Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Diogo Jota

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
if doherty and Jota want to leave then the club will struggle to hold them. It looks as if Jota is trying to leave and maybe fell out with Nuno hence the cryptic "unavailable" comment

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nah, Doc was replaceable, had hit his prime, anyone could see that, Jota is a different kettle of fish.

Melt.

Yeah but it's still really funny.

Because Fosun are great negotiators, because we know nothing, because we have to trust them with everything. You and many should be apologising to others from before but probs a bit too much to expect from a ****ney.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
anyone would, to be fair. you'll probably get a league winner's medal in 9 months' time
Ouch! Harsh but very fair. We had a great opportunity of showing how serious we are, particularly without EL distractions and our excellent start against Sheff Utd. But for whatever reasons, we were cack although Nuno thought we did ok overall although, as one would expect, there are improvements to be made.

Vinagre appears to be out of favour so it looks like he hasn’t developed how they’d hoped. Jota wasn’t great last season but we had high hopes this season with our ambitious signings.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whilst I don't want to let Jota go, I think the club cannot prevent players furthering their careers.

Whilst we think of ourselves as a big exciting club to be at. We are not in that top 6 and we are not playing CL or EL football. We cannot stand in the way of players moving onto "bigger" clubs if the offer is right for all parties.

The way we attract the next crop of young stars is to sell the project but also the dream of playing for the cream of Europe. Hopefully that will be with Wolves in the none to distant future. But if players have the ability and the right offer is there then we cannot stand in their way.
Rubbish. Either Wolves are going for it or they are not. Keep selling your best players and you will land up in no man's land like Southampton. Jota is one of our crown jewels. It is madness to sell him.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah but it's still really funny.

Because Fosun are great negotiators, because we know nothing, because we have to trust them with everything. You and many should be apologising to others from before but probs a bit too much to expect from a ****ney.
Harsh!

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whilst I don't want to let Jota go, I think the club cannot prevent players furthering their careers.

Whilst we think of ourselves as a big exciting club to be at. We are not in that top 6 and we are not playing CL or EL football. We cannot stand in the way of players moving onto "bigger" clubs if the offer is right for all parties.

The way we attract the next crop of young stars is to sell the project but also the dream of playing for the cream of Europe. Hopefully that will be with Wolves in the none to distant future. But if players have the ability and the right offer is there then we cannot stand in their way.
Re your last para if we sell established players for little or no more than we pay for the young stars you mention we will bleed players and never get to the top. I really do not want us to become the next Southampton....

OoohRobbieRobbie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree totally, and I think most Wolves fans can see exactly what you are saying, but a sizeable minority seem to feel differently. We are very lucky to have him, and I would be desperately sad to see him go or feel that he is not wanted, but social media is powerful influence and so I am sure he is aware of these opinions.

They're quite frankly thick unfortunately but nothing surprises me with football fans these days.

Minutes after my post the Liverpool rumour came out. ****ing devastated if he leaves.

haveaniceday

Groupie
Reaction score
1600443636073.png

I know a lot of people on here reckon he talks **** but he seems to know his stuff more often than not , I am absolutely gutted about this transfer and if he is trying to force a move he may aswell just go, pointless keeping him here unhappy.

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Havent read through the posts but if Jota is going i will be dissapointed, he is a goalscorer yes he blows hot and cold but so do a good many strikers, Diogo has scored the goals for us in a team not known for its attacking prowess, how many he will/would score in a Team that gets more players/balls into the box ?. Diogo is a good player proven in the PL so if the fee is anything less than 35 million then we are giving him away.. its immaterial if he is pushing to leave but at least get the proper fee for him, Nuno wont keep him if he said he wants to go, he has shown in the past that unhappy players are soon on the way out..

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely embarrassing. What a ****ing joke and what the **** is going on?

Also, don't for a second think we're getting around £30-40m.

These are the tightest ***** around and wouldn't pay £45-50m for Werner so they aren't paying near that for Jota.

Something don’t add up. I’d take 30m but no chance .

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rubbish. Either Wolves are going for it or they are not. Keep selling your best players and you will land up in no man's land like Southampton. Jota is one of our crown jewels. It is madness to sell him.
Unless we bring in someone better, of course.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I like Jota. however, he’s a streaky player and when he’s hot, he’s hot.
The second half of last season, a lot of our moves broke down with Jota just holding on to the ball too long and his goals /assists dried up.
I felt Jota ended last season behind Traore, Podence and Neto.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

"When can we expect you to setup the Fosun out plane fund?"

"I'm recording a video in my garden burning my Doc Ireland and Wolves shirt in protest."

