Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Daniel Podence

Direwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A victim of autocorrect I expect, but prudence/podence could give us a song for the lad - Dear Prudence/Dan Podence anyone? :)

Dear Prudence was a song written by Lennon about Mia Farrows sister Prudence I believe - But good shout for a tune.

GuzzWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
represe
Height doesnt seem to be an issue for Nuno. If you're good enough thats all that matters - he seems to like Luke Cundle who you could quite easily mistake for a ball boy!
Representative of Spanish footy.

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They’ve already got a cracking midfield with Madison, Ndidi, Tielemans and Praet with Choudhury as well.

Leave Olmo for us!
I have a look on Foxes Talk from time to time and at varying times this year they've been less than impressed with Madison, Tielemans and Praet.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dear Prudence was a song written by Lennon about Mia Farrows sister Prudence I believe - But good shout for a tune.

Completely correct. She took the whole Maharishi/spiritual thing far too seriously, and locked herself away for days at a time.
‘Sexy Sadie’ also written at a similar time, with the original title intended to be Maharishi, exposing them as a lecherous fraud.

Jefoe

Groupie
Reaction score
I have a look on Foxes Talk from time to time and at varying times this year they've been less than impressed with Madison, Tielemans and Praet.
Must be a hard to please bunch!
I'd love to be where they are in the table.
You certainly don't get there with 2/3 passengers in the team.

D

Deleted member 5910

You'll annoy people (or be called a pant wetter) who think we're the vanity project of a sheik or oligarch with this reason. FOSUN are expecting big offers for Traore in the next window and are preparing for it, Podence has little chance of starting with Jota and Traore at the club and the way Neto is improving he'll be fighting to even get a run before him. Podence is a wide attacker and nothing else, can't CM, can't WB, so spending 20M+ on this position is indeed preparing for a future without Adama.
We've played a flat three, two up front, and two up with a player floating behind- what makes you think he couldn't also operate as a secondary forward, or in the hole? Nuno is looking for different combinations in the final third to meet different challenges (the latest of which worked beautifully against Saints last week).

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We've played a flat three, two up front, and two up with a player floating behind- what makes you think he couldn't also operate as a secondary forward, or in the hole? Nuno is looking for different combinations in the final third to meet different challenges (the latest of which worked beautifully against Saints last week).

Correct. One of the Portuguese football people on twitter said he played centrally at times for Sporting.

AlexWolvesHD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Has there been anymore info come out about Podence and Oliveira signing yet, was some places saying they expected to be signed and done Monday night but been quiet since

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This forum is ridiculous at times...

No signings - Meltdown that the squad is too small

A signing - Meltdown that it means Adama is leaving

There is just no pleasing some people
You know, and I do hope I’m not teaching you to suck eggs here, but I doubt they’re the same people....

Reactions: DPE

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Has there been anymore info come out about Podence and Oliveira signing yet, was some places saying they expected to be signed and done Monday night but been quiet since
I think we'll hear something about Podence very soon, if not even tonight, especially as he's been excluded from their squad for their game so you have to assume we've agreed the fee and its just a case of dotting the i's and crossing the t's.

As Oliviera has been included in their squad for their game tonight or tomorrow, you'd have to assume we've not agreed anything with AEK yet and its not quite so close. But as we're haggling over about £1M that'll probably move sooner rather than later if he's the one we want

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hasn’t Olmo said he doesn’t want to play in the Prem? I suppose money talks.

Think it's more Bundesliga is his first choice as oppose to not wanting to come to the Prem, isn't it? If Leicester go in for him he'd surely be massively tempted, given they will probs get CL football next season. He'll probably go to RBL in the end though.

S

ShropshireLad

Think it's more Bundesliga is his first choice as oppose to not wanting to come to the Prem, isn't it? If Leicester go in for him he'd surely be massively tempted, given they will probs get CL football next season. He'll probably go to RBL in the end though.
But then we could also be in next season’s CL! :cool:

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You'll annoy people (or be called a pant wetter) who think we're the vanity project of a sheik or oligarch with this reason.

FOSUN are expecting big offers for Traore in the next window and are preparing for it, Podence has little chance of starting with Jota and Traore at the club and the way Neto is improving he'll be fighting to even get a run before him. Podence is a wide attacker and nothing else, can't CM, can't WB, so spending 20M+ on this position is indeed preparing for a future without Adama.

I agree. But future without Adama is a while away yet. If he improves at his current trajectory he can go to any club he wants, for upwards of £100m

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our shirts are gold,
Our shorts are black,
We've got Daniel in attack,
Dan Podence

OK - I'll get me coat ....

John de Wolf's hairdryer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dear Prudence was a song written by Lennon about Mia Farrow's sister Prudence I believe.

Indeed it was. They were all at a spiritual retreat together in India early in 1968. I always wondered whether the line 'Won't you open up your eyes?' was originally 'Won't you open up your thighs?' but was later sanitised for public consumption :D

D

Deleted member 4184

Please elaborate, no snark intended but I'd love to know. Is there a shelf on the field he won't be able to reach?

There are clear and obvious difficulties that a player who is 5 foot 5 will face on the pitch. Hopefully he can make up for it by being good.

D

Deleted member 4184

Johnny Hancocks was 5foot 4 ins and scored 158 goals in 343 games.
Small players have a lower centre of gravity than much taller players but don’t expect them to score with headers from corners.:cool:

Besides, consider nutmegging an opponent, he could run between his legs with the ball.

Haha!

Think the game has changed since Hancocks though, way before my time so could be wrong!

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This forum is ridiculous at times...

No signings - Meltdown that the squad is too small

A signing - Meltdown that it means Adama is leaving

There is just no pleasing some people
From the day Fosun took charge each day sees us get better.
So I really couldn’t care less who goes , ( bar Moutinho off course) it will all be part of a grand plan

D

Deleted member 4124

Wolfy McWolf-Face

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Lol. So this weekend it was "on Monday", now it's "on Friday". And on Friday it will be "on Monday" again.

Who knows but this type of push back isn't unheard of. That Nikolas Alek fella was constantly pushing back the Rui dates he'd told us (and he was proved right) until an agreement was finally found. Sometimes things just take a little longer. Like buying a house is the only way I can liken in to something most of us will have encountered. Back and forth with agents to agree a deal, getting finance in place and numerous parties with roles to play. Of course the schedule slips from time to time.

Back
Top Bottom