Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Diogo Jota

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To me this deal is probably already wrapped up unfortunately, high tier sources reporting & honestly would Liverpool & us leak it to the press if it wasn't already basically wrapped up, both deals that is, Hoever and Jota

WKFWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
i absolutely love Jota but maybe Nuno has gotten frustrated with his inconsistency. hes a world beater on his day but then missing for 5 games. the emergence of Podence and Neto softens this one for me tbh.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hope to god us paying a seemingly good price for this Ki-Jana bloke isn’t because we are going to let him go to Liverpool cheap
Huh? I hope that there's a not missing somewhere in the above, as in we aren't letting Diogo go on the cheap (if we are in fact prepared to sell at all)....

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nah, the OP was definitely more embarrassing
Well don't you look a little bit silly now. Muppet.

Back on thread, gutted if Jota leaves. I did always have concerns of one forward leaving with the signings of Silva and Vitinha.

Netherton Wolf

Reaction score
Don't do it Diogo, u don't want your son bought up to speak scouse, like Doc I'll b gutted if he goes :(

Tojo the grass

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We sold Doherty way to cheap, if this is true we need to make sure Klopp pays us over the odds for a player that we intended to keep.
We can then see if we can get that Pepe character in. I would rather we keep Diogo though.

JamesWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We sold Doherty way to cheap, if this is true we need to make sure Klopp pays us over the odds for a player that we intended to keep.
We can then see if we can get that Pepe character in. I would rather we keep Diogo though.

The Pepe deal seems to have died off, nothing about him at all other than he isnt playing at all for Gremio

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Late to the game, gutted if Diogo goes. I thought Nuno said he needed strength in depth in the squad. More like one in one out. Not a happy bunny if DJ goes. Has given me some of the most memorable moments in the last few years, Villa and United goals at Molineux. Gutted and ****ed off in equal measure. **** this right off!

UEAwolf

Reaction score
Gutted if he did go - he was poor for most of last season, but class is permanent. He typified the new Wolves under Nuno.

Tojo the grass

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Pepe deal seems to have died off, nothing about him at all other than he isnt playing at all for Gremio
There didn’t seem a lot of point in bringing him in previously, mind you he was probably one of the 99% anyway.

Cousins78

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeah anything between 25 and 30 mill or else we have been robbed again

westside wolf

Reaction score
Class player and one of my absolute favourites. Only negatives is that he never seemed able to play for 90 minutes and very prone to hot and cold periods. When he was on it though he absolutely made us a different prospect. Him being subbed was the reason Watford came back in the fa cup semi.

haveaniceday

Groupie
Reaction score
Horrible feeling about this one, going to be another mendes favour and go for 20-25m. Admittedly if I was FORCED to sell one of our forwards right now it would probably be him but begrudgingly. Feel this will be a transfer we'll go on to regret if he leaves.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
****! **** that the right off! This is complete ******! We are yet to see the best of Diogo and frankly I love him! This smacks of Mendes moving players on when he sees fit. **** off ****!
I get that feeling too. The Mendes carousel is in full flow.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jota is a strange one. Some amazing memories, absolute quality on his day, and I appreciate he has also just broken in to the Portugal squad. However, I think Podence and Neto not only have more potential, but certainly in Podences case, I reckon is significantly better already. We then have Silva too.

In saying that though, would hate to see him leave. If the fee is right though and selling him means we keep Jiminez, Traore and Neves, plus use the funds to buy a top drawer RWB, you would take that all day long.

My concern however is we sell him and this 12 year old kid is the wing back.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Horrible feeling about this one, going to be another mendes favour and go for 20-25m. Admittedly if I was FORCED to sell one of our forwards right now it would probably be him but begrudgingly. Feel this will be a transfer we'll go on to regret if he leaves.
Feel exactly the same.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’d barely get a kick at Liverpool either, surely? He’s not even a guaranteed starter for us. Don’t go Diogo, you’re better off here.

lyechris

Groupie
Reaction score
I'd be gutted, but there's no evidence that nuno isn't behind every transfer decision, signing a new deal suggests hes very much in control. if he thinks he can upgrade on jota then I'm exited!!! We know he likes the young Liverpool lad, and I wouldn't be surprised if the ox follows too. Liverpool don't have 50 million so it's not entirely unbelievable.
If nunos happy, I'm happy!

tamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To me this deal is probably already wrapped up unfortunately, high tier sources reporting & honestly would Liverpool & us leak it to the press if it wasn't already basically wrapped up, both deals that is, Hoever and Jota

Liverpool would leak it to the press if it wasn't wrapped up. They have form for doing that with numerous players to unsettle them.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
£30-40million would represent a good return for a player that badly struggles for consistency and has essentially gone missing for half a season in the last 2 years. Appreciate what he's done for us, especially in the Championship but Podence is a better option on the left wing and Neto probably is too.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Gutted if he did go - he was poor for most of last season, but class is permanent. He typified the new Wolves under Nuno.

Agree with all of that.

Had a great little spell just before lockdown but apart from that, never hit the heights of the season before.

When he is on song, however, like in the second half of that 2018/2019 season, there’s an argument that he is the best player at the club.

I guess the only comfort I can take from this is the opportunity for Neto to really become the main man in our team.

Back
Top Bottom