Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves-Albion verdict - Why are we so soft? Men against boys

Andy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
First of all, I’m completely behind Nuno, it would be a massive mistake to let him go.

That ****ing hurts though. So much wrong. We had it exactly where we wanted it, real lack of balls to concede that equaliser.

Coady coming off worries me.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Just **** off Nuno. **** off. Watford semi, Sevilla QF, today, any ****ing game that means anything you choke. You’ve just been out thought by Sam ****ing Allardyce. Go. And take half the ****ing powderpuff team with you. Last 2 days you’ve spoke a good game. Just a pity you don’t play a good game.

**** off.
Yes, let's get in one of those other managers who would take us to the European QF and FA Cup semi.

D

Deleted member 5910

Albion has 8 points at the start of that game; they won this game because they had heart, desire, and organisation, basically everything we lacked! They knew what this fixture means. Boly and Silva aside, every Wolves player should be utterly ashamed of themselves. Not a man with remotely the same passion as Bartley for them. This felt like a bad acid flashback to the 5-1 game, it feels like a game where the tides may turn against Nuno.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Disgusting, gutless, brain-dead performance. Didn’t match them for effort and got what we deserved. If you concede 3 goals like that at home to what is one of the worst sides in Premier League history, you deserve to lose and you are in a relegation battle.

Coady was awful. As much as I love him, if we’re playing a 4 (which we absolutely shouldn’t be from now), he can’t play in it.

Only positive was Fabio’s goal.

Patricio 5
Semedo 5
Boly 5
Coady 3
Saiss 5
Neves 4
Dendoncker 4
Moutinho 3
Neto 5
Adama 4
Fabio 6

MGW 4
RAN 5
Cutrone 5

Does feel like the type of result and performance which could define Nuno’s future. The 5-1 was the end of an era for Mick but the fact was they were a far better side than us back then. We are miles ahead of them now in terms of ability but showed a criminal lack of both bravery and ability to manage the game.

Hopefully, Nuno learns from this, goes back to a three and we get back to being tough to score against.

If he doesn’t, make no mistake about it. We could go down.

NewarkWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Horrible day. Such a terrible performance against an awful team.

Nuno not interested, players look lost, we look beatable all the time!

Pessimistic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There are all sorts of factors going on. A contracted season, no pre season, major injuries, questions about transfers.

Nuno's management of games has been questionable at best. Our tactics haven't made very much sense. Our team selections pose questions too.

These things happen in football. I don't like it but I can get my head around that. That can be analysed and

What is inexcusable is the lack of fight and effort. This is a side that has completely given up and is psychologically in freefall. This will be Nuno's greatest managerial challenge in his career.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What a ****ing ridiculous pair of penalties to give away, too. Jesus ****ing Christ. Basic stuff man.

thisisgil

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My takeaway:

[*] One team was clearly up for it. The other just didn't seem to understand what the BCD means
[*] Silva had perhaps his best game since joining us today
[*] Nuno has no plan B and is too slow to make substitutions
[*] Cutrone needs more than a 15 minute bit-part role. He has instinct and he has technique. If Nuno stops being stubborn, he could be an asset
[*] If we don't sign anyone else this window, there's not a hope in hell of a finish above 13th
[*] In his first game returning from injury, our centre back scored more goals and gave more assists than Traore has all season

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
how has our defense suddenly become so poor unforgivable. Offered nothing going forwards second half (at least we can see the reasons for that)

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We absolutely destroyed them down the flanks.

But....

where is the central striker who is good in the air?

And we can not defend at the mo.

MrwulfAndrew

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gutless bunch of cowards couldnt even string 2 passes together when we should have been launching everything at it at the end. I cant be anymore ****ed off with that performance. We are in a relegation battle, it is clear as day.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
2 very dubious pens and a clear foul on Neves for the other one.

No excuses for how poor we were at 2-3.

Back to a 343 and what we do best.

Oh and sign a striker (not that Silva let us down today)
they were pens there was contact coady got to tight , boly lunged in. Nevea had an arm to his shoulder which then hit his face. We were dire nuno looked broken , traore last 8 gave up

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes, let's get in one of those other managers who would take us to the European QF and FA Cup semi.
Yes. Let’s.
How about we start off small and we get someone who can tactically put think the meat and potato Dave Bassett.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apart from penalty number one being outside the box, Gibbs handling the ball in their 6 yard box and ignoring Neves getting a whack In the face for their second, what do you mean?
Haha exactly. I genuinely hope something bad happens to him. Are the roads slippy?

