Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

SHI OUT

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
An observation from the past few days...

The amount of posters who spent ages jumping on any negative opinion you may have offered in the past, who are now telling everyone these people have always been useless is astounding. It would be funny if it wasn't about Wolves.

At least Steve Bulls Knee just doesn't post :D

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The amount of posters who spent ages jumping on any negative opinion you may have offered in the past, who are now telling everyone these people have always been useless is astounding. It would be funny if it wasn't about Wolves.

Yes, good point, where are the spokespeople for the club? Is it getting so bad that they can't even put up a credible denial for what is happening? Are we skint? Is Neves leaving? Can we no attract a coach? It must be bad when the management treat legacy fans with such contempt that they can't be bothered to say anything?

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I couldn't possibly speculate on who is to blame if anyone as I do not know the basis for decisions or the complexities involved. I think a lot of people are stating facts like they are god given truths when in fact they are complete supposition based on guesswork and a firm belief that it is this or that individuals fault. The problem at present is that if we just start to move on senior figures at the club and then we lose a game again the fans will shift the blame to another and then another. I am inclined to believe senior management have handled the situation poorly and perhaps a change at the top by Fosun in time will be forthcoming. However I am also wary of another inexperienced senior manager without a background in football being no particular help at all in this situation and perhaps it could just make matters worse.
Well said.

Dingle Chris

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Hopefully he’s had a long hard look in the mirror and realised his lack of footballing knowledge has led to his demise. Having been told for a long time by many knowledgeable posters things were far from ok and continuing to bate and berate them maybe he now realised he should have listened. Also he could be Jeff which would explain a lot.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hopefully he’s had a long hard look in the mirror and realised his lack of footballing knowledge has led to his demise. Having been told for a long time by many knowledgeable posters things were far from ok and continuing to bate and berate them maybe he now realised he should have listened. Also he could be Jeff which would explain a lot.
Or maybe he realizes that what is most pressing right now is a couple of wins and not whether Shi leaves today or 3 years from now.

We need a coach, ( and not just any coach), and wins.

Nothing else matters right now…….only wins and a coach.

We can assume that Wolves are trying to find the right guy, who wants to come to Wolverhampton, is available, is a good fit and will be satisfied with the salary and terms agreed upon.

In other words, an outstanding candidate.:)

top fox wolf

Reaction score
Or maybe he realizes that what is most pressing right now is a couple of wins and not whether Shi leaves today or 3 years from now.

We can assume that Wolves are trying to find the right guy, who wants to come to Wolverhampton, is available, is a good fit and will be satisfied with the salary and terms agreed upon.

Only one man for our situation get DYCHE in now .think you'll hear the first shi out Saturday at Brentford it's a small ground and 2 000 away fans will make themselves heard .

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Only one man can get us a coach but he seems to be bugger all about it. And whilst you’re assuming he’s trying to find the right guy it took our local rivals 3 days to get a massive upgrade on their departing coach. What makes it even more galling it was facilitated by one Jorge Mendes!

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Only one man can get us a coach but he seems to be bugger all about it. And whilst you’re assuming he’s trying to find the right guy it took our local rivals 3 days to get a massive upgrade on their departing coach. What makes it even more galling it was facilitated by one Jorge Mendes!
Oh come on, man.
Do you, REALLY think that Wolves are not actively trying to recruit a coach?

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be perfectly honest I don’t know what the hell they are doing but they need to do something and fast.
Really surprised by your reply……..
Personally, I would have assumed that it’s a priority within the Wolves organization.

“We hold these truths to be self evident.”

Last edited:

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really surprised by your reply……..
Personally, I would have assumed that it’s a priority within the Wolves organization.

“We hold these truths to be self evident.”
There doesn't seem to be any evidence that it’s a priority. There have been zero links to any coaches and in fact no reliable journos have reported anything which leads me to believe there actually isn’t anything going on. Again Villa got a massive upgrade in just 3 days it’s now been 24 days for us and our hierarchy seem happy to have an academy coach who’s well out of his depth in charge. My only hope is that lopetegui has agreed to join in January but I would have thought we would have announced that if true.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There doesn't seem to be any evidence that it’s a priority. There have been zero links to any coaches and in fact no reliable journos have reported anything which leads me to believe there actually isn’t anything going on. Again Villa got a massive upgrade in just 3 days it’s now been 24 days for us and our hierarchy seem happy to have an academy coach who’s well out of his depth in charge. My only hope is that lopetegui has agreed to join in January but I would have thought we would have announced that if true.
So what if there’s no evidence?……means NOTHING, ( well, except to you).

