Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Diogo Jota

Superted

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
have you watched him try to cross a ball?
When has Jota crossed a ball? He drives into the box with the ball from a wide position, sometimes cuts it back.

I can't remember ever seeing Jota whip a cross in from out wide.

Cousins78

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I honestly think we will be disappointed in the fee for Jota if liverpool are playing up about 40 mill for sarr not sure they will pay that much for jota

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The more I think about this the more wrong it feels. How are Shi and co going to dress this up? Whoever is signed as a replacement, assuming there is someone, will be inferior. Guaranteed. So we expect an 18 year old Silva to bridge the huge gap Jota will leave. So desperately disappointed in Fosun and Nuno if he has agreed to this. Liverpool won't pay top dollar. I am sure it will be around £25m, £30m tops. Absolute peanuts for a player of Jota's class. Is this the beginning of a retreat into mediocrity? Imagine the effect of this transfer on Neves (next in line?) and Jiminez. How many 18 year olds do we need who aren't ready for first team action?

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agree, 35m is really low for Jota, Vile have just spent nearly 30m on a forward from the championship.
Agreed. I am dreading the fee we will receive for Jota. Considering we brought him for around the £12m mark, given FOSUN are an investment company, we must be seeking a bare minimum of £30mil, surely?

I am also concerned what this will do in house. He clearly has a positive relationship with many important senior players.

I didn't understand the Doherty one and still don't. This one has knocked me sideways.

Mighty Thor

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When has Jota crossed a ball? He drives into the box with the ball from a wide position, sometimes cuts it back.

You never mentioned jota. You said vinagre outwide.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Couldn’t agree more and after Raul we have no-one who comes close to his scoring record anyway.
Good point. Apart from Raul, where else are our goals going to come from? Step forward Neto, Podence, Traore, Neves to assist Saiss?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would be very disappointed to see Jota go, although if it is true that he is forcing a move, I'd sooner take a big fee and let him go than keep him against his will. He has definitely earned any move he wants to make - a great servant for the club.

What I am becoming slightly concerned about is our current transfer policy. We seem to be all too keen to sell proven Premier League players - and with Jota - a huge future with us - and replacing them with very, very young players.

Don't get me wrong. Silva, Vitinha and Hoever (if he comes) are very exciting, but it is asking a hell of a lot for them to hit the ground running and contribute in the same way that the players they are replacing have.
Agreed. We're selling cheap too which makes it worse...

SquaddieWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Forcing the move by sounds, guess he values winning something. Numpty, doesn't he know we can crack the 5th place trophy this year!
We won best of the rest trophy for last 2 years

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's impossible to determine what's a good value transfer these days. £40m might mean the agent gets £10m. I think Jota's a better player than Sarr, but the club will sell if it makes sense for them.

I wouldn't mind Minamno on loan as part of any deal: could be just the attacking midfielder we could do with and Jota would presumably push him down the Anfield pecking order.

Cookyssweetleftfoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jota is a strange one. Some amazing memories, absolute quality on his day, and I appreciate he has also just broken in to the Portugal squad. However, I think Podence and Neto not only have more potential, but certainly in Podences case, I reckon is significantly better already. We then have Silva too.

In saying that though, would hate to see him leave. If the fee is right though and selling him means we keep Jiminez, Traore and Neves, plus use the funds to buy a top drawer RWB, you would take that all day long.

My concern however is we sell him and this 12 year old kid is the wing back.

I really like Podence and Neto but they don’t carry the same goal threat as Jota.

I agree it is vital to keep Jimenez and Neves.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Get Saint Maximin as a replacement if he does go
I am not convinced there will be a replacement. Infact, I think he has already been signed in Fabio Silva. Vitinha on occasions also took up the wide left berth last night.

Have we ever had a Nuno season with 6 forwards? It always felt like overkill. It had been bugging me ever since we signed Silva that one would leave. Part of me wanted it to be Traore due to the fee we would get and the fact he makes us too one dimensional. As I said yesterday the best thing about Jota is when he is on it, the team is never any better. Our best form coincides with his.

rg4352

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agreed. I am dreading the fee we will receive for Jota. Considering we brought him for around the £12m mark, given FOSUN are an investment company, we must be seeking a bare minimum of £30mil, surely?

I am also concerned what this will do in house. He clearly has a positive relationship with many important senior players.

I didn't understand the Doherty one and still don't. This one has knocked me sideways.

The only way I can kind of justify them both leaving is that they both pushed/ are pushing for moves, Nuno I imagine is the type of guy who doesn’t want to hold onto people who aren’t fully invested in the project. What bugs me is that we let them go without sorting ourselves out first. With how the transfer market changes daily, offers being gazumped, players changing their minds and agents being involved I just think it’s a ridiculous risk/situation to put us in, when you could just agree that the player can’t leave till a replacement is in

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Doc was replaceable. Jota isn't, vast difference you melt.

'Melt' lol.

Nah, both were important and some could see a stupid decision - selling Doherty for £15m, was wrong and hinted at further things which this backed up. But you just spent days laughing at anyone and everyone who dared to question Fosun.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Perhaps Liverpool’s attacking flair will suit him better? They score goals from all over park it seems, rather than being restricted to a particular style of wing backs.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am not convinced there will be a replacement. Infact, I think he has already been signed in Fabio Silva. Vitinha on occasions also took up the wide left berth last night.

Have we ever had a Nuno season with 6 forwards? It always felt like overkill. It had been bugging me ever since we signed Silva that one would leave. Part of me wanted it to be Traore due to the fee we would get and the fact he makes us too one dimensional. As I said yesterday the best thing about Jota is when he is on it, the team is never any better. Our best form coincides with his.
I'd happily do that, Traore when he starts is totally nullified at times, Jota on song is brilliant.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
'Melt' lol.

Nah, both were important and some could see a stupid decision - selling Doherty for £15m, was wrong and hinted at further things which this backed up. But you just spent days laughing at anyone and everyone who dared to question Fosun.
Nah, Doc was replaceable, had hit his prime, anyone could see that, Jota is a different kettle of fish.

Melt.

Super Ted

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whilst I don't want to let Jota go, I think the club cannot prevent players furthering their careers.

Whilst we think of ourselves as a big exciting club to be at. We are not in that top 6 and we are not playing CL or EL football. We cannot stand in the way of players moving onto "bigger" clubs if the offer is right for all parties.

The way we attract the next crop of young stars is to sell the project but also the dream of playing for the cream of Europe. Hopefully that will be with Wolves in the none to distant future. But if players have the ability and the right offer is there then we cannot stand in their way.

Back
Top Bottom