Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves-Albion verdict - Why are we so soft? Men against boys

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
I’m going to let myself calm down.

I’ll have a wager with anyone who wants it, WBA will pick up more points than us between now and the end of the season.

I’ll (hypothetically) take you up on that mate.

Think this will be the catalyst to go back to a back three and be harder to beat.

They showed me nothing today which suggests they can pick up points regularly.

****ing hurts right now though.

DasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
how has our defense suddenly become so poor unforgivable. Offered nothing going forwards second half (at least we can see the reasons for that)

The problem is we've converted to a back 4 with players that aren't suitable to it. We signed players to play as a back 5 and then switch. We have Coady (a converted midfielder) who can't cope in a 4.

The idea that going to a 4 allows you to be more attacking is good. But doing it after signing players for a back 5, and when you have a bunch of players who aren't good enough for the role is madness.

Finch3d

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
A lot of damage done today... Will be interesting seeing how it unfolds. I suspect nothing will change, as per the Jan window. We'll just ride it out and wait for injuries to come back and form to come back.

R

reanswolf

Aeful penalty decisions?

Maybe so, but bith Boly and Coady gave the ref a decision to make.

The way to avoid awful penalty decisions is not to give the referee anything to think about.
Very true.

First one was definitely outside the box, if that had been Manure or Liverpool it would have been given outside the box. 2nd one barely a touch but we know Coady is weak on those one on ones.
Our handball, well, seen those given so many times but probably right not to give it.

Erick1011

First Mexican Wolves fan
Reaction score
Nuno: "We are all disappointed, we are aware it's a bad moment. We have to react to it and work hard for the next one.

"The (formation) change we think is better for us, we feel it suits the players we have. It's time to analyse and see the next step forward."

**** off Nuno. Broken record. We keep conceding **** poor, soft goals. What are you even analyzing?

SquaddieWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We are still being punished by officials for Nunos comments against Mason this is Clear to see and should not be allowed. However this also does not excuse the shambolic level of football we are currently producing. Not once this season have we put to decent halves together. It's got to the point when we have a decent first half I know we are going to play **** 2nd half.

Golfwolfuk

Groupie
Reaction score
Jeff won’t get his checkbook out because he too has lost faith in nuno. I read in football 365 today that mended is ‘actively’ seeking nuno a new club!! No joke. There’s no smoke without fire!

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Spineless we have totally lost our way.

I hope Fosun are our searching for Nunos replacement as we speak

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
This is a terrible period but nothing appears to be going our way at all. Three awful goals to give away and we are so lacking in confidence that I couldn't see us coming back. Think we can all see that Cutrone and Silva aren't the answer and MGW is not good enough. I think we need to go back to five at the back for the foreseeable future just to make us competitive again and keep games tighter.

I'm still fully behind Nuno, although he looks a shadow of his self at the moment. Wish this fake season was over with. We've got to steady the ship, solidify our place in the Premier League and start again next season. Hopefully with Nuno at the helm. I hope his doesn't walk away and I hope he's not pushed. He needs to see a full Molineux behind him and he needs to see his family again. Hope we can all make it to next season. For what it's worth, out man of the match was Traore.

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I still have faith in Nuno.... however id like so see a couple of players aged 24-28 who have played at a high level just to pick us up add a bit more of a core to a young squad

R

reanswolf

Imagine Leicester losing Vardy for the season, getting to January and deciding that the answer to their problem is bringing back Slimani.

Effectively what we've done. Utter joke we are. Make no mistake, we're in a relegation battle because of sheer ignorance.
Self-inflicted.

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We’re losing games against teams who don’t even have to try.

We’ve switched to 4 at the back, and have no striker. So we’re shipping goals and can’t score.

Stop being a stubborn **** and go back to what we’re good at. 5 at the back and counter attack.

SellyWolf

Reaction score
Nuno: "We are all disappointed, we are aware it's a bad moment. We have to react to it and work hard for the next one.

"The (formation) change we think is better for us, we feel it suits the players we have. It's time to analyse and see the next step forward."

**** off Nuno. Broken record. We keep conceding **** poor, soft goals. What are you even analyzing?
Disappointed yes. Question Nuno yes. Disagree with Nuno, yes.

