Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Weirdest Place You've Bumped Into a Wolves Fan

• Thread starter Deleted member 3751
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 3751

Got this idea off the 30k attendance thread. So where's the 'strangest' places you've bumped into Wolves fans?

I had a proper example of a 'small world' on holiday when I bumped into a Wolves fan who I beat in a golf competition the week before but the strangest place was at the Belgian Grand Prix.

Sat on a hill on the Saturday with my dad, three lads sit behind us and start talking. They'd obviously met a few people on their trip over, one was talking about the fact he'd got a new business contact from his journey and then said to one of the others "What I don't understand is how you always meet Wolves fans!". His mate laughed and said "We're everywhere". Well I had my wallet and my wallet had my old Wolves membership card in it so got it out, turned around and said "You mean like this??". The Wolves fan started laughing and his mates couldn't believe it!

So we are EVERYWHERE!

Where's the strangest place you've met another Wolf?

thetwistedsock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The top of Table Mountain. Couple of lads asked us to take a photo of them with a Wolves flag, we said OK great if you could take a photo of us with it afterwards. Have bumped into one of them a few times since, top bloke. This was on the day of the damn-awful 0-0 draw with Algeria in 2010.

D

Deleted at request of member 4337

Got this idea off the 30k attendance thread. So where's the 'strangest' places you've bumped into Wolves fans?

I had a proper example of a 'small world' on holiday when I bumped into a Wolves fan who I beat in a golf competition the week before but the strangest place was at the Belgian Grand Prix.

Sat on a hill on the Saturday with my dad, three lads sit behind us and start talking. They'd obviously met a few people on their trip over, one was talking about the fact he'd got a new business contact from his journey and then said to one of the others "What I don't understand is how you always meet Wolves fans!". His mate laughed and said "We're everywhere". Well I had my wallet and my wallet had my old Wolves membership card in it so got it out, turned around and said "You mean like this??". The Wolves fan started laughing and his mates couldn't believe it!

So we are EVERYWHERE!

I went to Belgian GP in 2011 and saw a couple of wolves fans with wolves tops on

S

ShropshireLad

So we are EVERYWHERE!

A good thread idea imo, matey.

The wife and myself were standing in a queue to use the funicular railway in Budapest to go to the top of the hill to visit the castle when I told her that the chap nearby giving out posters (or fly-sheets) was from Wolverhampton. She told me not to say anything to him as she gets embarrassed when I strike up conversations with total strangers out of the blue. Anyhow, as usual, I took no notice of her and as we approached him I asked if he was a Wolves fan as a way of showing off that I knew where he was from. :)

Funicular in Buda Castle District - Buda Castle

Apparently, he comes on the Mix from time to time so "Hello" if you're reading this. :cool: And have you bought your house there yet...and do you still run your bus tour trips? :D

Deak77

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sat outside some Irish bar on Fremont Street, Las Vegas.

S

ShropshireLad

On a beach near Ancona on the eastern leg of Italy, a guy (presumably from Senegal) was selling beach items wearing a Henri Camara shirt. I didn't get chatting to him as I didn't want to buy anything from him and I knew if I said anything he'd talk me into submission! :oops:

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolverhampton! Well you did say weirdest place! Seriously, my physio in Dubai was a Wolves fan.

5 - Lescott

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not exactly ‘weird’ but I watched the Albion play off semi finals at The Cricketers Arms on International Drive in Orlando got their for 6am I think it was, only me and the mrs their until 2 mins before kick off when a group of 10 of the most obnoxious Albion fans showed up. Great!

Anyway second leg and their were 20 or so Wolves fans mainly living in Florida...not that it helped our cause.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Did you meet the Big Bad Wolf?
Nope... but had some damn good Austrian wine... Across about 10 years going there (ie Vienna) regularly for work l found about 30 microbreweries too...

Last edited:

Hsvwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
FC St Pauli Fan Club bar .......Introduced himself as I was wearing a Wolves scarf...." Hi I am also a fan of the Volves , my father was from Vorcester".....he then led a chorus of " Ooh Bully Bully" with his German St Pauli mates .....Bizarre

Ginger Chimp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Aug 1999. Disney Store, Times Sq, New York. Saw a chap in a Wolves hat, went over and asked if he’d heard the score (we had played Walsall). He said he hadn’t so I shared the joyous news that they’d beaten us.

