Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Nottingham Forest (H) Pre-Match Thread!

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A lot of the attention will be on Gibbs-White today, but I think Brennan Johnson could be a bigger danger. I was impressed with him last season in the Championship and I think he has looked good this season in a struggling team. I would like Ait-Nouri to play left-back to match him for pace.

How do we score? Just tell Adama Traore to get up the wing, put crosses into Costa, and get bodies in the box. Keep it simple.

Any win will do.
I'd tell Traore to stay on the HW line and don't drop further back and I'd tell Costa to stick in the area. We've got 9 other players to worry about the defence against what is a poor Forest team. We need some luck today - a pen, a Forest sending off, a deflected goal, anything to get this team going. A 1st half goal would be great and may yet set our season off. COYW!

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Manager talk can **** off till 5pm.

Gotta give all we can today both players and fans!

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I watched Brentford v Brighton last night and it struck me that we are simply not dirty enough or cheating enough.
So lets start today. Lets have some shirt-pulling, blocking, professional fouls, diving (no, forget that), elbowing 'accidentally' of course and various other ****housery tactics that other clubs seeem to excel in but that we just don't bother with.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I watched Brentford v Brighton last night and it struck me that we are simply not dirty enough or cheating enough.
So lets start today. Lets have some shirt-pulling, blocking, professional fouls, diving (no, forget that), elbowing 'accidentally' of course and various other ****housery tactics that other clubs seeem to excel in but that we just don't bother with.
Well we have got the ****housery grand master playing today so your wish may come true.

T

TheConcourse

Trying to shake off the Wolves-induced negativity, but there’s a mindset with these players that says it’ll be cagey, slow and probably end in defeat.

You can’t just switch this up overnight. It’s going to take months and months of effort.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dreading this today.
If its a bad result it will go toxic quickly.
I dont think a positive result will be good enough unless its accompanied by a good performance.

Severnup

Groupie
Reaction score
We simply need 3 points today. A win will help the players and ease the pressure on the new manager a little. Points today are more important than performance given our position. Forest will be up for this. Need to show our metal.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
3 points are an absolute must. Already a pretty sizeable gap developing to a number of the clubs we need to be targeting finishing above if we are going to stay up (Bournemouth, Brentford and Fulham). Can’t afford that to get any bigger.

Come on me babbies.

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
All but a sell out. Only five single tickets left for this afternoon's match, three upper and two lower, in the Billy Wright Stand.
Edit. Now showing all gone, a complete sell out. Another refresh, two tickets still available in the upper. It fluctuates a bit.

Elvis Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My first time back at the Golden Castle, since giving up my season ticket.

My big fear today, like others, is that what's going on off the field, will overshadow what's going on the field.
Also, a big worry, this will bleed down from the stands into the already fragile, low on confidence, players on the pitch.

Wolves. Only Wolves.
Wolves ONLY Wolves!
Is my punch line O LP .
No worries though.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dreading this today.
If its a bad result it will go toxic quickly.
I dont think a positive result will be good enough unless its accompanied by a good performance.
The only thing that matters is a win. Get that and the vast majority of the crowd will be content. Three points buy the new manager much needed time to improve performances.

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Forest are better in attack than defence, by a long stretch. They are just the kind of opponent you could risk an open game against, knowing that if they do score 1, you will score 2 or 3. Well, that would be the case for a *normal* team. Forest are very weak defending set pieces. Unfortunately, our attacking set pieces are close to useless.

Even with our poor attack, it would be a mistake to approach the game by thinking we can sit back and bore them to death or something. That will settle them and give them confidence. We need to get at them from the start, and if we do go behind, not let our heads drop, no panic, just keep on getting the ball forward quickly and we will win. The catch is so many of those ideals : "forward quickly", "heads drop" are areas we are rock bottom at.

Sounds grim, but I'd probably take a draw from this as I think the way we play, we have more chance of beating the likes of Leicester and Palace, while being open to coming unstuck against Forest.

Oldgoldilox

Groupie
Reaction score
My fear/expectation based on plenty of experience is that the crowd will almost wanting anything to go wrong so they can vent. Really need to get behind the team and be united today no matter what.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My fear/expectation based on plenty of experience is that the crowd will almost wanting anything to go wrong so they can vent. Really need to get behind the team and be united today no matter what.
I think that the fans are ****ed off with Shi (not Fosun) and the disrespectful way Nuno appears possibly to have been used lit the blue touchpaper....

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd tell Traore to stay on the HW line and don't drop further back and I'd tell Costa to stick in the area. We've got 9 other players to worry about the defence against what is a poor Forest team. We need some luck today - a pen, a Forest sending off, a deflected goal, anything to get this team going. A 1st half goal would be great and may yet set our season off. COYW!
Wanted a pen, got a pen!!!!! Boy did we need that!

Back
Top Bottom