And I’m soooooo tired of how Villa got Emery……..I don’t care a damn. Comparing is stupid.
Although, it wouldn’t surprise me if Villa and Emery had been in touch for a few weeks.

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

And I’m soooooo tired of how Villa got Emery……..I don’t care a damn. Comparing is stupid.
Although, it wouldn’t surprise me if Villa and Emery had been in touch for a few weeks.
You might be right they had a plan and probably in contact for weeks. Our board seem to be playing twister doing very little and looking rather silly as it stands.

Glad your happy though mate fair play to you . I mean the teams scored 5 goals all season ,we are painful to watch and we have a manager that has no proven record. The board have multiple past failings . And appointed Zenga for **** sake .

But glad you can see we are doing swell

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Here’s a quote from the guy who said Beale was going to be our new manager
Interesting info from my contact about Sellars:

Sellars is under massive pressure internally, this is where much of the frustrate anger is aimed. Players have been given so many false promises they don’t know what to believe. They gonna have to put their big boy pants in and make it happen as there is little chance of a manager coming in pre January
So yes it looks like nothing is happening manager wise and we could well be adrift by January. Maybe at that point you’ll show some concern and maybe even a little criticism of the board. As with regards Villa I don’t think you understand just how stupid it’s made us look especially after Jeffs outstanding candidate nonsense.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You might be right they had a plan and probably in contact for weeks. Our board seem to be playing twister doing very little and looking rather silly as it stands.

Glad your happy though mate fair play to you . I mean the teams scored 5 goals all season ,we are painful to watch and we have a manager that has no proven record. The board have multiple past failings . And appointed Zenga for **** sake .

But glad you can see we are doing swell
You do that we’re doing so well, right now? Don’t you? It’s in all the papers.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Your defence of the club at all costs was previously admirable, but now verging on the stupid.

Of course they're not actively looking for a manager. In their own words, Davis is in place until 2023.
If anybody thinks that Wolves aren’t actively trying to recruit a coach, then I‘d like to sell them some property under Lion’s Gate Bridge.
1666812050653.jpeg

RichB

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Your constant support of them is admirable but I’m struggling now to decide if you are for real, if you are a WUM or if you are actually Scott Sellars using a pseudonym.

The fact is that there is no evidence of anything sensible being done. This isn’t just because we’re hearing nothing. I’m aware that Fosun and to be fair the Chinese in general have a propensity to operate with cards close to their chest.

I say this because we are “all in” for J-Lo and when this falls through, suddenly we’re “all in” for Michael Beale. 2 extremely different propositions. This to me indicates that they do not actually have a clear plan.

We then get Beale’s comments which whilst subtle and veiled would lead me to believe that there was something about the ownership that he didn’t quite like.

We have seen a catastrophic catalogue of errors now from Shi and Sellars and this isn’t just recent. We are talking a few years.

We now find that FOSUN as a business are in trouble. This could be a strong reason why things appear in limbo.

You mention being tired of the Villa Emery discussion. It’s pretty damn valid isn’t it? We are in bed with the all great super agent Jorge Mendes. Yet we are without a manager still. The rhetoric from Jeff Shi is “no outstanding candidates” yet Mendes puts Emery and Villa together in a few days. Would you say that Emery isn’t an outstanding candidate? And if Villa and Emery were in Touch for weeks it’s showing succession planning. Something Shi and Sellars would be wise to try out. So you may be sick of hearing this but maybe people could be getting sick of hearing the constant blind support. Maybe on your side of the pond it’s less important but over here many of us are spending a lot of money to support the wolves week in week out and are quite rightly voicing our annoyance.

Because all evidence so far points towards mismanagement bordering on negligence.

Frankly, the sooner these lot are out the better.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If a rival team that are near you in the table fill their managerial vacancy with a highly distinguished coach in a smooth and efficient manner, while you've been stuck with a caretaker for the past three weeks, why on Earth wouldn't that invite a comparison between the two clubs? It's the only natural response. Being a die-hard club apologist right now, with this ongoing litany of embarrassments, just comes across as a bit weird. There's a time to venerate the club, and there's a time to demand improvement.

Last edited:

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Your constant support of them is admirable but I’m struggling now to decide if you are for real, if you are a WUM or if you are actually Scott Sellars using a pseudonym.

