Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Team vs Fulham

whitnash wolf ex.dewsbury

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I keep saying this but Moutinho and neves Simply aren’t good enough together. They get bypassed so easily and are bullied by any
Half decent midfielders. Why nuno persists with them together is beyond me. We all love Moutinho and he is a legend but he’s offering nothing atm. Also serious question but can he kick the ball further than 30 yards?
he can`t shoot for sure.I know neves is closed down quickly in the prem but his shooting is getting worse

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mitrovic concerns me he had smashed up Coady everytime we've played them and will have a field day if we play like last night...

pacamac

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some right toys out the prom here after one awful result (and some people showing they don’t even know where our players play)

Patricio
Boly Coady Saiss
Semedo Dendoncker Neves Marcal
Neto Jimenez Podence

tamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Patricio
Semedo Hoever Boly Marcal
Neves
Dendoncker Vitinha
Neto Jimenez Podence
Can't ever see Nuno abandoning the back 3 though.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How about:
Rui
Semedo, Hoever, Coady, Boly, Marcal
Dendoncker Neves Saiss
Podence Raul

on the basis that Semedo and Traore seemEd to try to occupy the same space yesterday with neither getting back.
Boly was better at the back but needs to prove it again in his better position
Dendoncker has done nothing wrong
Saiss has been reasonably dependable ( but had a poor game yesterday) and might add steel to the midfield
Neves can then play further forward
Podence looked very good against City.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some right toys out the prom here after one awful result (and some people showing they don’t even know where our players play)

Patricio
Boly Coady Saiss
Semedo Dendoncker Neves Marcal
Neto Jimenez Podence

im concerned with the 3-4-3 i have to say but this is the team if we are to play it most definitely.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Half the premier league is adopting 3-4-3 right now cos they have seen how it works for us and gone "hey that might work for us" yet people want to seemingly ditch it rather than buying a centre half or two.

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Call me very bold, but if Podence and Marcel are out on Sunday:

GK - Rui
RWB - Semedo
LWB - Burr
LCB - Kilman
CB - Coady
RCB - Hoever
CM - Dendonker
CM - Neves
LW - Neto
ST - Raul
RW - Adama

No doubt a few will scream, but with Boly out of form, Vinagre very liable at the moment, Saiss not being good enough at Centre Back, Leander being a workhorse in Midfield and others bursting through, it would be good to be different and give others a go.

There should be nothing about loyalism, if we want to get results and we need to show that!

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Patricio

Hoever---Coady---Boly

Semedo---Dendoncker---Neves---Vitinha---Marcal

Neto---Raul

Marcal to come back in for Vinagre (if fit).

Give Saiss a rest and see what Hoever can do at right centre-back, moving Boly back over to the left.

Bring Dendoncker and Vitinha into the midfield alongside Neves for some much needed energy.

Neto to start alongside Raul.

Podence (if fit) and Traore impact subs from the bench.

Last edited:

Direwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Same team except I would replace Coady with Hoever and Moutinho with Dendonker and make Neves captain. Despite the England call up I feel Coady is very much a defensive weakness. Saiss and Coady in defence gives me nightmares. You could drop either one of them I just feel Saiss has a bit more defensively than Conor.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Half the premier league is adopting 3-4-3 right now cos they have seen how it works for us and gone "hey that might work for us" yet people want to seemingly ditch it rather than buying a centre half or two.

I dont want to ditch but if nuno wants to persist with the midfield two of moutinho and neves we cant play it and need three in there, you need athleticism in the back 3, boly does have it but coady loses his function without the wbs he had.

If you look at alot of the 3-4-3 systems there is such heavy reliance on good wb's and the switch of play. We look so flat we need dynanism

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
he can`t shoot for sure.I know neves is closed down quickly in the prem but his shooting is getting worse

He scored with about 3% of his Prem shots last season, which is atrocious. I think his quote after scoring a screamer in the Liverpool FA Cup win two years ago is pertinent here:

“I have a proposal to the Premier League: they should change the ball to Mitre!

Most of his best goals have come in competitions that don't use the Nike ball (Europa, Championship, FA Cup)

BigSteve

Reaction score
Same team except I would replace Coady with Hoever and Moutinho with Dendonker and make Neves captain. Despite the England call up I feel Coady is very much a defensive weakness. Saiss and Coady in defence gives me nightmares. You could drop either one of them I just feel Saiss has a bit more defensively than Conor.

Coady has played every minute of our last 738 games. He ain't gonna dropped for someone who's never started a premier league match.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Podence and Dendoncker must play if fit. The footballing brain of the former is 2nd to none and he's the most likely to do something that will break the deadlock. The latter has got legs and presence to make us have some midfield. I'd pair him with Neves.
We lacked podence's guile.

Nivada

Reaction score
We need Podence back desperately, he's assisted 2 of our 3 goals this season.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Assuming Podence is fit...

Rui

Boly Coady Saiss

Semedo Neves Moutinho Vinagre

Podence

Silva Raul

Would happily swap Donk with either Saiss or Moutinho though.

Nivada

Reaction score
Go back to a more defensive setup for Fulham in my opinion, nicking a one nil is a start, Podence is no striker but he has creativity and a willingness to run like Jota that might reignite the pacey counter attack oriented front two magic we had in 18/19.
3-5-2

Rui
Boly Coady Saiss
Semedo Neves Dendoncker Moutinho Vinagre
Podence Raul

Give Moutinho another game, if he's pedestrian again then replace him with Vitinha for the forseeable future.

