Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Morgan Gibbs-White - Opinions?

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's a lovely player but I fear we peaked/came into the money a couple of years too early for him.

T

themanwhobuiltthemoon

I know it's only half time and i know it's not yet the result we all want, but MGW has had a very good first half.

Am i allowed to say that? Is it too positive? Should i wait to see if he has a good second half?

Nah **** it. I'm pinning my colours to this mast. He had a good (not amazing) first half. He's 19 years old. Keep it up MGW.

Agreed. He offers something that our other midfielders don't. A run of games wouldn't hurt

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Played his socks off tonight. Think in two seasons he could a top player. Needs to get stronger and more aware of his surroundings when on the ball.

BuzzWolves

Groupie
Reaction score
Needs a run of games, really sharp tonight. Would consider Moutinho in for Dendonker at Palace but may struggle defensively at set pieces.

D

Deleted member 4124

By far our best midfielder if not player today very strange decision to take him off
Looked pretty knackered. Also meant he can take this game in his stride now and feel he had a good game despite the result. Could have been a huge difference for his confidence if he had been taken off after we conceded for example.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A big positive. He is the one central player we had on the pitch that was willing to commit players and show some energy. We missed that until Jota came on.

I would like to see a midfield of Moutinho, Dendoncker and Gibbs White. Neves is not effective for us at the moment in my opinion.

D

Deleted member 4184

He needs a loan to a league one or championship team.

I'd start Saiss over Neves as well on Saturday, Ruben has been poor all season.

DarloWolf

Reaction score
No chance.

He ran around a lot yes, looked better than he has done yes. But the opposition isnt prem standard. There were still many wayward passes and heavy touches. I think he needs a season in the championship playing regularly.

look at all hes age group

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
No chance.

He ran around a lot yes, looked better than he has done yes. But the opposition isnt prem standard. There were still many wayward passes and heavy touches. I think he needs a season in the championship playing regularly.
Who was then? Easy to rubbish someone else’s idea and not offer your own.

Tezthewolvesfan

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No chance.

Disagree, I thought he was our best midfielder tonight.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Too slow and ponderous a lot of the time when he gets the ball unless it’s an instinctive first touch or flick.

At this level he just won’t get the time he appears to think he has and ends up being crowded out.

As the game went on his off the ball work improved and i’d say it was one of his better games from that point of view but with the ball he has to become far more aware and appreciative of what’s going on around him.

I really do think a run of games in the championship where his ability would buy him a bit more time whilst he try’s to improve that aspect.

If he’s to make the most of his ability he’s really going to need to improve this as he doesn’t quite have that yard of pace to fully get away from defenders.

Btw Jonny must be feeling very frustrated.

D

Deleted member 4124

Offered my opinion on "x" on a thread about "x". I'll probably post the rest on the verdict thread.

But just for you, Jonny or Boly.
I could have sworn this was frowned upon just a few days ago.

CrazyCrane

Groupie
Reaction score
I don't think he did much if note again tonight. Looked lively yeah, but didn't get us anywhere, didn't make anything of his key moments.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think he did much if note again tonight. Looked lively yeah, but didn't get us anywhere, didn't make anything of his key moments.

And yet another young player, who has been at our club for 5 minutes (not since he was 8 years old) also spurned his key chances, yet gets his own (terrible) song blasted out every game, having not done anything to earn it.

Go figure!

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He was bright and lively but i never felt his work would lead to anything of note.
He's one of very few players thats got license to go forward and make something happen which is tough but so important, unfortunately he just doesn't offer enough at this stage

Jamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s definitely getting more physical presence. Stick with him.

Monketron

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not ready

But he'll never be if we don't play him. Even world class players like Kane/Bale took time to get up to speed at Spurs. Everyone who sees him says he's got a bright future. He managed to force himself into the best U17 team England has probably ever produced. He just needs to bulk up a bit and work on his end product and not panic so much. Understandable for a 19 year old though, he should play in every Euro game for me.

Back
Top Bottom