Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Leicester predictions

JuliusCaesar

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Do people know how I managed to beat Pompey Magnus at the battle of Pharsalus, actually how I routed him and destroyed his whole army?

The scene: Pompey has an army of 42,000. My legions on that day, around 21k amassed on that field in Greece.

Pompey's strategy was to rely on the fact that we'd tire quickly and be overcome by their superior numbers. That. Did. Not. Happen.

Outnumbered 2:1, the Caesarian legions destroyed Pompey's armies BECAUSE we were so battle hardened and his were not. Not tired. Battle hardened. Ready, willing, able, sharp.

Leicester have had run outs against S****horpe, Cheltenham, Cambridge, Stoke and Rotherham.

We're not tired. We're battle hardened. Ready. Sharp.

Leicester 0 - 2 Wolves. Jiminez x 2, assists from Marc Anthony on the eastern flank.

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Score draw. But a chance of a later winner for either team. I'm gonna be optimistic and say 2-1 us with Cutrone to get a last minute winner off the bench.

I think we have enough quality to beat them but keeping my expectations in check!

Southdownswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A good pre-season, from China to Armenia, via N.Ireland. A nice flight back home last night, wired up to all the lastest gadgetry to ease any problems with the flying. No nagging from the Mrs' and no nappies to change, they'll be more chilled than if they were at home.

1-2 to the Wolves. Jota to twist and turn their defence and score, followed by Jota again twisting and turning then laying it on a plate for Jimenez to tap in.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A draw or 7-0 to the lovely ones .

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think this may be a 2 or 3 nil loss. Tired legs and minds after yesterday's exertions and 6,000 miles of travel.

Pessimistic Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very tight game with fairly evenly matched teams. Whilst Wolves have played slightly more competitive football, I wouldn't say that it has been against significantly better sides than Leicester. We've played Newcastle, City, Crusaders x2 & Pyunik - Leicester have played Championship & League 1 sides. It probably evens out. Only real difference for pre-season is that we've just traveled 6000 miles, so I don't think we'll be any more match-fit than them.

I'll go with a score draw. Belter from Maddison & a classic turn & shoot from Jimenez.

SquaddieWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Leicester will score early try defend for whole game. Just before 90 mins Doherty to equalize on the 97th minute (When only 5 minutes added) Cutrone to score and become instant WWFC hero.

Wswolf

Reaction score
4-0 and jimenez and neves both getting long term injuries. Showing up how poor a window we have had.

dmcmaho3

Reaction score
2 -1 Jota to score a brace. I have opted for Jota in my dream team this year over Jiminez as I've got a feeling he's gnna score a bucket load this season

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They have absolutely nothing in central defence but have some great attacking players. Im going 2-1 wolves

Puregold

Reaction score
2-1 Wolves - Jota and Moutinho - Nuno, we move onto the next game.

D

Deleted member 5910

Tough one to predict. We're well ahead of them in match sharpness, but have had a tough round trip. They've lost the heartbeat of their defence but have a strong midfield (though I wouldn't say necessarily better than ours). Think I'm tempted to go 1-1 on this with the fence right up my backside. If we resoundingly win, I expect Rodgers to say, "I couldn't have asked for more from the lads" and for Nuno to say, "We must stay 'umble. Pyunik. Pyunik."

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolves (H) Pre match thread

mixed bag of predictions as on here.

This was interesting:
What’s wrong with people? There team is basically the same as last year and we beat them 2-0 at home. No way would I be happy with a draw at home. Nice 4-2 win for me

The poster is correct, of course, and there may be a general opinion that we have not actually improved because of it. But the team that played them last year will hopefully be a lot better this year.

However, although we were very good Thursday, Leicester will be out of the traps and I think we will struggle early on in particular. We'll be stretched a lot more and given our 6000 round trip I can't see us getting anything from this game.

