Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Spurs Verdict

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great, great comeback! Moutinho made the difference when he came on. He is our heartbeat. Great to see Dendonker start a game and he did well. Wemberley, Wemberley, we're the famous Wolverhampton and we won at Wemberley, again!

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
Contained them to a degree first half but sat back too much and were too slow, pushed up more 2nd half, upped our tempo and closed them down and we look a much better team. Thought trahore was looking good, but flashes of the old costa for his goal. Moutinho made a great difference, works so much better when not anchored to the back line. Neves was excellent. The front line very good also. Amazing how much our players play better when the tempo is higher and further forward.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That may be the best 45 minutes I've ever seen from Wolves. To restrict a team with 11 in their last 2 to no shots on goal, while scoring 3 defies description.
This absolutely!!! I actually can't verbalise how ecstatic I feel...amazing!
According to a poster on the Mix yesterday, Wolves were 100/1 for a 3-1 win. I was a smudge away from lobbing a hundred on it. Gutted about that. Hope they win a chunk though.

D

Deleted member 5276

What to say.... except that I now have fodder for months to hold against all the pathetic Spurs fans who have been giving me abuse all week about how many they were going to hammer us by.

Superb second half and the difference Moutinho made was basically world class. So pleased for Costa to take his chance and hopefully that inspires him.

First half Spurs were clearly the better team but without the cutting edge that Liverpool displayed. The Kane goal was simply a magnificent strike after poor work by Boly and Cav. But then Spurs went to sleep and we grew.

Nuno made the right substitutions and hey presto, we get that. Traore was really good IMO and hopefully his hamstring is not going to keep him out too long. Defensively we were excellent and not really exposed at all which was very surprising. To keep their forward line quiet was a superb achievement and you always felt we could get a goal if we made the right changes. Moutinho gave us belief, presence and a calmness on the ball and we exposed Spurs like they haven't been exposed since they played Man City and Liverpool.

I still haven't see us lose at Wembley. Time for some more beer. Enjoy days like this folks. They're starting to happen more regularly and those of you who want to criticise and doubt should really take some time to savor this and feel it. Be a Wolves fan this weekend and just enjoy it for what it is.

Superb Nuno. Superb Players. Superb Result.
7th. Read that again. 7th at New Year.

Erick1011

First Mexican Wolves fan
Reaction score
Patricio - 6.5 - Great early sabes, but his poor distribution put us in unnecessary pressure. Could have done better for Kane’s goal.

Bennett - 7 - Thought he would struggle with Son’s and Lucas Moura’s pace. He dealt well, and kept us going.

Coady - 7 - Distribution decent, deals with most things. Captain fantastic.

Boly - 7.5 - He got us the equalizer, but he was at fault for our goal, along with Cavaleiro. Late on he was an absolute wall, though.

Doherty - 8 - Up and down the pitch all game. Did enough defensively, and got the assist for Costa’s goal.

Jonny - 7.5 - Mr. Consistent. He’s such a smart player. I thought he played really well and linked up with Cavaleiro.

Dendoncker - 6.5 - An unremarkable and average full debut, though @Okresh would have you believe he’s the next Busquets. In all fairness, he won a few good balls and recovered possession for us when Spurs were dominant in the first half.

Neves - 6.5 - Not his best game. Kept things ticking but at this point we could have Jack Price doing those same passes. I think we’ve come to expect too much of Ruben. Despite his downturn in form, his passes are always excellent and help us stretch our opponent.

Traoré - 7 - Adama clearly scared Spurs, and they could come nowhere near them in the first half. One of his better games for us.

Raúl - 9 - His first away goal, and what a cheeky one it was, too. The weakest of placed shots right at the bottom corner, and through a defender’s legs.
He worked hard all game and deserved the goal. Got booked for taking his shirt off, which I always find unnecessary.

Cavaleiro - 7 - Not his best game, and whether he was fouled or too easily dispossessed in the build up to Spurs’ opener, he redeemed himself with a magical first touch to control the ball and set Raúl up for our second goal.

SUBS:

Moutinho - 10 - An undisputed man of the match performance. Nothing else needs to be said.

Costa - 8 - He came on and linked well with Doherty down the right, creating havoc with his pace and trickery, and scoring our third. He waited for the right moment before placing it past Lloris. Glad he’s got his first goal as well.

Gibbs-White - N/A - Came on to shore things up. Not on for long enough.

Nuno - 10 - Made sure we kept things right in the first half, and got the substitutes spot on in the second. He’s the Special One.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Said at half-time that I thought we’d defended well but been poor on the ball, and that if we could rectify that, we could still get something.

Never in my wildest dreams, however, did I think we would produce that sort of performance. This wasn’t a smash and grab. We absolutely battered and outplayed the form team in the Premier League on their own pitch. Just sensational.

Patricio 7 - Couple of very good saves. Undecided as to whether he should have done better on the goal.

Bennett 7 - Bennett is as Bennett does.

Coady 7 - As well as I’ve ever seen him defend. Up until the hour mark, distribution as poor as I’ve seen it.

Boly 8 - Defended superbly. And what a header for the goal.

Doherty 7 - Anonymous for an hour. Sensational for 30 minutes.

Dendoncker 6 - Tough game to come into as we were a little overrun in the first half.

Neves 7 - Worked so hard in the first half. Started to really show his quality in the second. Welcome back Ruben!

Jonny 7 - Steady. Another who grew influence as the game went on.

Traore 7 - Comfortably our best player in the first half. Great that he showed what he can do when played in his best position.

Raul 8 - Ran his proverbial *******s off. So pleased he got his goal and what a place to get his first away from Molineux

Cavaleiro 7 - Struggled without service in the first half but looked more and more menacing as the game progressed. Great assist for Raul’s goal.

Costa 7 - Welcome to the party Helder! We’ve missed you. Hopefully that’s the moment that sparks him back to his very best.

Moutinho 8 - Pure, unadulterated class. Joao, you beautiful, beautiful bearded man.

MGW N/A

Huge congratulations to Nuno, the boys and all the staff.

Just when you thought 2018 couldn’t get any better, they save the best until last. So, so proud.

S

spanishwolf

I think it's a good time to write my first message here, after a magnificent victory in Wembley. Just wanted to say hello to all Wolves fans. Here a supporter in Spain.
I know Cavaleiro and Costa quite well because they played for Deportivo La Coruña, my local team.

Now let's celebrate 7th place! :)

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I didn't ever realize that Leicester lost to Cardiff - awesome! Good for Wolves and good for Canada if Cardiff stays up!
Hi Hawkguy, long time no see. I missed the game.......just now got the result.
Over the moon........what’s the reference to Canada?

cobweb

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What a second half. Boly motm for me, the man's a beast.

AlexWolvesHD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great second half, didn’t see the first half but what a comeback and totally dominated them for the majority of the second half.

Win at Wembley and back up to 7th as well great afternoon for the old gold & black

Back
Top Bottom