The fact is that there is no evidence of anything sensible being done. This isn’t just because we’re hearing nothing. I’m aware that Fosun and to be fair the Chinese in general have a propensity to operate with cards close to their chest.

I say this because we are “all in” for J-Lo and when this falls through, suddenly we’re “all in” for Michael Beale. 2 extremely different propositions. This to me indicates that they do not actually have a clear plan.

We then get Beale’s comments which whilst subtle and veiled would lead me to believe that there was something about the ownership that he didn’t quite like.

We have seen a catastrophic catalogue of errors now from Shi and Sellars and this isn’t just recent. We are talking a few years.

We now find that FOSUN as a business are in trouble. This could be a strong reason why things appear in limbo.

You mention being tired of the Villa Emery discussion. It’s pretty damn valid isn’t it? We are in bed with the all great super agent Jorge Mendes. Yet we are without a manager still. The rhetoric from Jeff Shi is “no outstanding candidates” yet Mendes puts Emery and Villa together in a few days. Would you say that Emery isn’t an outstanding candidate? And if Villa and Emery were in Touch for weeks it’s showing succession planning. Something Shi and Sellars would be wise to try out. So you may be sick of hearing this but maybe people could be getting sick of hearing the constant blind support. Maybe on your side of the pond it’s less important but over here many of us are spending a lot of money to support the wolves week in week out and are quite rightly voicing our annoyance.

Because all evidence so far points towards mismanagement bordering on negligence.

Would you ditch Mendes as a matter of interest?

RichB

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Would you ditch Mendes as a matter of interest?

Something I’ve thought for some time. And I’m yet to decide.

I think he can and has added some fantastic parts to our team.

Without Mendes we wouldn’t have got Neves and Jota that’s for sure.

But I think coupled with owners who haven’t got a clue he’s dangerous. From a work point of view I’ve likened it to an elderly person getting taken advantage of and suffering financial abuse at the hands of someone unscrupulous.

I know that sounds harsh.

I think if utilised sensibly then he’s good. But I don’t think we should be so reliant.

The absolute certainty is that Mendes is out for Mendes.

If we got some sensible owners in and a strong and knowledgeable DoF then I think it would work as a relationship.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

All I’m saying is, if you read back, is that I assume Wolves are trying to recruit a new coach.
I take that for granted…….and for that you make digs?

I‘m not saying that all is well, am I?

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

But I think coupled with owners who haven’t got a clue he’s dangerous. From a work point of view I’ve likened it to an elderly person getting taken advantage of and suffering financial abuse at the hands of someone unscrupulous.

I think if utilised sensibly then he’s good. But I don’t think we should be so reliant.

If we got some sensible owners in and a strong and knowledgeable DoF then I think it would work as a relationship.
Without mendes. No Nuno ...No promotion.....Fosun without mendes would probably be relegated from the championship.......we certainly wouldn't be a premier league club and definitely wouldn't have played in a European competition....

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You are a weird little man. That's all.
Because I think Wolves are trying to hire a coach…….that’s a measure of someone’s height or being well adjusted? Not a very reliable way of judging someone.

RichB

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
All I’m saying is, if you read back, is that I assume Wolves are trying to recruit a new coach.
I take that for granted…….and for that you make digs?

I‘m not saying that all is well, am I?

At the moment im not sure how much evidence we have that they are doing a great deal.

The search is off. It was never particularly structured as if there is a plan.

It’s just a concern. If you look at the current financial state of Fosun it’s concerning. Moodys have lowered the credit rating on them and they have an almighty financial burden which has to be sorted next year and it doesn’t appear that they have the funds to do so without continuing to asset strip.

In the Fosun empire we are small fry but a lot of rumblings suggest we’re clearly for sale and they may be stalling on doing anything in the hope of a quick sale. They may even see that money can be made with less investment from the championship anyway. I’m not the expert in this but listening to people who know more than me has got me concerned.

All I’m saying is that they have made error after error and there is nothing to suggest it’s going to get better.

The support and excuses for them is just frustrating mate

RichB

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Without mendes. No Nuno ...No promotion.....Fosun without mendes would probably be relegated from the championship.......we certainly wouldn't be a premier league club and definitely wouldn't have played in a European competition....

I agree with you.

I think he would be a far better asset though partnered with a business with more knowledge and alternative options.

But I absolutely agree. Without Mendes we would be well and truly ****ed

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
I agree with you.

