Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Balls Up In The South Bank

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
Managed to screw up my 39 year wait.

Missing rows, people in our seats, threats of ejection, banshee female stewards. What a **** up.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Please explain more so I can get a neutral opinion
They’ve screwed up the labelling of rows so effectively two rows were missing.

Unbelievable that from a H&S POV they hadn’t even checked the seats prior to the first game which would have quite quickly spotted the error. In effect the club breached their H&S license tonight which wasn’t a big enough deal for the head of H&S to sort out, even though really it could cost the club their license!

Ironic seeing as when I was a rep the same person told me how important such matters were when I argued for safe standing.

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They’ve screwed up the labelling of rows so effectively two rows were missing.

Unbelievable that from a H&S POV they hadn’t even checked the seats prior to the first game which would have quite quickly spotted the error. In effect the club breached their H&S license tonight which wasn’t a big enough deal for the head of H&S to sort out, even though really it could cost the club their license!

Ironic seeing as when I was a rep the same person told me how important such matters were when I argued for safe standing.
That's a serious matter in HSE circles.

Reaction score
Please explain more so I can get a neutral opinion
Got there just before kick off our seats are row Y SL1. They were all occupied by everyone from row X.

Stewards said they move em and took us into the row but their seats in row X were occupied by people from Row W and so on.

Stewards basically left two rows of people in Row Y. After a couple of mins some of us climbed over onto the newly built platform behind us stewards seemed fine and left us alone. We caused no harm and were no obstruction to those behind us.

Then someone got jobsworth and sent his biggest guy in telling us to move or we’d be thrown out.

We refused and it all got a little heated topped off by some female steward, I think it was female, screeching like a banshee at us.

Resolution for tonight, we went back to an overpopulated Row Y rather than stay on the platform where there was no risk whatsoever. Hidden away out of view top trumped our health and safety.

Better be sorted for the next game.

TezzaWolf

Reaction score
Even worse at the back of S1. Must have been 50 people in the isle.

People have had the same seats for years and went to those even though the stewards were saying all the row letters have gone back 2 rows????? They then had no answer when asked where the people who were supposed to sit on the back 2 rows were meant to go.

As the OP stated totally ruined the occasion.

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ok i was in the BQ but anyway i booked a train from brum. 3.5 hours later i got to the mol. No water in the kiosks just five bottles of seven up. After the match. No trains so a bus to dudley and a taxi to brum. Awful evening and a poorish game

Wswolf

Reaction score
Its another example of standards slipping at the club. Shambolic.

Taffywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone know why the stan cullis didn't open the turnstiles until less than an hour before ko

YamYamWolf

Reaction score
That woman steward really is the worst. She appears to have had a promotion from the temp stand where she would stalk out fans. Sat in s1 today and saw the commotion. Shocking really.

D

Deleted member 4456

Why have they put that horrendous metal platform in at the bottom of S1? The disabled area there was never used anyway. There's no ramp up to it so you can't get on there with a wheelchair, and there's a huge gap for rubbish to accumulate under it and create a fire hazard.

D

Deleted member 4453

Got there just before kick off our seats are row Y SL1. They were all occupied by everyone from row X.

Stewards said they move em and took us into the row but their seats in row X were occupied by people from Row W and so on.

Stewards basically left two rows of people in Row Y. After a couple of mins some of us climbed over onto the newly built platform behind us stewards seemed fine and left us alone. We caused no harm and were no obstruction to those behind us.

Then someone got jobsworth and sent his biggest guy in telling us to move or we’d be thrown out.

We refused and it all got a little heated topped off by some female steward, I think it was female, screeching like a banshee at us.

Resolution for tonight, we went back to an overpopulated Row Y rather than stay on the platform where there was no risk whatsoever. Hidden away out of view top trumped our health and safety.

Better be sorted for the next game.

Whole thing is a job half finished so not surprised at all.
None of the stewards looked familiar to me tonight, might've had a change around.

TeddyWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think the club may have come under pressure because the South Bank doesn't have adequate wheelchair spaces. I was wondering if they were going to extend the platform forward to give better views, but it seems they've raised it.
Are they expecting the wheelchairs to do a bunny hop onto it?

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Won’t be long until someone cracks their head on one of those metal poles and dies .

Nothing safe about it

Reaction score
I think the club may have come under pressure because the South Bank doesn't have adequate wheelchair spaces. I was wondering if they were going to extend the platform forward to give better views, but it seems they've raised it.
It’s not extended just raised. Ironically it is built for wheelchair use but not safe enough for the able bodied.

bilstonwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Won’t be long until someone cracks their head on one of those metal poles and dies .

Nothing safe about it
Exactly I’d much prefer to stand in a seated area or better still an actual terrace.

NorthWestWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I saw a few stood on the raised bit as I walked back out. Heard the woman in question sneer "urg what are they doing some stupid protest or sumink"

Mighty Thor

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think he has a point.

I don’t. Do you remember going to the grand opening of the “new” mol where the new tv screens and floodlights did not work vs honved? Did anyone moan?

