Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

What shoould Wolves do next with Fabio Silva?

What should Wolves do next with Fabio Silva

• Sell Fabio for between 10 - 15 million with add-ons

Votes: 263 66.2%
  • Loan with an option to buy at 20 million

Votes: 29 7.3%
  • Dry loan to another club and assess in the summer

Votes: 32 8.1%
  • Keep Fabio at Wolves and use him in a meaningful way.

Votes: 54 13.6%
  • Other

Votes: 19 4.8%

• Total voters

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Rae started on him Fabio has the right to defend himself. Rae is an old man these days gobby old neighbour vibes

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The floppyhaired idiot(I don´t mean Alex Rae here BTW)is a disaster off and on the pitch.
Anyone wants Fabio for free,I´ll drive him where ever myself.
Worst signing in our history.
The idiot laughed at Hwang at Anfield.
Who´s laughing now hey Fabio?

Just **** off from my club will ya.
You are a disgrace lad.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Possibly our worst signing ever for the fee. Atleast with Guedes he actually shown the ability, but he was just forced here by Mendes.

He’s going to end up playing for a big team in Greece or something next, score loads and then bounce around mid table teams in big leagues as he fails to lock down a starting place

those were the days

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Possibly our worst signing ever for the fee. Atleast with Guedes he actually shown the ability, but he was just forced here by Mendes.

He’s going to end up playing for a big team in Greece or something next, score loads and then bounce around mid table teams in big leagues as he fails to lock down a starting place

Truly woeful signing. We actually paid net €5m to sign Silva, Semedo and Hoever for Diogo Jota, Matt Doherty and Helder Costa. No wonder Nuno looked depressed for most of that last season - it wasn't just covid and Raul's injury!

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think there is such a stage where "everything" you do gets' you criticised. It's more that being a highly paid failure gets you criticised. Not doing the job you are highly paid to do. Whose paying whose wages here? Fans owe him nothing.

I think with some players there is. He could come back to Wolves, score in 3 games out of 5 and fans will only talk about the games he didnt score in. Thats the way its ended up with him. Not all Wolves fault, and not all his fault either, its just a symptom of a big transfer fee he never asked for and an unrealistic expectation of a player too young and not ready. His wages are irrelevant really when you are talking about a developing player. He shouldnt be expected carry a teams attacking threat at his age.

What you are saying works both ways though, he doesnt own the fans anything either. Do i think he is an idiot? Yep, i do, but i also think he's a young man with the weight of the world on his shoulders who probably just had enough.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Of course he has a right to do what he wants. But there are consequences. After his comical prat fall he seems to have no remorse.
Fans pay towards these players exorbitant wages .After many months or even years of frustration they are not so much sensitive as they are angry. Yes he has the right to open up a war against the fans , it’s just indicative of a stupid boy.

I guess that's where I feel differently - I wouldn't call ssshing fans "opening up a war". If I'd been booing him, I'd think fair enough, laugh and move on.

If anything, I'd rather players have a genuine reaction as it shows they care, than to have them think "I'd love to shush these fans, but according to my media training it's much better if I kiss the badge".

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

He will be like Federico Mechada then……

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I guess that's where I feel differently - I wouldn't call ssshing fans "opening up a war". If I'd been booing him, I'd think fair enough, laugh and move on.

If anything, I'd rather players have a genuine reaction as it shows they care, than to have them think "I'd love to shush these fans, but according to my media training it's much better if I kiss the badge".

I agree and disagree with the post.

Only because I think you are right to do what he did if he had tried his hardest and was just not in form or things just weren’t working for him. But he was putting his everything into every game and trying his hardest.

But, watching him on this loan, in my opinion he looks majority of the time disinterested and too busy trying to dive around and win cheap fouls and act hurt.

He has also rarely looked any good on the loan, so poor form, diving around and doing that to fans just makes him look like a spoiled kid who got too much too soon in his career.

Happens to a lot of younger players now.

If you fall in the second camp, take it on the chin and maybe look closer to home and see it that you as the player need to do better.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Better up there than at Molineux.

