Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Chris Froome cleared

thetwistedsock

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is fantastic news.

Haww, he-haww, he-haww, he-haww, he-haww...
(the sound of Frenchies reversing).

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Back in the eighties I was an admirer of the man nicknamed " The Badger " Bernard Hinault. That admiration waned somewhat after he promised to help Greg LeMond win the 86 Tour if I recall correctly. A pack of lies as at every available opportunity he attacked Greg. In recent weeks all admiration went when Hinault said that Chris Froome should not be allowed anywhere near the Tour as he is a drugs cheat. So Bernard are you going to apologise now that Chris has proved innocent, somehow I doubt it.

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He may have been cleared but it’s still weird how an asthmatic is one of the best cyclists in the peloton.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
A
He may have been cleared but it’s still weird how an asthmatic is one of the best cyclists in the peloton.
Asthma can be controlled with properly prescribed legal medicines .

D

Deleted member 3573J

They'll get him one day, so many similarities with Armstrong who they also failed to get until the end of his career. Probably best to try and get a lesser member of team Sky like they did when they finally nailed Armstrong due to the evidence of a team mate.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Thing is the whole process as far as I can see is about pushing every aspect to the limits including TUEs so there's a slightly blurry line and he has strayed onto it but not across it. Whether you think that's cheating is more a matter of opinion than fact, but if you want to make it fact then you have to say he's clean if the sport accept it. Not fair to compare him to Armstrong though who was a clear cheat not someone pushing the boundaries.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Thing is the whole process as far as I can see is about pushing every aspect to the limits including TUEs so there's a slightly blurry line and he has strayed onto it but not across it. Whether you think that's cheating is more a matter of opinion than fact, but if you want to make it fact then you have to say he's clean if the sport accept it. Not fair to compare him to Armstrong though who was a clear cheat not someone pushing the boundaries.
Spot on but unfortunately some people believe he is guilty yet investigations have proved he has done nothing wrong .
Innocent until proven Innocent and then keep chucking mud around to try and convince everyone that he is guilty despite the evidence.

nimrod

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
the problem for froomey is that he was a late developer held back by a mysterious undiagnosed illness, which once 'treated', has allowed him to become one of, if not the greatest cyclist in history. it doesn't matter who he is, or where he's from, those facts alone mean that in a sport with a drug riddled history he'll be considered dodgy by a significant proportion of people.

sky's antics and various pronouncements they've failed repeatedly to live up to have hardly helped him.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
the problem for froomey is that he was a late developer held back by a mysterious undiagnosed illness, which once 'treated', has allowed him to become one of, if not the greatest cyclist in history. it doesn't matter who he is, or where he's from, those facts alone mean that in a sport with a drug riddled history he'll be considered dodgy by a significant proportion of people.

sky's antics and various pronouncements they've failed repeatedly to live up to have hardly helped him.
I will come back with my hands up if he is convicted some date down the line but I won’t hold my breath.They aren’t all serial performance enhancing cheats like Armstrong.

nimrod

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I will come back with my hands up if he is convicted some date down the line but I won’t hold my breath.They aren’t all serial performance enhancing cheats like Armstrong.

hey no need, it's not like it would be your fault. I'm not judging froomey, i'll let others do that. it's more the idea that there's zero reason to doubt when there's an awful lot and that's always going to be a part of the sport given the endurance aspects.

personally i have little doubt Sky are or have been happy to allow exaggerated or misdiagnosing of asthma to enable some cyclists to benefit from the performance enhancing effects of the medication. i think that absolutely happened with Brad and once you get to that point, where are you supposed to stop.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
hey no need, it's not like it would be your fault. I'm not judging froomey, i'll let others do that. it's more the idea that there's zero reason to doubt when there's an awful lot and that's always going to be a part of the sport given the endurance aspects.

personally i have little doubt Sky are or have been happy to allow exaggerated or misdiagnosing of asthma to enable some cyclists to benefit from the performance enhancing effects of the medication. i think that absolutely happened with Brad and once you get to that point, where are you supposed to stop.
I didn’t say you were mate but there are plenty around who are .They call them barrack room lawyers.

NavyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looking forward to Le tour, went a few years back to watch it in Paris on the final day and got to see the finish of La Vuelta in Madrid last September while over there, seriously impresses me what these guys go through for 4 weeks, just unreal dedication, grit and determination!

waggys left foot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As he used to take to use his inhaler publically in front of the tv cameras in the middle of a race he wasnt much of a cheat.

