Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Midfielder (Vitinha) on loan later this week..

W

WasStefan

Why dont you just post the name.... you are hiding behind a random handle on a forum. Not saying you are bull****ting but it seems a little strange you won't just give the information

Y

Yout85

Why dont you just post the name.... you are hiding behind a random handle on a forum. Not saying you are bull****ting but it seems a little strange you won't just give the information

Because I've been told specifically not to say the names.

Made it clear on other posts potential reasons why I can't say, and it needs to be left at that.

I have gave lots of information.

Derbywolf85

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
EXACTLY what we need more than anything (ok also wing-back).

A player like this would simply transform us, and make the likes of Traore, Jimenez, and Jota twice as effective.

It amazes me (without intending to sound patronising) when posters say we don't need any more midfielders.

Our team needs exactly this type of player to make us complete in my opinion.

Picks it up and carries it. An athlete, who's only a kid as well.

It probably isn't him, but if it is, I'll post a topless picture on here*

*You really don't want it to be him

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Soumare looks great in the French League and exactly the type of midfielder we lack.

But then so did Bakayoko and Seri.

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Because I've been told specifically not to say the names.

Made it clear on other posts potential reasons why I can't say, and it needs to be left at that.

I have gave lots of information.
On a scale of 1 to 10 how exciting a signing are they (1 - not exciting, 10 - out of this world crazy exciting)?

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We aren't even remotely close to spending the incoming money yet, which is about £60m from Costa, Cav and Doc.

To put in to context, that £60m goes straight in on the bottom line. Any outgoings are done in an amortised way.

Silva fee - £35m, amortised over 5 years = £7m a year + his wages.

I doubt we've used £10 of the money from Costa, Cav and Doc in signing Silva.
The £60m you have quoted as incomings (which is too much for me, more likely to be £50m max) is also very likely to be staggered over 5 years.

Plastic Shrapnel

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The £60m you have quoted as incomings (which is too much for me, more likely to be £50m max) is also very likely to be staggered over 5 years.
Incomings work as if paid in full for accounting.

Certain outgoings can be amortised over a number of years, such as player transfer fees.

On top of that, the amortisation of the £7 mil for Cav with a year left, £13 mil for Costa with a year left are wiped.

So are books are also approx £4 mil better off.

Last edited:

Derbywolf85

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

That isn't how FFP works - any incomings are calculated as straight on the balance sheet. Outgoings are amortised. So currently, with our signings, in the most simplistic way it reads £60m IN - £7m out (forgive the slack on the figures). If you need this confirming, give The Football Finance Podcast a listen, Kieran Maguire explains it all :)

Cav went for £14m + £5m bonus
Costa went for £16m = £5m Bonus
Doc went for a straight £16m

So £57m in. less the money to Bohemians - £55m. I just rounded up :)

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That isn't how FFP works - any incomings are calculated as straight on the balance sheet. Outgoings are amortised. So currently, with our signings, in the most simplistic way it reads £60m IN - £7m out (forgive the slack on the figures). If you need this confirming, give The Football Finance Podcast a listen, Kieran Maguire explains it all :)

What about loan fees we charge teams. Gibbs white wouldnt be free for swansea.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

It is reported that Doc went for 13.4 mill with no add ons. Ten percent to go to Bohemiams and prob at least the same to Superagent.
When deals are done you dont get all the quoted transfer fee. When you get your wage packet there is gross earnings and net earnings so that same logic exists here.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Based on Spiers tweet the name should break over the next few hours, if the player is to sign tomorrow.

Was hoping something would've come out by now. If it doesn't I'm more inclined to believe it's a youngster.

W

WasStefan

Absolutely correct

Tojo the grass

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

So that would cover the rumoured fees for Fabio, Marcal and Esteves with a midfield loanee coming in.

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was hoping something would've come out by now. If it doesn't I'm more inclined to believe it's a youngster.

Loaning a youngster? Why would we do that? Unless you're thinking along the lines of Enzo Loiodice where we did a 'try before you buy' type deal.

bennymacca

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Thanks - enjoying your posts and for making this a transfer rumours thread not a doom and gloom thread.

I’m struggling to see us bring in 6 who will be in match day squad as who will miss out (unless sales)

Rui
Esteves Boly Coady Marcal Vinagre
Neves New CM
Traore Raul Jota

Subs Ruddy Leite Saiss Moutinho Donck Silva Neto Podence - which is 1 too many

and still Jonny and the other buy to add in. So which 3 players will miss out?

plus Burr Kilman Jordao Shabani and Campana nowhere near match day squad.

Gut feel is Leite and your 2nd player may not be coming but were part of options/back-up (note does not mean your source was wrong - they were all options).

Bear in mind Jeff didn’t rule out more departures...

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ignore this. Just watched his obligatory highlights video.

Watch this and tell me he isn't EXACTLY what we need from a midfielder.

Saw about 30s... yes! That's exactly the kind of midfielder we want. Same position but a completely different style of player to what we have

D

Deleted member 5962

Ignore this. Just watched his obligatory highlights video.

Watch this and tell me he isn't EXACTLY what we need from a midfielder.

The size of him and the way he carries himself reminds me of Boly (have a feeling getting a false sense of size with him though, I dont think hes actually that big.). Could be an immense presence in CM for us if it is him.

mr_j_007

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If we are talking about one in a generation talents the club will target, then I would like us to go for Eduardo camavigna ar rennes. To me this lad is the full deal, saw him a couple of times last season he is exceptional. He will go to a super club but if we go now we might get him in they way.

Chiggy83

Groupie
Reaction score
If we are talking about one in a generation talents the club will target, then I would like us to go for Eduardo camavigna ar rennes. To me this lad is the full deal, saw him a couple of times last season he is exceptional. He will go to a super club but if we go now we might get him in they way.

I had this thought earlier. Would need to be a loan as the cost would be £60million+
And another if we get them in now doesn’t count towards the 25 man squad and within 3 years is classed as home grown

TezzaWolf

Reaction score
I wondered if the reason it's tomorrow is because they finish on international duty tonight but had a look through the squads and couldn't see many realistic loans.

Harry Wilson maybe but would he count as a midfielder

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Also, as I've pointed out before, this is all guesswork so we shouldn't use it to hold the club to account. We don't know what the accounting is behind the scenes. There's fresh Costa and Cav money in from promotion bonuses, that much we know. But also the two deals to take them out were signed in the same summer we signed Raul permanently for 32 million, and those two sales might have already been accounted for to cover that purchase. And, yes, I'm also guessing. But that's kinda my point. We don't know the clubs budget, so I think it's dangerous to start throwing figures of what we 'know' they have, because it then calcifies into a 'fact' on here and later becomes a stick to beat the club with.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have one contact in the national media. I wouldn't dare give out more info than they'd be happy with nor would I expose my "source".

Same thing surely?

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
we thinking gueye for the loan, obviously in France fits the mould. scouted previously

Y

Yout85

I have one contact in the national media. I wouldn't dare give out more info than they'd be happy with nor would I expose my "source".

Same thing surely?

To be clear Stefan, if it was a case of just naming who was about to be coming in on loan, I would if I knew.

I do not know if the rumoured loan player is one of the two names I've been told. I was literally just given names and probable time scales, no other detail.

Back
Top Bottom