Last edited:

Kingswood Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Leicester have lost Maguire, Rogers teams can't defend, we can defend = Wolves win, 2-1

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do people know how I managed to beat Pompey Magnus at the battle of Pharsalus, actually how I routed him and destroyed his whole army?

The scene: Pompey has an army of 42,000. My legions on that day, around 21k amassed on that field in Greece.

Pompey's strategy was to rely on the fact that we'd tire quickly and be overcome by their superior numbers. That. Did. Not. Happen.

Outnumbered 2:1, the Caesarian legions destroyed Pompey's armies BECAUSE we were so battle hardened and his were not. Not tired. Battle hardened. Ready, willing, able, sharp.

Leicester have had run outs against S****horpe, Cheltenham, Cambridge, Stoke and Rotherham.

Leicester 0 - 2 Wolves. Jiminez x 2, assists from Marc Anthony on the eastern flank.

How the long summer days must have flown by! :D

PulverWolf

Reaction score
Last year we went Leicester as newbies - played them off the park and lost 2-0 - This year - Wolves will win comfortably - go 1 up and defend comfortably for the rest of the match . First 20 mins Leicester will boss but not get a sniff on goal , last 15 we will be on par and score - second half were on easy street . 0-1 to the good guys

binners

Reaction score
I think people are overplaying the travelling. They weren't on EasyJet with 20" of leg room. They'll have been well looked after and the competitive 'pre-season' where we've swept all before us should make us ready to go. Plus we're better than them anyway, so I'll go
Leicester 1 Wolves 2 Jota, Neves
With you on this. I’m sure Nuno said in an interview that they had everything they need on the plane for rest etc even including the right food.

D

Deleted member 5910

This was interesting:
What’s wrong with people? There team is basically the same as last year and we beat them 2-0 at home. No way would I be happy with a draw at home. Nice 4-2 win for me.
You've got to love the naive optimism of Football fans, ain't ya? We haven't conceded four goals in any game under Nuno, and only conceded 3 in four league games last season, but Leicester are gonna stick 4 down our throats, are they?

Wulve5

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
1-0 Leicester after our long trip.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You've got to love the naive optimism of Football fans, ain't ya? We haven't conceded four goals in any game under Nuno, and only conceded 3 in four league games last season, but Leicester are gonna stick 4 down our throats, are they?

I doubt they'll bang in 4 unless we they are all half asleep and we have a red card or two.

K

KFord Original

Strengthened from last year, full squad to pick from, Jimmy & Diogo looking sharp but they will get chances.
Wolves win 4-2

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This was interesting:
What’s wrong with people? There team is basically the same as last year and we beat them 2-0 at home. No way would I be happy with a draw at home. Nice 4-2 win for me

And yet their team that started their last pre-season game a week ago contained 10 players they had last season. Only changes were Maguire not being in it (Soyuncu came in at CB) and Perez starting.

Take away Maguire, add Perez, and they are all of a sudden better than our team of last season?

Brixton Wanderer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
1-0 Wolves. Diogo 2nd half.

We’re in form, match fit and match sharp, and this time the occasion won’t get to us.

D

Deleted member 5910

And yet their team that started their last pre-season game a week ago contained 10 players they had last season. Only changes were Maguire not being in it (Soyuncu came in at CB) and Perez starting.

Take away Maguire, add Perez, and they are all of a sudden better than our team of last season?
Interesting that there are Leicester fans on their forum saying their defence is now stronger for having lost £80m England centre half Maguire! Delusion masking a sense of dread, it seems. Jonny Evans and old man Wes Morgan at the heart of a Brendan Rodgers defence...

Thank you Sir Jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

IIRC the Romans used to bugger their defeated enemies in order to humiliate them. It would make for some interesting post-match entertainment.

Thank you Sir Jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We will score 3. This is the number of blooms on my Molineux rose. I'm afraid that I can't predict the Leicester score using this approach, but half a loaf is better than none.

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't rate Maguire as a big loss for them, over-rated, over-priced and over-paid. Still going for 0-0.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

What a post. POTY contender

Back
Top Bottom