Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The Cavaleiro Effect

Tojo the grass

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jota would benefit from a left footed wingback , it would allow him to get into more central positions rather than going wide all the time. He’ll come good anyway.

Cav being an option is an obvious boost, will need a bit of time to get fully match fit though.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cav, like Bonantini , Jota and Costa aren’t really up to Premiership standard.
But I have absolutely loved watching Wolves this season and the press and TV are drooling over us
One of those statements is inconsistent with the other.

WolvTown

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
There's a video on Twitter @wolves, sorry I don't know how to put pics or vids or here, showing Cav training, he's with the first team squad.
He hasn't really had a pre-season, so that's going to add to the time until he's match fit.
Personally I think back Mid Oct, without any more setbacks?
But can't expect much of him this side of Xmas, bit like Costa's old injury comeback?

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be fair Cav featured for a large part of pre season.

Put him on the bench for the United game and bring him on for the last twenty minutes. He'll scare the life out of them

wallace

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How much longer before Cav is back, have I missed an update about him?

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He was and still is a great player and the fans love him, but he's just another (very good) option.
Nuno has shown time and time again he likes to pick his team and give them a chance, chopping and changing players all the time unsettles them and shows a lack of faith, this is why he's giving Jota and Costa time to find their feet, he sees them all day every day in training and he picks his best 11 to suit his game plan.
Cav will get his shot for sure and I love watching him play, but he's not going to single handedly shoot us up the league on his return.
Given our profligacy in front of goal Cav would be a most welcome addition to the squad. I could not see him squandering some of the chances we created yesterday. The sooner he is back the better.

Norris

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Given our profligacy in front of goal Cav would be a most welcome addition to the squad. I could not see him squandering some of the chances we created yesterday. The sooner he is back the better.
I'd love to see him back, we all would, he may or may not have squandered the chances yesterday we'll never know.
Our wingers aren't running with as much freedom as they were last season, things are tighter now, I'm sure Cav will light things up when he's back, but Nuno never fancies him for the full game and I don't think it's down to his fitness.

madwolf

Reaction score
Even though are current wingers are not firing on all cylinders at moment we are still getting the results and points. If we can keep this up then when Cav does return it will be like a new signing and give us that fresh impetus. Taking off Costa and Jota and bringing on Cav and Traore, frightening !

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cav is very calm in front of goal, as was Costa and Jota before their injuries, although they seem to be close to being close to their best. So fingers crossed he keeps his confidence and gets his form back quicker than the other 2. Great choices with our 4 wide players.

Last edited:

Rufio

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I'd love to see him back, we all would, he may or may not have squandered the chances yesterday we'll never know.
Our wingers aren't running with as much freedom as they were last season, things are tighter now, I'm sure Cav will light things up when he's back, but Nuno never fancies him for the full game and I don't think it's down to his fitness.

Cav back next week apparently

glorybox

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So who drops out the 18 to accommodate him..??

woop woop barmy army

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Expect him to be given a full in the cup game. Been exiting to watch him on one wing Traore on the other. Think it will take him a few games to get up to speed.

Add to the mix Vinagre Gibbs white

Might be an execting team next week. Really think doc needs a rest that game

OoohRobbieRobbie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But I have absolutely loved watching Wolves this season and the press and TV are drooling over us

Haha, what?

J

JimmyMac

Can't wait to have Cav back personally. I think he adds something different to the mix up front. Him, Costa and Jota are all different in the way they approach the game and I would like to see the three of them rotated in pairs around Jimenez.

WolvTown

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Can't wait to have Cav back personally. I think he adds something different to the mix up front. Him, Costa and Jota are all different in the way they approach the game and I would like to see the three of them rotated in pairs around Jimenez.

Four of them rotated in pairs around Jimenez.

astraltrader

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am as excited at the return of Cavaleiro as I am about playing Trahore.
In other words I am super-excited!! :):):)

Bob Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Whilst I don't rate Cav quite as highly as some on here, I think it is harsh to say that he (and Jota) aren't up to Premier League standard. We are just a few games in and Cav hasn't even been tried yet.

Dudleywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
WE are gonna tear Manure a new arseshole. and if Cav helps then great !

ladywolf

Reaction score
Not sure if we will see him play tomorrow, Tuesday as a sub or even starting hopefully!

Back
Top Bottom