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At least it was a good day for all those on here who wanted them to come up so we could "enjoy" the BCD once again.

I have to admit for poor old me who wanted them to miss out on promotion and enter into the impeding financial ruin, it's a challenging time now.

Howler

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Two bog average teams, neither really deserved to win.....Nuno's mind appears elsewhere, he should be given time off if he can't put 100% into being manager right now.

D

Deleted member 7206

It was fun whilst it lasted
Neto will be gone
Neves too
Probably Adama
And yes I’m a drama queen
I'll drive Adama, that second half of misplaced passes and a lack of effort in a Derby is the final straw

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Everyone just breathe. Take the emotion out of it and we were shafted by two awful penalty decisions.
Doesn't take away from the fact we were garbage when it went 3-2, created nothing.

But this isn't a time for rash decisions.
Awful penalty decisions?

Maybe so, but both Boly and Coady gave the ref a decision to make.

The way to avoid awful penalty decisions is not to give the referee anything to think about.

R

reanswolf

Where are all you muppets from a month ago who said we arent in a relegation battle? Absolutely atrocious once again. Cannot trust a single one of these players. We will not win more than 3 games until the end of the season which aint enough.
So sorry for you Tipton lads, at least we don't have to take the stick you lads wil lhave to take.
Embarrassing, **** Championship standard game but we let them drag us down. In fairness we didnt have the ability in key areas to make the most of it.

If we had a decent striker things might be different, but they have self-inflicted thsi by their arrogant refusal to see where we are weak.

Last edited by a moderator:

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I said in the summer, there's Jimenez and Vardy. The two most important individuals to a specific team. We should have had a top quality replacement ready to be signing January 1st. We've known since November what Raul's situation is. The ignorance and incompetence is staggering.

SellyWolf

Reaction score
Patricio - 5
Saiss - 6
Boly - 6
Coady - 3
Semedo - 6
Neves - 5
Moutinho - 4
Dendoncker - 5
Neto - 6
Silva - 6
Traore - 6

Gibbs-White - 4
RAN - 6
Cutrone - 5

I think that sums it up. We didn’t play well enough. The signs are worrying for me; something isn’t right at the moment and we all know it. The Coady substitution, Nuno’s demeanour, the ad hoc nature of our patterns of play, relying on the frankly sub-par Gibbs-White to try and turn the game, the strange defensive rashness.

At least it’s only football...

Slothmonkey

Reaction score
First off this is reactionary on my point I am normally a patient fan. That was awful and showed everything that is wrong with us. This team is built in our managers image they both look lost. People saying worrying coady and neves came off they bottled it for equaliser. Both lost headers bloody awful. Coady was awful for 3rd. Takeaway injustice of First.

We look a poor vulnerable team we are conceding a hell of a lot of poor goals. I was one for the change and the transition to a back 4, you can change though when you do not have the players, we have no cbs that can play in a 2 and it shows. Get back to a back 3 ASAP. Otherwise it will be a longer season than it already is. Already feels longer than last year.

Also sick of adama dribbling into dead ends. Him dribbling it out led to First pen was stupid. He did not get his head up once.

Cm we are too slow, we move the ball to slow. Neto holds onto it to much these days. We look disjointed.

As a fan I am frustrated beyond belief

Stratman Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My takeaway:

[*] One team was clearly up for it. The other just didn't seem to understand what the BCD means
[*] Silva had perhaps his best game since joining us today
[*] Nuno has no plan B and is too slow to make substitutions
[*] Cutrone needs more than a 15 minute bit-part role. He has instinct and he has technique. If Nuno stops being stubborn, he could be an asset
[*] If we don't sign anyone else this window, there's not a hope in hell of a finish above 13th
[*] In his first game returning from injury, our centre back scored more goals and gave more assists than Traore has all season

Chinese owners with Portuguese manager with foreign players almost a decade after the last BCD. No one had any idea how much this mattered and they probably didn't care especially without the fans there. Sam knew what was at stake, you can bet that.

Back
Top Bottom