**** off Nuno - no. Not appropriate.

Aimless Balls

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It starts at the top. Fosun gambled on a cheap(small, inexperienced) squad and were unlucky, but still don’t want to ante up. It’s like they didn’t buy insurance when they should have but now that it’s time to pay the hospital bill they’re trying to pay only the deductible. I don’t blame Nuno for being disappointed in the lack of support and I don’t blame him for much of today’s unpleasantness either.

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If that's not rock bottom then we're in big trouble. Anyone blaming the ref, or directing their anger at Big Sam is deflecting. That was entirely self inflicted. No fight, no heart, no composure, no voices.

West Brom wanted it more, so fair play to them. Which says it all.

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The culmination of five consecutively poor transfer windows coming home to roost.

We have been crying out for centre backs since we were promoted.
We have been crying out for a back up striker to lessen the burden on Raul.

We have no midfield control.
Dendoncker / Moutinho are currently offering nothing at all. No legs, no presence.

Nuno thanks for the memories, but it's time
To
Go

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What a ****ing ridiculous pair of penalties to give away, too. Jesus ****ing Christ. Basic stuff man.
First one is a joke

we had the ball

wepassed it to traore trying to take on 3 men on our own box

we lose the ball

we have 3-4 opportunities to put a challenge in and bottle them, then boly does that

Saltyjim

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I said in the summer, there's Jimenez and Vardy. The two most important individuals to a specific team. We should have had a top quality replacement ready to be signing January 1st. We've known since November what Raul's situation is. The ignorance and incompetence is staggering.
I didn't expect a top quality replacement, but at the very least a seasoned striker who could have stepped in as soon as the window was open. Not putting today down to Fabio, because that was his best showing so far.
We've definitely played worse than that and won, but to concede 3 against that lot at home???

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I admit I was wrong. It has to be five at the back from now on, with Donk alongside either Neves or Moutinho. We were poor so shouldn't complain about Oliver but how they got two penalties and got away with a hand ball I'll never understand. Nuno needs to go out and drown his sorrows and after a hang over tomorrow get back to basics on Monday, starting with shooting practice for everyone for two hours - or whenever they hit the target, whichever is first!

Final comment - this hasn't helped Dry January one bit!

jeb01

Reaction score
Very poor second half. We are coasting. No belief, no effort.
Nuno seems to have no answers.

Ian C

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To recall two players who Nuno clearly didn’t think we’re good enough, to save our season, is inexcusable by the club. I’m sure this wasn’t Nuno’s call so I feel for him there.

Fosun need to answer some questions here.

Nuno looks a broken man, but to keep playing Moutinho now is utterly ****ing incredible. Yes he keeps possession but he slows down every attack and allows the opposition to regroup.

We lost to a **** poor team today, inexcusable.

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Something that really worries me is the lack of link-up between Semedo and Traore. Individually they're both playing pretty well going forwards at the moment, and neither ever hides, but they just don't click. Doherty used to make clever runs inside which would create space for Traore, mean another body in the box, and create a passing option if Traore wanted to play early. That's just not Semedo's style. There was one move just after we went 2-1 up which led to a cross being flashed across, but examples like that are so rare. Neto and Ait-Nouri look more promising together, even if it's not quite coming off yet.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We've just lost our way, no clean sheets in 12 and 1 win in 9 league games. Poor recruitment coming home to roost but you can't overlook how we make the same mistakes at the back over and over again. Need fresh ideas I think.

Jamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fabio had a chance to get a brace - missed.
Cutrone had one chance to make his name - missed.
MGW could have been an impact sub - wasnt.
Midfield and defence hopeless, Neto and Traore half hearted. Patricio couldnt choose the right way down a one way street.

WBA are so poor. What does that make us ?

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
100% behind Nuno, we play the right way, just finding it hard adjusting to a new system and new players. Only Judas fans and school age fans want him out. Pleased for Silva to get a goal, Cutrone unlucky with his chance. I don't understand the rules of hand ball anymore.

D

Deleted member 11157

Men against boys. Totally nailed it. We were bossed by a **** side.

Time for Nuno to step aside. He is accountable for that mess.

Back
Top Bottom