Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Emiliano Sala

D

Deleted member 5962

Can't we just name and shame the "offenders"? That would see some semblance of justice. As pointed out no law has been broken, so let's just get a look at the ********* who have done nothing wrong. Let's get them recognised on the streets of Britain so when we see them we can tell them what we think of them.

That would be what is called "doxxing" and can be illegal depending on circumstances.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That would be what is called "doxxing" and can be illegal depending on circumstances.
But they've done nothing wrong. What could possibly be illegal about naming people that haven't broken the law?

So it's not naming and shaming, it's referring a model citizen. "Bob of Shirley high street and Brian of Mount Pleasant street have been declared model citizens for having not broken the law at St Mary's stadium this week"

I don't see the problem.

D

Deleted member 5962

But they've done nothing wrong. What could possibly be illegal about naming people that haven't broken the law?

So it's not naming and shaming, it's referring a model citizen. "Bob of Shirley high street and Brian of Mount Pleasant street have been declared model citizens for having not broken the law at St Mary's stadium this week"

I don't see the problem.

Its releasing someones private information to the public. In a lot of cases it's illegal.

If such information is available in the public domain it's not technically illegal though.

Still think this is all a bit much over some guys being assholes. The club does have the right to ban them, even if I think it's a bit heavy handed. It should be left at that IMO.

My objection earlier in the thread was in regards to government (or police) involvement.

ShifnalWolf

Graphmaster General
Reaction score
Not sure if it has been mentioned on here - but what a young chap Kylian Mbappe is - donating €30,000 last week for Sala's search and then an additional €30,000 over the weekend for the pilot's search.

Okay - i know its only 20% of his weekly €300,000 wage - but fair play to him. The incident must have touched him to donate such amounts.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cardiff City manager Neil Warnock calls off club's Tenerife trip

Neil Warnock has abandoned plans to take his Cardiff City squad for a four-day break to Tenerife.

Cardiff do not play again until they host Watford until 22 February.

But Warnock believes his players will benefit from time with their families following the death of the club's record signing Emiliano Sala.

"After what's happened, I'd rather cuddle my kids and see my missus because it's been a long two weeks," he said.

I can't stand the bloke, but credit where credit's due, he has handled this situation really well over the last few weeks.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree with the two posters above. Mr. Warnock really has been a credit to his club, his family and the wider football world following such a terrible tragedy.

I also hope that Cardiff City stay up.

freezin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s a sensitive and emotive issue. There’s free speech and there’s abusing it. Of course you can have free speech but equally you can’t go round doing/saying what you like, especially if that is likely to offend or upset people.

To be fair everyone is entitled to say what they think, or believe as long as it is in the laws of the land.

The laws don't necessarily need reflect morality but then there are shades of acceptability based on an objective perception..

S

ShropshireLad

I agree with the two posters above. Mr. Warnock really has been a credit to his club, his family and the wider football world following such a terrible tragedy.

I also hope that Cardiff City stay up.
He has. However, I wonder if the Cardiff management have been likewise.

P

paddy

Sala contract had a signature missing.
Not registered
Cardiff transfer not completed fully
Nantes payments in dispute

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The plane didn’t go down because the transfer wasn’t formally done ffs.

Making a story out of nothing

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It may be because I've had a long day at work, but any ideas what this means...

"I don't care to tell the truth - I really don't care because what we've been through is total hell," Willie McKay said.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For everyone's sake I hope they can agree a compromise deal with Cardiff paying Nantes say, half the agreed money. Its a unique, tragic situation and it would be terrible if it turned into a prolonged war between the two clubs.

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For everyone's sake I hope they can agree a compromise deal with Cardiff paying Nantes say, half the agreed money. Its a unique, tragic situation and it would be terrible if it turned into a prolonged war between the two clubs.
I would have thought Cardiff pay them full and then claim on some kind of insurance. But maybe they didn't get their paperwork sorted and that's why stalling, or the insurance only pays in certain scenarios

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Not being funny but what would have happened if Cardiff signed Sala then in his first day of training he suffered a career stopping injury? They’d still have to pay the fee surely, so even though the circumstance is more tragic surely it’s the same here?

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On what basis should Cardiff not pay the full amount, the transfer was completed was it not?
There seem to be some doubts about that. A bit of compassion all round needed imv but yes strictly speaking Cardiff may have to just cough up once matters around the flight, contract etc are clarified.

D

Deleted member 3518

Not being funny but what would have happened if Cardiff signed Sala then in his first day of training he suffered a career stopping injury? They’d still have to pay the fee surely, so even though the circumstance is more tragic surely it’s the same here?

Too right can think of many players we should demand a refund on.

xbomber

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Too right can think of many players we should demand a refund on.
Kalac. Blob Taylor. Hassan Kachloul. Ketsbaia, luzhny, corica, Al jaber, Daley for a starter.

Few million there.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would have thought Cardiff pay them full and then claim on some kind of insurance. But maybe they didn't get their paperwork sorted and that's why stalling, or the insurance only pays in certain scenarios

I'm sure I've read that the pilot was not qualified to carry passengers.If that's the case surely the insurance company won't pay out.Would they ?

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm sure I've read that the pilot was not qualified to carry passengers.If that's the case surely the insurance company won't pay out.Would they ?
Doubt it, even with my life insurance, i had to state i do not fly unless commercial airline.

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's probably why Cardiff are dragging their feet.

ombyman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It may be because I've had a long day at work, but any ideas what this means...