But TUEs are a blackhole which will suck in and destroy the publics faith in fair sport and allows fancy bears to do their worst.

D

Deleted member 3573J

Diego Ulissi failed a test for salbutamol 4 years ago and his results were almost identical to Froome, Ulissi was forced to do the study to try and replicate the results and was given a 9 month ban. Surprise surprise, Froome didn't even have to do the study, of course though there's one rule for multimillionaire Chris Froome backed by the richest team in the history of cycling and there's another rule for the lesser riders. Froome already had his appeal ready to go if he'd lost, backed by his millions he'd have gone to court, UCI knew this and simply couldn't afford the legal fight so have backed down.

Does anyone think that cycling just doesn't like him or that people are jealous, that's why there are continuous accusations? They know he's cheating, they just can't get him, just like Armstrong who'd never officially failed a drugs test, clean as a whistle, just like Froome, while he was winning all his tour de France's. Remember that story of the journalists, ex-cyclists etc in a press room just getting to the point where they'd just sit and laugh as Armstrong would power his way up the mountain stages barely out of breath? Remind you of anyone? The giro the other week? The man isn't even subtle about it and neither was Armstrong.

It's funny how some athletes just have constant allegations throughout their career isn't it and pretty much one by one they eventually get them, usually at the end of their career. Lance Armstrong, Linford Christie, Marion Jones etc. It's strange how someone like Bolt who's dominated his sport just like Froome but there's never been as much as a whisper that he cheated? You can never say never but he's probably the real deal. So why do they go after Froome? Surely his story is good for cycling and they'd want to milk it as much as possible?

Farah is another one, he's more obvious than even Froome, clean as a whistle too though apparently, well for now but they'll get them both eventually.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Diego Ulissi failed a test for salbutamol 4 years ago and his results were almost identical to Froome, Ulissi was forced to do the study to try and replicate the results and was given a 9 month ban. Surprise surprise, Froome didn't even have to do the study, of course though there's one rule for multimillionaire Chris Froome backed by the richest team in the history of cycling and there's another rule for the lesser riders. Froome already had his appeal ready to go if he'd lost, backed by his millions he'd have gone to court, UCI knew this and simply couldn't afford the legal fight so have backed down.

Does anyone think that cycling just doesn't like him or that people are jealous, that's why there are continuous accusations? They know he's cheating, they just can't get him, just like Armstrong who'd never officially failed a drugs test, clean as a whistle, just like Froome, while he was winning all his tour de France's. Remember that story of the journalists, ex-cyclists etc in a press room just getting to the point where they'd just sit and laugh as Armstrong would power his way up the mountain stages barely out of breath? Remind you of anyone? The giro the other week? The man isn't even subtle about it and neither was Armstrong.

It's funny how some athletes just have constant allegations throughout their career isn't it and pretty much one by one they eventually get them, usually at the end of their career. Lance Armstrong, Linford Christie, Marion Jones etc. It's strange how someone like Bolt who's dominated his sport just like Froome but there's never been as much as a whisper that he cheated? You can never say never but he's probably the real deal. So why do they go after Froome? Surely his story is good for cycling and they'd want to milk it as much as possible?

Farah is another one, he's more obvious than even Froome, clean as a whistle too though apparently, well for now but they'll get them both eventually.
Unless he is innocent of course but there again some people would never accept that .

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score

Pretty sure there's people out there who think all the Jamaican sprinters are drug takers and Bolt is too big to bring down. Just comes with the territory.

Dougal McGuire

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The history of both sports dictates that any athlete excelling will, for some, always be under suspicion.

For cycling, that’s the legacy the Armstrong era has left us. It will take a long time to get over that.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Brilliant from Thomas and Froome
The race is well and truly on now.

F

Fast Eddie

The last two stages have been belters!

Just a shame Thomas and Froome are on the same team. Although that does of course significantly improve Froome's chances.

GY Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I kinda don't mind really. But Thomas said he's definitely Froome's domestique.
Yeah right, he wants to win it, will be interesting to see if Froome/Brailsford allow it. It's staggering how Sky turn pretty everyone into mountain goats, with young guys like Bernal humiliating seasoned GC pros.

