Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

What shoould Wolves do next with Fabio Silva?

What should Wolves do next with Fabio Silva

• Sell Fabio for between 10 - 15 million with add-ons

Votes: 264 66.3%
  • Loan with an option to buy at 20 million

Votes: 29 7.3%
  • Dry loan to another club and assess in the summer

Votes: 32 8.0%
  • Keep Fabio at Wolves and use him in a meaningful way.

Votes: 54 13.6%
  • Other

Votes: 19 4.8%

• Total voters

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But giving it back to your own fans is bloody stupid, especially when all the criticism and a chunk of the “abuse” has been self inflicted with his pathetic diving and play acting…..

Shows a shocking lack of self awareness to do that and bring attention to himself yet again for not being a good professional in terms of his conduct and attitude on the loan
doesn’t matter what he does, he’s always going to be criticised.

woop woop barmy army

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Played okay today. But level of opposition and only having 10 men.

Silly goal celebration. Let your football do the talking.

Has potential to make himself a hero next week v Celtic. Or another poor performance will finish it off for him up there

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Not really,

I think the lad has talent, he needs to get his head down and let his actual footballing ability do the talking.

He is getting criticised justly as he has dived and feigned his way to justified heavy criticism north and south of the border.

He needs to make some urgent and radical changes to his team, as something somewhere is not helping him or allowing him to kick on.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Probably just an angry young man. I for one can sympathize, even if I agree it's not wise.
Agreed and of course he is young. But surely he must have thought about what he would do if he scored. And he picked the worst option. Remember Leon Clarke and his shushing finger, there is no way back from that.

Last edited:

Bradstonian

Reaction score
My take on Fabio's involvement in the match.

He played a big part in the penalty award, which Rangers failed to score from, before scoring the equalising goal just before half-time.

He had further involvement in the second half, with several efforts on goal, but overall I did get the feeling that his teammates had a reluctance to pass him the ball. Very often they were slow to put the ball into the middle - Sterling particularly being at "fault".

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Though for some people, it's always been the opposite. Whatever he doesn't do, it's always someone elses fault. The players for not passing to him. Or passing to him at the wrong height. Or the fans for saying he's played badly when he's played badly. Some still seem to believe he's a latent Ronaldo and the fact he's never showed it means that the rest of the world is to blame! TBF that is a dwindling minority though there were plenty a couple of seasons ago.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agreed and of course he is young. But surely he must have thought about what he would do if he scored. And he picked the worst option. Remember Leon Clarke and his shushing finger, there is no way back from that.
Didnt think he did much wrong tbf
Hes obviously taken a lot of stick from the fans and deservedly so,so a little shut up motion wasnt excessive i guess
Just let the football do the talking though son

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Listened rather than watched the game for an hour. Commentary was praising Lundstram - then realised the commentator had Sheff Utd connections!

Good movement is what they kept saying - and still fancy he will come good. Just don’t see it being for 3-5 years and not with us.

Last edited:

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If fans give a striker stick, I really don't think they should get too upset to be shushed when he scores.

It's embarrassing how sensitive people were about Leon's celebration.
Fans are very precious. Same applies for MGW

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He essentially told the fans to shut up with that hand gesture - which would go down like a lead balloon in front of the South Bank.
The celebration is all the more cringe-worthy given it was only his third goal in 15 league games, in the proverbial farmer's league...

I think its stupid, but i kind of get it from him. He's clearly a frustrated player and he let that spill over. While its aggravating, i am in the camp of the fans dish it out, so its not unfair for them to get a bit back.

He's at the stage now, like @North West Wanderer said, where everything he does is going to be criticised.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Doesn't need a way back if he's not going to be there next season anyway

My take on Fabio's involvement in the match.

He played a big part in the penalty award, which Rangers failed to score from, before scoring the equalising goal just before half-time.

He had further involvement in the second half, with several efforts on goal, but overall I did get the feeling that his teammates had a reluctance to pass him the ball. Very often they were slow to put the ball into the middle - Sterling particularly being at "fault".
Every time I've watched Rangers they ALL look like they're reluctant to pass to each other. Like none of them trust each other

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would wholeheartedly disagree. Blokes like Taylor, Claridge, Gladon etc were crap signings at the time regardless of the money and everybody knew they were crap at the time.

There is so much revisionism and hindsight when it comes to Silva its unreal. At the time he signed Fabio Silva was one of the most sought after young players in world football, more than Joao Felix, and was being tracked by Juventus, Milan , Real Madrid amongst others. he was seen in Portugal as their next big superstar after Cristiano Ronaldo. It sent shockwaves through Europe when we signed him and it was considered a major coup.

Did we overpay? Probably, although once again there's a heavy dose of hindsight involved. Ask any Spurs fan if knowing what they know now they would have been happy to pay £35m for a 20 year old Harry Kane if they hadn't already got him. You can bet your life they would be.

We took a gamble that if it had come off would have been seen as one of the best bits of business by any club anywhere. For the chance of getting a world class striker it was well worth it. It hasn't happened yet for the lad and might never happen. But nobody who is being truthful can say they 100% knew he was going to fail when he signed. I don't remember anyone saying that they knew he was crap at the time. The objections at the time were that the money could have been better spent elsewhere. To say it's the worst transfer in the history of Wolves or of Football in general? Come on.

For that one I would nominate Joe Gallagher, Dave Thomas or Roger Johnson
Honestly you think us signing a lad with 1 league goal “sent shockwaves through Europe” ?

Absolutely hilarious.

Payback to mahogany Jorge, absolutely immoral transfer. At least his dad has got a mansion out of it.

Made himself look an utter bell today as well.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think its stupid, but i kind of get it from him. He's clearly a frustrated player and he let that spill over. While its aggravating, i am in the camp of the fans dish it out, so its not unfair for them to get a bit back.

He's at the stage now, like @North West Wanderer said, where everything he does is going to be criticised.

I don't think there is such a stage where "everything" you do gets' you criticised. It's more that being a highly paid failure gets you criticised. Not doing the job you are highly paid to do. Whose paying whose wages here? Fans owe him nothing.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If fans give a striker stick, I really don't think they should get too upset to be shushed when he scores.

It's embarrassing how sensitive people were about Leon's celebration.
Of course he has a right to do what he wants. But there are consequences. After his comical prat fall he seems to have no remorse.
Fans pay towards these players exorbitant wages .After many months or even years of frustration they are not so much sensitive as they are angry. Yes he has the right to open up a war against the fans , it’s just indicative of a stupid boy.

Last edited:

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Obviously kid gloves are not worn in Scotland !

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think this kid needs a proper PR job done in the summer . He needs to stop being a victim.

CelebrityWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
His career needs a lesser club right now in a lower tier with little pressure. The Portuguese second tier or a lesser side in the top tier would do him the world of good you would think.

Back
Top Bottom