I think if he did it at molineux I could understand it more though…..

As I don’t think with us effort has ever been his issue. He just seems to be short of experience and that killer moment.

You know he cares based on the reaction to the pen he gave away that wasn’t a pen.

Up there he hasn’t looked the same player or even like he has been as driven to do well like he did on his other loans so successfully.

This has just been a bad loan move.

I hope we do the right thing for him and get him a perm or loan move to a club that can give him time to develop as he lost some of that time after the Raul injury.

I feel sorry for him as he didn’t chose the fee or want the pressure and expectations that it will bring at such a young age.

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

As I don’t think with us effort has ever been his issue. He just seems to be short of experience and that killer moment.

You know he cares based on the reaction to the pen he gave away that wasn’t a pen.

Up there he hasn’t looked the same player or even like he has been as driven to do well like he did on his other loans so successfully.

I hope we do the right thing for him and get him a perm or loan move to a club that can give him time to develop as he lost some of that time after the Raul injury.

I feel sorry for him as he didn’t chose the fee or want the pressure and expectations that it will bring at such a young age.
No but he took the wage and didn’t perform

Not the first flop in the premier league and won’t be the last

No more hubris signings Jeff

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To put it in context, Fabio has 3 goal contributions in 15 SPL games, which works out to the equivalent of 1 G/A every 3 full 90 minute matches. During which time, he has faced the might of Ross County, St. Johnstone, Motherwell and their like - and failed to score in the large majority of those matches.

Within the space of a month, we have seen two ridiculous dives, a divisive celebration against his own fans, and an alleged training ground bust up. He has been pony by many accounts, and a bit of a cheat. I don't care if the Rangers fans were booing his every touch (which I doubt is true), a goal against Kilmarnock doesn't give him the right to shush anyone, or hold up the name on his shirt - a celebration for which I can only feel second-hand embarrassment. Someone close needs to have a word... and probably tell him to get off Twitter!

Last edited:

Oliwolf44

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Me counting down the days to the summer when Fabio leaves for the told you so post. Just for all those the happy clappers who said he was gods gift and were calling out anyone who dared question him.

15h2a7.jpg

brianm

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

It's a dumb gesture either way. I don't want to feel sorry for him, and I don't want him to want me to feel sorry for him (for his sake).

He has taken over the top abuse in Scotland. The only thing that could come from this, imo, is for him to find a new attitude. Get mad. Fight. Fight even though it's dumb.

Sometimes dumb passion can be very useful.

Then very best thing in sport, imo, is when an athlete finds the inner resource to get off the mat and fight back. Maybe there's a chance that happens here.

loppers86

Reaction score
i’ve been a bit fed up with wolves since early feb - so not been turning over my wolves calendar - i just bit the bullet and moved into may and what do i see?

Fabio Silva shushing me!!!

He really is a knobhead isn’t he!

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really want the lad to focus on playing and showing that does have a bit of talent about him

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was too pre-occupied with having the fall back of a pen if he missed the header, he wimped out of getting to a great clear cut header….

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Like the Jake Paul, Mike Tyson fight, my money is on the old warrior

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's been good today, their best attacker by far. Still seems a bit chaotic and he's still learning, but some promising signs.

The kid has talent!

But he seems to be a real confidence player and one who if he starts well will have a good game. But an early mistake and he tries too hard and it gets worse…….

Very much like Sa! He makes a good early save, he will have a good game. He has an early mistake or fumble and he just isn’t the same keeper for the rest of the game

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought he was Rangers' best player yesterday, fair play to him.

Cut out the over the top diving, moaning etc. focused on the football and did pretty well. But he does have to score that header.

That was a much more positive showing though.

Bradstonian

Reaction score
I thought he was Rangers' best player yesterday, fair play to him.

Cut out the over the top diving, moaning etc. focused on the football and did pretty well. But he does have to score that header.

That was a much more positive showing though.
Agreed. There IS a footballer in there sonewhere.

I wonder whether GON will have watched the game at all.

Back
Top Bottom