Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Diogo Jota

R

reanswolf

"If" true, I wouldn't blame him, Liverpool are a top club but I doubt he will see much game time there.
£30-£40m return seems fair. And seeing how some Wolves fans feel about him, you wouldn't blame him.
As we said earlier, its all part of the way it works, players will come here if they feel they can progress to a bigger club should the opportunity arise. I have my doubts its true as Liverpool seem wary of spending, unless some sort of exchange is part of this.

Now reported on Sky.

Andy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well don't you look a little bit silly now. Muppet.

Back on thread, gutted if Jota leaves. I did always have concerns of one forward leaving with the signings of Silva and Vitinha.
not really, I stand by it.

You started a thread on a feeling, no evidence, loads of that **** on here. Most likely scenario at the time was not a transfer. Even a blind Squirrel finds an acorn now and then.

Embarrassing thread when posted. But well done on your shallow feeling of vindication, muppet.

Cookyssweetleftfoot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The fact that some Wolves fans don't see how valuable Jota is to us is astonishing. Actually, it's not actually surprising. A lot of football fans look at 'goals and assists' and use that as a basis for their input.

Regardless of his dry patches on the scoresheet (and a handful of poor games - how dare the 23 year old do that), the intelligence he has off the ball is ****ing astounding, and when he's in the XI it shows. He is a game changing player, he has super human strength and balance which cant be taught, confident with both feet, the list goes on. He could be one of the best players in Europe within 3 seasons. I'll be so ****ed off if he goes, because I want to witness it happen whilst he's in a Wolves shirt.

Couldn’t agree more and after Raul we have no-one who comes close to his scoring record anyway.

Superted

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I'd be disappointed if he went but I could live with it as long as it's a decent fee.

I do not want to be doing the clubs we're looking to catch any favours.

I still think Vinagre could play in Diogo's position.

Irish_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If the money is right and we have an equal replacement then I'd happily sell Jota as he is so inconsistent.

But we better not be replacing him with someone's 18 year old player who has little or no first team experience.

rg4352

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If it’s true that Jota is forcing the move, then he can go. I don’t know why he’d force a move somewhere to sit on another bench myself

Chode

Reaction score
If this funds the purchase of Dias or similar, then maybe this would be ok. Generally angry though if there is no plan to significantly upgrade the squad with the money.

Mighty Thor

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Where is this 35m would be fair coming from? We just spent 35M on a kid who made 1 start in a tin pot league who last night looked like he won a competition to play professional football. Jota is a proven premier league and European goal scorer who is super young still.

Superted

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Vinagre has trouble playing in his own position let alone anyone else’s.
Perhaps I should rephrase.

I think Vinagre would be better and more effective in a wide forward role rather than wing back.

lyechris

Groupie
Reaction score
Keep the fee low, inflate the agent fee we have access to a Liverpool player nuno wants and we keep mendes on side, meening we'll get access to his stock at great prices. It doesnt sound fair but it works for us. villa have shown us you can easily spend 100 million on rubbish. its not about the cash, it's about who you take shopping with you, like a cool dad

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
not really, I stand by it.

You started a thread on a feeling, no evidence, loads of that **** on here. Most likely scenario at the time was not a transfer. Even a blind Squirrel finds an acorn now and then.

Embarrassing thread when posted. But well done on your shallow feeling of vindication, muppet.
I started a thread to start a discussion. No minutes on Saturday, not even on the bench yesterday. This was before the rumours started.

No vindication at all, all posts including the OP prove how much I wanted him to not leave, not that I need to prove myself to a muppet like yourself.

As I said yesterday, if you don't like the thread or posts, just ignore it, it's really not hard.. ****er.

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If this funds the purchase of Dias or similar, then maybe this would be ok. Generally angry though if there is no plan to significantly upgrade the squad with the money.

No point signing a defender with the strikers money we need goals and Jota is a huge threat and big player for us , regardless of the fee I wouldn't sell him.

Super Ted

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Who's going to beat Alexander-Aronld at FIFA now?

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hope we have some actual first team players lined up.

Superted

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Maybe the reason they're prepared to give us Hoever for £10M is so when they pay £30M+ for Jota they've only spent net £20M+ and only lost a player that was nowhere near the first team at the moment?

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seems highly unlikely that he'd be on the new third shirt video if so
I've always felt this a strange argument.

He's firmly in Nuno's plans.

Makes perfect sense to shoot him in the video from a marketing pov.

Liverpool make a £50M bid.

Wolves accept.

*I'm not suggesting this is happening btw.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely embarrassing. What a ****ing joke and what the **** is going on?

Also, don't for a second think we're getting around £30-40m.

These are the tightest ***** around and wouldn't pay £45-50m for Werner so they aren't paying near that for Jota.
This is my distinct fear re: the fee.

I think our valuation of Jota and Liverpool's will differ wildly. And the Mendes card will surely mean we are getting the **** end of the stick!

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe the reason they're prepared to give us Hoever for £10M is so when they pay £30M+ for Jota they've only spent net £20M+ and only lost a player that was nowhere near the first team at the moment?

Don't know the fees involved but this is clearly way past 'interest'. It's a done deal.

Miniwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Where is this 35m would be fair coming from? We just spent 35M on a kid who made 1 start in a tin pot league who last night looked like he won a competition to play professional football. Jota is a proven premier league and European goal scorer who is super young still.

Agree, 35m is really low for Jota, Vile have just spent nearly 30m on a forward from the championship.

TezzaWolf

Reaction score
Gutted if this happens

We are losing experienced players. Diogo has played a lot of games for a 23 year old.

Looks like the idea is to get 18-20 year olds who have barely played a senior game but could be superstars in the future.

We won't spend big on a Dias type we will look for the guy who could be as good as Dias in 3-4 years.

That seems to be the route for this window. We'll have to wait and see if it's going to be successful.

R

reanswolf

Actually, thinking about it, imagine him with a forward thinking midfield behind him.

He could be lethal.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
hahahaha. Diogo Jota leaves wolves as they went oh the league cup. Hilarious.
Forcing the move by sounds, guess he values winning something. Numpty, doesn't he know we can crack the 5th place trophy this year!

Andy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I started a thread to start a discussion. No minutes on Saturday, not even on the bench yesterday. This was before the rumours started.

No vindication at all, all posts including the OP prove how much I wanted him to not leave, not that I need to prove myself to a muppet like yourself.

As I said yesterday, if you don't like the thread or posts, just ignore it, it's really not hard.. ****er.
You said you had a suspicion and you weren't in the know. We really had no real reason to believe he was off last night.

We're on the same page as to not wanting him to leave.

Let's drop the personal insults though, that's more embarrassing than any of this.

Pessimistic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would be very disappointed to see Jota go, although if it is true that he is forcing a move, I'd sooner take a big fee and let him go than keep him against his will. He has definitely earned any move he wants to make - a great servant for the club.

What I am becoming slightly concerned about is our current transfer policy. We seem to be all too keen to sell proven Premier League players - and with Jota - a huge future with us - and replacing them with very, very young players.

Don't get me wrong. Silva, Vitinha and Hoever (if he comes) are very exciting, but it is asking a hell of a lot for them to hit the ground running and contribute in the same way that the players they are replacing have.

Back
Top Bottom