If going to wolves and following this grand old club is so arduous and painful for some why don’t they go do something else with their free time? A me, me, me, now, now,now generation of entitles spoilt ******s need to grow a pair of ****ing balls and realise the world won’t always be perfect for them every single day of their lives. **** happens. But hey at least you are not living in a mud hut, starving and surrounded by disease in a far off country with no democracy, no future, no voice. Our only problem is that they ran out of ****ing choc bars and the new cashless system had some teething problems. Cos that’s what’s letting us down....ignore the fact we are watching the best wolves team in most people’s life time. One that is in Europe. Is getting national and international and coverage. Is being invested in top to bottom. No.... another example of our standards slipping is that we had some teething problems when the club tried to reward the south bank with safe standing.

W

WasStefan

I don’t. Do you remember going to the grand opening of the “new” mol where the new tv screens and floodlights did not work vs honved? Did anyone moan?

If going to wolves and following this grand old club is so arduous and painful for some why don’t they go do something else with their free time? A me, me, me, now, now,now generation of entitles spoilt ******s need to grow a pair of ****ing balls and realise the world won’t always be perfect for them every single day of their lives. **** happens. But hey at least you are not living in a mud hut, starving and surrounded by disease in a far off country with no democracy, no future, no voice. Our only problem is that they ran out of ****ing choc bars and the new cashless system had some teething problems. Cos that’s what’s letting us down....ignore the fact we are watching the best wolves team in most people’s life time. One that is in Europe. Is getting national and international and coverage. Is being invested in top to bottom. No.... another example of our standards slipping is that we had some teething problems when the club tried to reward the south bank with safe standing.
If you are being charged £6 for a wrap and £4.50 for a warm bottle or rubbish beer i think it's perfectly reasonable for staff to be treated well and trained before being thrusted into work and for you to be served quickly.

For many of the staff this will be their first job on ~£5.00 per hour. Not a great start to working life.

I also think it's perfectly reasonable to pay for a ticket, turn up to the game, and have a seat allocated to you. If you disagree then wow.

YamYamWolf

Reaction score

Fair enough about the food but "teething" problems with safe standing ended in people getting kicked out, having to double up in rows and showing the stewards up for what they really are.

The seating issue wasnt a teething problem, it was a bit of a ****ing disaster

jackdusty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm in SL2 row Y and it was a shambles last night,had the same seat for years but the steward said I was "up there now", but I confused him by saying why doesn't my ticket say S2 then.He then went and got a felt tip pen and wrote the new row numbers on the end of the aisles.Where did those lads that went on the platform go to in the end ?

D

Deleted member 4453

Reading these stories I think the club should address it with some kind of statement. Refunds for all as well IMO.

BrierleyHillWolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
My biggest problem of the nite was on the back row it was like being in a green house with the central heating on max, The sweat was dripping .

So I went downstairs and had a beer to cool off and watched some of the game on the new Tele.

Well it was hot and the beer turned into several beers

And that was the perfect excuse to the wife why I came home so drunk

W

wolvesultra

Gotta laugh at all those who on the refurb thread mocked us for daring to question that this whole rail seats installation wasn’t going to plan

Yamalroite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I get your point but on the other hand as prices go up people expect the standards to. Club treat us like customers so many will act like customers.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Where did those lads that went on the platform go to in the end ?
In the end we just had to squeeze into our usual seats along with the people already in there, luckily we know them, and a couple of the others were just standing on the stairs at the end of the row.

We were asked to come down and they’d find us seats, we asked them to find us seats then we’d move.

In the end they threatened us and the police came out so we got down, then we were just pretty much left to it.

The best bit was, we were aware of a potential issue about 45mins before kick off, as someone send my mate a pic saying we’d been move up as they were now the back row. So it’d be interesting to know how the stadium manager wasn’t aware of an issue at that stage when it could have been easily dealt with.

Last edited:

Reaction score
I'm in SL2 row Y and it was a shambles last night,had the same seat for years but the steward said I was "up there now", but I confused him by saying why doesn't my ticket say S2 then.He then went and got a felt tip pen and wrote the new row numbers on the end of the aisles.Where did those lads that went on the platform go to in the end ?
We ended up back in “our” seats doubled up. Luckily the lads around us are all mates so there was no problems but if they hadn’t been could have gotten a bit fractious.

The best thing about it was the reaction of everyone who were in the wrong seats, bit of banter, bit of mucking in.

The steward who was the Stand Manager was a decent bloke and helped keep the situation calm and promised that we wouldn’t be thrown out. It was the word from above that was out of order.

Reaction score

If any of that rhetoric is pointing our way I suggest you go and do one. It was a shambolic situation and we came up with a perfectly safe and reasonable solution only to have some jobsworth compound the problem and make things worse.

But hey I guess you watched the game sitting comfortably in your little seat worrying about third world poverty.

Last edited:

Reaction score
By putting the platform in they have pushed more traffic into the narrow internal corridor behind. If someone in a wheelchair wanted to watch from the platform they wouldn’t be able to get in or out so it’s pretty useless and a quite a risk.

Back
Top Bottom