I think he would be a far better asset though partnered with a business with more knowledge and alternative options.

But I absolutely agree. Without Mendes we would be well and truly ****ed
We need a middle man I agree that’s got football knowledge

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I agree with that. Mendes must have loved the early days of Fosun at Wolves. Cash to spend, and limited football experience to question the advice offered. As the money dried up, his interest waned, but his influence remained strong in the absence of experience within the club.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Guilty as charged! Though I generally judged by results, so when we were doing well, would tend to think everything was OK. Though was always well aware of the potential pitfalls of our transfer policy, for example, it was getting results. The stunning signings (Neves, Rui, Moutinho etc) outnumbered the bizarre ones (leave to your own imagination). As well as the months of silence from those at the top. Strange comments in interviews and so on. It's when results decline, they become not amusing any more.

I don't think they've always been "useless". More that their strategy has some favourable elements and some dodgy elements. In the end, luck and so on balances out. We lucked out big time with Nuno, a managerial appointment they have been unable to come anywhere near repeating. Maybe just "mostly useless".

RichB

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We need a middle man I agree that’s got football knowledge

I think this is key.

Even if Shi stays. He may be able to do a good job. Just needs someone who knows what they’re doing. Not a Jack of all trades/master of none in Scott Sellars.

Just a proper structure.

I suspect that Fosun will be gone. Hope and pray that we get the right owners in.

But they need to have a real DoF in who can make the right decisions, have a good head coach and start getting the basics right.

Fan engagement
Recruitment (that utilises Mendes but also is effective without him)
Succession planning for management and players

Etc etc

RichB

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I agree with that. Mendes must have loved the early days of Fosun at Wolves. Cash to spend, and limited football experience to question the advice offered. As the money dried up, his interest waned, but his influence remained strong in the absence of experience within the club.

Absolutely.

I Genuinely that he can be useful if we have the right people in house.

It’s annoyed me though that we can’t find an outstanding manager yet Mendes sets the Vile up with Emery within a few days.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think this is key.

Even if Shi stays. He may be able to do a good job. Just needs someone who knows what they’re doing. Not a Jack of all trades/master of none in Scott Sellars.

Just a proper structure.

I suspect that Fosun will be gone. Hope and pray that we get the right owners in.

But they need to have a real DoF in who can make the right decisions, have a good head coach and start getting the basics right.

Fan engagement
Recruitment (that utilises Mendes but also is effective without him)
Succession planning for management and players

Etc etc
The Mendes link will be gone when Fosun sell.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Guilty as charged! Though I generally judged by results, so when we were doing well, would tend to think everything was OK. Though was always well aware of the potential pitfalls of our transfer policy, for example, it was getting results. The stunning signings (Neves, Rui, Moutinho etc) outnumbered the bizarre ones (leave to your own imagination). As well as the months of silence from those at the top. Strange comments in interviews and so on. It's when results decline, they become not amusing any more.

I don't think they've always been "useless". More that their strategy has some favourable elements and some dodgy elements. In the end, luck and so on balances out. We lucked out big time with Nuno, a managerial appointment they have been unable to come anywhere near repeating. Maybe just "mostly useless".
Wasn't directed at you, just posters that would be abusive towards anyone negative int he past, now a lot of them are the worst now! Have no problem with opinions changing, it's just the stick some posters took for opinions then.

Agree with the point at the bottom, it makes it concerning as to what the next step will be!

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t agree.

Mendes is a link that even villa have used to their advantage.

Mendes will be around if he can make money. He certainly won’t bite off his nose to spite his face.
Oh I’m not saying we won’t use him just that we won’t get the favours we get due to Guo owning a % of Gestifute.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh I’m not saying we won’t use him just that we won’t get the favours we get due to Guo owning a % of Gestifute.
I'm saying we probably won't use him as the value of our transfers and the quality of player involved won't likely be enough for him to give a damn about us. Especially if we go down.

RichB

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Oh I agree. Mind you I think Mendes has got his fair share of favours from us.

Apparently £6.4m of the Fabio deal went to Mendes. I’m still hoping that Fabio comes to fruition but a large part of me thinks that Jorge pulled Jeff’s pants down and avoided lube with that deal.

I think what was so good about Nunos promotion winning team and to be fair our first few prem seasons was the seamless blend of British players and the Portuguese/Iberian flair players. I’d love to see us go back to something like that. Flair with teeth.

Back
Top Bottom