F

Fast Eddie

Yeah right, he wants to win it, will be interesting to see if Froome/Brailsford allow it. It's staggering how Sky turn pretty everyone into mountain goats, with young guys like Bernal humiliating seasoned GC pros.

That's a bit unfair on the Sky Team. They have the biggest budget and sign the best riders. It's a bit like accusing Real Madrid of drug cheating because they keep winning the champions league. It's not drug cheating, it's because they sign Galacticos.

Plus the fact that Dave Brailsford is a sports scientist, psychologist, strategist extraordinaire.

They'll allow Thomas to win if he's in yellow after the last stage in the Pyrenees. But until that stage Thomas will be riding for Froome. That will make it extremely tough to be in yellow at the end of the Pyrenees. Stranger things have happened though.

nimrod

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's a bit unfair on the Sky Team. They have the biggest budget and sign the best riders. It's a bit like accusing Real Madrid of drug cheating because they keep winning the champions league. It's not drug cheating, it's because they sign Galacticos.

Plus the fact that Dave Brailsford is a sports scientist, psychologist, strategist extraordinaire.

They'll allow Thomas to win if he's in yellow after the last stage in the Pyrenees. But until that stage Thomas will be riding for Froome. That will make it extremely tough to be in yellow at the end of the Pyrenees. Stranger things have happened though.

'I trust the process': Brailsford says Wiggins TUEs were not performance-enhancing

Sir Dave Brailsford breaks silence on Bradley Wiggins TUE - 'I did not know of doping reputation of asthma drug'

claimed he didn't know about the ped effects, yet somehow can conclude that was no performance enhancement.
great science.

F

Fast Eddie

No rules broken. Never have been. Legitimate winners. Great scientists

Highlandwolf2

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No idea of the rights or wrongs of this, but cycling has been overwhelmed by drugs for over 50 years e.g. the death of Tommy Simpson in 1967, when drugs were found on his person during the autopsy. Even then the use of drugs was widely known. Gives me a very cynical view of professional cycling, sadly.

D

Deleted member 3573J

Sky aren't even subtle about it, Froome, in particular, has always been in your face about it, looks like he enjoys it all. Something quite disturbing about him.

When the going gets tough have another puff.

9g4mr.gif

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Sky aren't even subtle about it, Froome, in particular, has always been in your face about it, looks like he enjoys it all. Something quite disturbing about him.

9g4mr.gif
It’s not an illegal substance.
Genuine question.Have you ever suffered with Asthma?
Why is it disturbing having to use it? Millions do in every day life to aid breathing including my wife.

D

Deleted member 3518

Why is it disturbing having to use it? Millions do in every day life to aid breathing including my wife.

Surely if it's not an illegal substance, the fairest thing would be to allow all cyclists to use an inhaler, would it not?

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score

9g4mr.gif
Furthermore those aren’t even this year’s Tour jerseys so if he was seen using it it would have been covered by the investigation.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Surely if it's not an illegal substance, the fairest thing would be to allow all cyclists to use an inhaler, would it not?
Have you ever used one ?I have and it isn’t pleasant so why would you want to use it?.I had asthma as a kid .

D

Deleted member 3518

Have you ever used one ?I have and it isn’t pleasant so why would you want to use it?.I had asthma as a kid .

Not a question of whether I have used one, my lad did in his early teens particularly when playing rugby. My point is that accusations are being made that he used them to gain an unfair advantage, if they were available to all then it would remove the suspicion and create a more level playing field.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Not a question of whether I have used one, my lad did in his early teens particularly when playing rugby. My point is that accusations are being made that he used them to gain an unfair advantage, if they were available to all then it would remove the suspicion and create a more level playing field.
It is a prescriptive drug which is legal .It is the input that is controlled.As I said I have used it and it isn’t pleasant and virtually everyone wouldn’t use it unless they had to.

D

Deleted member 3573J

I didn't say he was disturbing because he uses an inhaler, I said there's something disturbing about him, as in his personality. As I said I think he quite enjoys the accusations, an odd sly smirk on his face when he talks about them, as if he's mocking the sport. Lance Armstrong gave off the same vibe.

The picture is from a few years ago, it was just to show how in your face he is about it. What a coincidence that both of team Sky's tour de France winners suffer from chronic asthma, in Wiggins case he used a drug only usually used in A&E, but still managed to complete the stage of an elite race, incredible stuff.

Back
Top Bottom