"I don't care to tell the truth - I really don't care because what we've been through is total hell," Willie McKay said.

I still cant get this quote

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
There was that Martin Samuel article which kinda hinted at this, he said “Cardiff have a £15m bill for a dead striker”. When you put it like that it’s not a surprise it’s all got a bit muddy

W

WasStefan

That's got nothing to do with Nantes. They should pay up and not Welsh on the deal!
But if 1) Sala didn't actually sign and 2) insurance is null and void due to pilot not having the correct license, surely the person who arranged the flight (McKay) is about to be sued to his eyeballs?

It's sad that Sala is dead but it's a lot of money & isn't as straight fwd as you think. Nantes owner isn't innocent in this considering the circumstances under which the player was sold.

It's a very sad and difficult situation. Surely a compromise with the value going towards finding the pilot and or charity is preferable but i doubt it'll happen.

D

Deleted member 5276

Cardiff are being totally classless and clueless. It speaks volumes for their ownership how they are dealing with this. I hope for Nantes sake that we smash them on Saturday. Assisting their return to the Championship would bring great pleasure. Let's hope the real Wolves team turns up to make it so.

Wandsworth Wolf

Reaction score
Why oh why oh why would you let a new £15m ‘asset’ arrange his own travel? I’d love to know if this is common practice? Perhaps it is. I just always presumed clubs with that kind of spending power would have liaison officers who would insist on making such arrangements - particularly ones who are arriving from a foreign country (which is a pretty common occurrence for most clubs).

No one could have predicted the awful, dreadful events but a bit more common sense could have prevailed. To me the whole thing stinks; McKay’s role as a broker, his son the agent, his other son the Cardiff player and the club’s seemingly laise a faire attitude to duty of care. It’s now descended into an very undignified, very public, face-saving exercise and the only loser is poor Sala and the pilot. It’s all so desperately tragic.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
christchurch angling club
But if 1) Sala didn't actually sign and 2) insurance is null and void due to pilot not having the correct license, surely the person who arranged the flight (McKay) is about to be sued to his eyeballs?

It's sad that Sala is dead but it's a lot of money & isn't as straight fwd as you think. Nantes owner isn't innocent in this considering the circumstances under which the player was sold.

It's a very sad and difficult situation. Surely a compromise with the value going towards finding the pilot and or charity is preferable but i doubt it'll happen.

Nothing would make me happier than for Cardiff to sue McKay but that's a side issue. Cardiff signed him and have to pay Nantes.

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
Way too much hot air is being cluelessly spouted over this.

We like to be believe that all events and eventualities can be controlled and responsibility taken for - it simply isn't so.

The fact is that irrespective of the reason for him taking this plane journey the cause of the fateful crash is likely to be pilot error or mechanical/system failure....if the weather situation didn't impact on it all too.

Nobody could predict this outcome, real sad **** happens all the time.

It was just meant to be.

topcat99

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just a clarification

The pilot was licenced to carry a passenger. Just not for commercial gain.

He also clearly had an instrument rating as he flew an ILS approach the previous day (and commented on it on media) and was cleared into controlled airspace at one point.

Makes no difference on subject of the fee though. I just find it incredible that a 15 million record signing was transported in a single engine aircraft over the sea, at night, in winter.

Last edited:

mcwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
McKay being on the news sticking it to Cardiff. Saying he was left in his hotel room with no arrangements made for his return flight so he arranged a flight for him . Then another report coming out from France saying Cardiff had offered to arrange a commercial flight with whatsapp evidence. Some mud being slung by McKay

TeddyWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Just curious, does anyone know if Wolves or FOSUN have a private jet at Halfpenny Green for these situations?

topcat99

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And given the money involved in these transfers, I will point out that you can hire a private jet with commercially licenced crew for 5K to 10K

Peanuts for clubs / agents etc

S

ShropshireLad

McKay being on the news sticking it to Cardiff. Saying he was left in his hotel room with no arrangements made for his return flight so he arranged a flight for him . Then another report coming out from France saying Cardiff had offered to arrange a commercial flight with whatsapp evidence. Some mud being slung by McKay
Yeah, I saw the BBC News interviews with him and his son. He made some interesting points but who knows what the truth is?

It was mentioned shortly after the tragedy that Cardiff had arranged a commercial flight but Sala didn't want to take it. Who the culpable one is in that situation becomes unclear. McKay said that he was just trying to lend a helping hand, he also showed compassion towards the pilot. Of course he wouldn't say anything to incriminate himself but he certainly wanted to shift any blame away from himself and his son and in the process did say that it was just an unfortunate accident...which to be fair, sounds rational.

It also looked as if he was going to be paid for making the arrangement as he said that he wasn't searching for any payment because of what happened (or words to that effect). However, even if he did it to earn something out of it that doesn't make him culpable of any wrongdoing. As he said, when you order a taxi you expect everything is in order, you don't check the driver's licence or the MOT of the car etc.

Perhaps it was an accident borne out of an unfortunate set of circumstances. However, both Cardiff and Nantes see money as being the crucial issue and have, imo, lost the plot and have undermined their sentiments of compassion they made towards the lad's family.

Last edited by a moderator:

Henry Palfrey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mckay did what he did on the cheap no doubt to maximise his own gains, in a transaction he had no right to be part of.
Hopefully the odious slug will get what's been coming to him.

Back
Top Bottom