"I trust the judgement of those in charge who know more than you and I."

"It more fun to take the pee."

"Fosun should leave at this point. Worse than moxey, init."

"He should leave the sinking ship I've heard."

Just some of the pearls you gave concerned fans on the Doherty thread.

In fairness, at least you won't be like the many I'm expecting to come on here who will try and tell us Jota wasn't any good.

Ches78

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Would be gutted to see Jota go, he's been awesome in the championship and prem. Loved the way he took to the physical nature of English football. But if the league title holders with Champs league come sniffing you can't blame him for being keen - just hope we get fair value if he does go - guess we could see a player plus cash deal for that young defender - him plus £20-30m would perhaps be a good deal...?

SB_Upper

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I have this crap feeling that, if we do let him go, he won't necessarily be replaced and our forward options would be Jimenez, Fabio, Neto, Podence & Adama.

All good options, still don't want him to leave though.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This better not be true. The way the front 3 set up against Sheff Utd would have suited him down to the ground; floating around and coming infield a lot.

Really not happy with this, I prefer him to all the other wide men we have and he can also play up top when needed (in fact it's probably his best position). He's as strong as an ox and works his socks off.

This is the sort of move where, if the fee is terrible, it could put a real bad feeling around the club.

It's almost fortunate the fans aren't allowed to games yet.

Aylesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's all well and good those of you moaning about the club selling Jota but IF he wants to go, how are they supposed to stop him? Just remember, he has no ties to the area so if Liverpool come calling and he has a chance to win something and play in the CL, how are Wolves supposed to stop him going? He has given us a good three years, something like this was bound to happen sooner or later.

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
View attachment 17659

I know a lot of people on here reckon he talks **** but he seems to know his stuff more often than not , I am absolutely gutted about this transfer and if he is trying to force a move he may aswell just go, pointless keeping him here unhappy.

Jimenez to Man Utd was a done deal a few weeks ago according to this bloke

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
"When can we expect you to setup the Fosun out plane fund?"

"I'm recording a video in my garden burning my Doc Ireland and Wolves shirt in protest."

"I trust the judgement of those in charge who know more than you and I."

"It more fun to take the pee."

"Fosun should leave at this point. Worse than moxey, init."

"He should leave the sinking ship I've heard."

Just some of the pearls you gave concerned fans on the Doherty thread.

In fairness, at least you won't be like the many I'm expecting to come on here who will try and tell us Jota wasn't any good.

I was really on form that week.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Even though he was poor for a lot of last season he’s my favourite player. I don’t think he’s ahead of Neto or Podence but honestly if he goes I’ll be devastated no matter the fee. On his day he is unstoppable.

Chode

Reaction score
I suspect a bid has been accepted already. Would explain him suddenly left out last night if it was just talks, surely he would have played.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some reports doing the rounds of us agreeing a fee of £25 million with Liverpool. Bit deflating

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would be gutted to see Jota go, he's been awesome in the championship and prem. Loved the way he took to the physical nature of English football. But if the league title holders with Champs league come sniffing you can't blame him for being keen - just hope we get fair value if he does go - guess we could see a player plus cash deal for that young defender - him plus £20-30m would perhaps be a good deal...?

Spot on. We couldn’t even get past Stoke City with a strong starting XI!

R

RyanWW

When has Jota crossed a ball? He drives into the box with the ball from a wide position, sometimes cuts it back.

I can't remember ever seeing Jota whip a cross in from out wide.

And he won't need to in Liverpool's system. Their full backs provide the crosses.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If he's kicking up a fuss to go, **** him off. That goes for any player or staff that doesn't want to be here.

St.Simon.

Reaction score
I'd be disappointed if he went but I could live with it as long as it's a decent fee.

I do not want to be doing the clubs we're looking to catch any favours.

I still think Vinagre could play in Diogo's position.
What!!!!! You're having a laugh.

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Providing we are getting the right price for Jota..around 30 Mill I recon..then I am pretty relaxed to sell one of our squadplayers for that sum.

Jota is not in our starting eleven anymore.He is too cold and he had a pretty awful season the last one.

30 Mill from Pool for him and I would be happy to see this money reinvested in players with more quality.

I am not knocking Jota BTW,it is his DNA to go long periods being pretty useless.

He won´t figure much for Pool either.

Netherton Wolf

Reaction score
Crazy that a few weeks ago we were all saying really hope bids dont come in for Raul/Ruben n Adama, & its Doc n looks like Diogo gone, what a difference a few weeks makes, gutting ;(

Back
Top Bottom