Wolf Pack leader

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
For me - Assuming we sign nobody this week

Rui

Hoever
Coady
Boly

Semedo
Dendonker
Neves
Marcal ( if fit) Vinagre if not

Podence (if fit) Traore if not
Raul
Neto

djmikeydickens

Reaction score
--------------Rui-----------
----Hoever-- Coady-- Boly----
Semedo------------------Marcal
------Neves----Dendonker----
Podence-----Raul-------Neto

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
................................Patricio.............................
Hoever.................Donk.......................kilman
Semedo..........Neves.......Vitinha........Marcal
...................................Neto( Traore)...................
.......................Jimenez.........Podence..................

:)

Greeno

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nuno will be targetting this for a win, so he won't experiment too much, i'm sure.

Ditton Wolf

Reaction score
Lets hope Mitrovic and Kamara don't bully our defence like yesterday or this could be another awful result....

Wolf-Pack

Reaction score
Patricio
Semedo Hoever Boly Vinagre
Neves
Donk Vitinha
Neto Raul Podence
There is no point having Coady in the team without the diagonal ball working. We lost that now Doc is gone and Neves spends the whole game stood on Coady's toes so roll both into one and add another body to the midfield where it is badly needed.

It’s very unlikely to happen but I like this. When we gain possession Neves could stay in his deep role and Boly and Hoever can split so essentially still 3 at the back. When we lose possession the back four and sit more narrow, Neves in front and Neto/Podence cover the wide areas in front of the two full backs.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t think a 5’10” 18 year old is is the answer to our shortcomings at centre back.

D

Deleted member 5962

I don’t think a 5’10” 18 year old is is the answer to our shortcomings at centre back.

He isnt 5'10. Marcal is 5'10 and Hoever is noticeably taller. He is at least as tall as Coady.

D

Deleted member 4008

How about:
Rui
Semedo, Hoever, Coady, Boly, Marcal
Dendoncker Neves Saiss
Podence Raul

on the basis that Semedo and Traore seemEd to try to occupy the same space yesterday with neither getting back.
Boly was better at the back but needs to prove it again in his better position
Dendoncker has done nothing wrong
Saiss has been reasonably dependable ( but had a poor game yesterday) and might add steel to the midfield
Neves can then play further forward
Podence looked very good against City.

Might be ok at the back but the midfield strikes me with no creativity

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nuno will be targetting this for a win, so he won't experiment too much, i'm sure.
I'm inclined to agree. Of course should he not change things and we don't get the win against a team that undoubtedly will be in the bottom 4....
Based on last night I am seriously concerned about what Mitrovic will do against our defence.

D

Deleted member 11157

I would hope Marcal comes back and my only change would be Podence for Traore. Easy to say either Boly or Saiss on the left with Bennett or Hoever coming in on the right but I am not instantly dismissive of Boly at the moment ( Nor Saiss ). Not inclined to throw the Neves/Moutinho partnership on the scrap heap just yet either. They'll all hit back - no problem.

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Patricio
Hoever-Coady-Boly
Semedo-Neves-DONK-Marcal(Vinagre if Marcal is unfit)
Traore-Raul-Podence(Neto if Pod is unfit)

It would be a proof of great poverty if we cannot afford to go 3-4-3 at home to a team like Fulham.
Boly is now playing LCB in the starting lineup above and Dendoncker comes in to straighten up the central midfield.
Neves is above Moutinho in the pecking order for me.The time is overdue for him to run our central midfield.
The rest of the starters is pretty much no brainers IMO.
I want us to start fast,take the match by the scruff of the neck and speed up from there.
Let´s leave West Ham match behind.
I expect an 100 percent effort.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Patricio
Boly Coady Killman
Semedo Neves Saiss Marcel
Podence Neto
Jimenez​

Wolfy McWolf-Face

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
For me:

Rui

Boly Bennett Saiss

Hoever Donck Neves Semedo

Podence

Raul Silva

It'll never happen as Bennett is a goner but we need strength and **** housery to deal with Mitrovic and there is no one else. They will have watched last night with delight and we cant subject Coady to that again.

Vinagre is offering us nothing. Id sooner give Hoever the game and let Semedo try the left.

Donck to provide energy in midfield and Podence (or vitinha if out) given a free reign to create for Raul and Silva.

Before I get pelters I know this won't happen. Coady will not be rested. Bennett will not be recalled. Semedo won't play left and Silva won't start.

But we do need a shake-up.

Overlooked Marcal but i will stick with my team.

Nivada

Reaction score
For me:

Rui

Boly Bennett Saiss

Hoever Donck Neves Semedo

Podence

Raul Silva

It'll never happen as Bennett is a goner but we need strength and **** housery to deal with Mitrovic and there is no one else. They will have watched last night with delight and we cant subject Coady to that again.

Vinagre is offering us nothing. Id sooner give Hoever the game and let Semedo try the left.

Donck to provide energy in midfield and Podence (or vitinha if out) given a free reign to create for Raul and Silva.

Before I get pelters I know this won't happen. Coady will not be rested. Bennett will not be recalled. Semedo won't play left and Silva won't start.

But we do need a shake-up.
Would absolutely love it if Bennett appeared out of nowhere and saved our season.

Back
Top Bottom