We both did the eyebrow raising thing and moved on.

Cuban Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Outside the British Embassy in Havana, Cuba.
I was with my Cuban wife, and she was listening to a couple requesting documentation within the embassy, she, my partner asked if the people were speaking English. (cheeky bitch ;-), I was not paying much attention, but it was when I went outside, there were a group of people in Wolves shirts, waiting for their friends still inside,

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Last year while at the in-laws in Virginia I was being driven through a small town and as we passed a garbage truck the driver was just getting in wearing a Wolves Chaucer shirt - how weird I thought.

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
October last year. Had a 5 night trip to New York with the missus. Our flight back from jfk we were passing the time having a beer etc a few hours before take off at jfk. I had wolves top on, a youngish couple just walked past and he said up the wolves. . I said alright mate he smiled and that was it lol

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Barcelona a few months back, me and the other half spent ****ing ages walking up this hill to get somewhere she assured me would be worth the view at the end. Turns out it was an excellent spot and also saw a bloke in our away top milling around while we were all watching some blokes play Spanish tunes on acoustic guitars.

topcat99

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
October last year. Had a 5 night trip to New York with the missus. Our flight back from jfk we were passing the time having a beer etc a few hours before take off at jfk. I had wolves top on, a youngish couple just walked past and he said up the wolves. . I said alright mate he smiled and that was it lol

If you flew Virgin, I know at least 4 pilots who are Wolves.

Your captain may have been one of them!

Strats

Reaction score
Oban, Scotland. I was in a pub with the family whilst on holiday at the time of the Sheff Utd play off final, watching the game on the big screen. MK scores the first goal and up in the air I go ... so do three lads on the next table ... "are you Wolves fans?" I ask ... their reply ... "we certainly are today, we're Sheff Wed normally" :rolleyes:

O

Olly the cat

So we are EVERYWHERE!

I was in a bar in Phoenix, Arizona, and a stranger overheard my accent. He came over and said " Where yo from, marmate ? " He was a Wolves fan living in Walsall, who had only popped into the bar to ask for directions. Small world.

S G Wolves

Bad lover
Reaction score
Was around 2011 in Central London Sports Bar (forget the name) there was a beautiful lady fully engrossed with a Wolves match. Her partner did not seem a football fan. I was with my ex girlfriend (not a Wolves fan) at the time but still regret not talking to the lady.

Also on holiday in Egypt 2013 ish..

Thank you Sir Jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In Nice. Had a quick chat, lovely fella.
Less exotic, but a Wolves fan owns a jewellers in Keswick (Shepherds). Went in to buy an eternity ring for my beloved and the chaps accent was a bit of a giveaway.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Went on a cruise last summer for my 50th. On a day trip we were being told by the guide that to be considered as a new buyer wanting to own a property in Monte Carlo, you needed to show you had 5million euros (I think) in the bank. First thing we see as we are entering Monte Carlo is a bloke walking his dog wearing a Wolves away shirt.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The wife got talking to a family of Wolves fans at Universal Studio's in Orlando last year. They were slightly confused when she explained she was a Wolves fan from Brazil

O

Olly the cat

If you flew Virgin, I know at least 4 pilots who are Wolves.

Your captain may have been one of them!
Back in 1991, I was flying home from San Francisco. Back then you could ask a flight attendant for a visit to the flight deck. Shortly after our request was granted. An amazing sight seeing the view from the flightdeck of a 747. The first officer was a young woman from Dudley, and a Wolves fan. Back then she was one of the very few female British Airways pilots. It was an incredible experience. Sadly, never to be repeated.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I once had a work meeting with a bloke there from Sheffield and another from Liverpool. After the meeting we chatted a bit about football and it randomly turned out we were all Wolves fans. Both of their dads were originally from the West Mids.

Justawolf

Reaction score
Not very exotic but I was at a bar in London in the 80's and over all the ****ney voices I heard a black country voice ordering a lager. Felt great to hear! Got talking to him and he was a wolves fan too. Had a good few drinks that night!

Derby Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lake Louise, Canada.

Population of barely 1000. We were both wearing the same home top. Passed each other and took a second for either of us to compute, then we both turned around and realised. I was a duty manager at the Royal London at the time and he recognised me from coming in before home games.

Back
Top Bottom