Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Nottingham Forest (H) Pre-Match Thread!

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
1665817294844.jpeg

IT’S MAAAAAAAAATCHDAAAAAAYYYYYYYY!!!!!!

Here we go again! After a strange week at Wolves (another one!) time to actually focus on what’s important- the football!

Huge game today. Can’t quite call it must win but you do think if we fail to get three points then our situation kinda becomes very bleak. It’s the first of two home games this next week or so against sides who have somehow been worse than us this year, some achievement! We just have to show up.

In terms of selection, we’ll be boosted by the return of Neves. Whenever he doesn’t play we don’t half miss him. I don’t think we could say if he was available last week we’d have won, but it might not have been such a walk in the park for Chelsea. Boubacar is also back and I’d love to see him start. I just think he’s variety in terms of our midfield. I can’t see it though. predict a line-up of:

Sa
Semedo Kilman Toti Jonny
Nunes Neves Moutinho
Adama Costa Podence​

We need a big atmosphere today. I worry that because of the situation, our fans will be a bit jumpy and nervous, almost half expecting it to go wrong. I hope people can forget that and just get behind the team.

Whether you’re following from Wolverhampton, across the Black Country or across the world, enjoy the game and let’s get those three points lads!

COYW!

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A lot of the attention will be on Gibbs-White today, but I think Brennan Johnson could be a bigger danger. I was impressed with him last season in the Championship and I think he has looked good this season in a struggling team. I would like Ait-Nouri to play left-back to match him for pace.

How do we score? Just tell Adama Traore to get up the wing, put crosses into Costa, and get bodies in the box. Keep it simple.

Any win will do.

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Up early not because I’m excited mind it’s because I’ve got a rotten bloody cold. It’s not Covid so I’ll be there today please please 3 points I don’t care if it goes in off someone’s **** just 3 points come 5pm tonight. Play without fear Wolves

Mardenboroughs Shoulder

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Up early not because I’m excited mind it’s because I’ve got a rotten bloody cold. It’s not Covid so I’ll be there today please please 3 points I don’t care if it goes in off someone’s **** just 3 points come 5pm tonight. Play without fear Wolves
Please stay away from Guedes, we need him playing well.

Mardenboroughs Shoulder

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I wonder if the club will announce the new manager/head coach just before kick off, who will come onto the pitch giving fist pumps to the fans.. :)

Three points please Wolves, let's kick start our season.
Yes probably have a desk out on the pitch so he can sign in front of the South Bank. Imagine if it was Julen and he couldn't get the pen to work, before shouting "Oh sod it" and hastily leaving?

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Please, please, please don’t go behind!!! Nothing stupid early; get on the ball, work it FORWARD and WIDE and pile into the box like our lives depend on it.

Forest will be eyeing this one up themselves; let’s face it, it’s the absolute perfect game for them too against an easy touch (at the moment). They will look to get on the ball, get behind the ball and will know all too well what will happen to the crowd if they see out 15/20mins with no incident.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Leaving soon after I have done my predictions, but this happy clapper is not really feeling it for today. All these reports about players not being fully fit, Sa playing with a fracture, and Collins, Neto and Jimenez still out. Oh, and no manager.

It worries me that I read we have only kept on Tony Roberts and not replaced any of the backroom team, including analysts and the like. Steve Davis said in an interview earlier this week that they are allowing players to express themselves and enjoy training. Sounds great, but is there a plan or strategy in place for the game? Have they looked at Forest's strengths and weaknesses? Or is everyone just having a jolly good time playing the way they want and no longer bored with training? Concerned, because even though we've not been good all season, our levels of intensity and purpose seemed to drop against Chelsea, even though that seemed impossible to achieve. We looked like a team without a manager, without a direction, and lacking in intent, purpose and motivation. Maybe Neves will make the difference. I hope so.

Alienwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I know we are desperate for the 3 points today, but I’m equally desperate not to be bored senseless. What I wouldn’t give for a repeat of the Branch/Akinbiyi match (and result, of course)
Gotta be 0-0 today. Too much at stake for both teams.

rubyloo

Reaction score
I'm a Shropshire lad but have lived in Nottingham for the last 25 years. Will be travelling down with my son today (both season ticket holders)- apart from the massive 3 points at stake, I have a lot personally riding on this for obvious reasons. Have I ever felt more nervous before a game? - probably, but struggling to remember exactly when. Hope the south bank is up for it today - I know the forest fans will be.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well, I was going to go to the boozer and watch it, but, my bathroom has flooded with **** water all over the show... so the omens for today are good.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Please, please, please don’t go behind!!! Nothing stupid early; get on the ball, work it FORWARD and WIDE and pile into the box like our lives depend on it.

Forest will be eyeing this one up themselves; let’s face it, it’s the absolute perfect game for them too against an easy touch (at the moment). They will look to get on the ball, get behind the ball and will know all too well what will happen to the crowd if they see out 15/20mins with no incident.
We go behind and l fear the atmosphere today will be bloody horrible..... Shi getting it both barrels....

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Leaving soon after I have done my predictions, but this happy clapper is not really feeling it for today. All these reports about players not being fully fit, Sa playing with a fracture, and Collins, Neto and Jimenez still out. Oh, and no manager.

It worries me that I read we have only kept on Tony Roberts and not replaced any of the backroom team, including analysts and the like. Steve Davis said in an interview earlier this week that they are allowing players to express themselves and enjoy training. Sounds great, but is there a plan or strategy in place for the game? Have they looked at Forest's strengths and weaknesses? Or is everyone just having a jolly good time playing the way they want and no longer bored with training? Concerned, because even though we've not been good all season, our levels of intensity and purpose seemed to drop against Chelsea, even though that seemed impossible to achieve. We looked like a team without a manager, without a direction, and lacking in intent, purpose and motivation. Maybe Neves will make the difference. I hope so.
I'm heading out from the Smoke soon but truthfully am dreading today. It's been a bloody long time since l looked forward to a game...

daniel corfield

Groupie
Reaction score
not feeling great ahead of this one.

can see Gibbs White and Brennan Johnson turning into prime Barcelona.

and If I see Moutinho starting I'll already be in a bad mood.

kentish wolf

Reaction score
All the best for today Wolves.
I am so,so hoping for a win but our oppo will fancy their chances against a team lacking confidence.
New manager hopefully next week but whoever it is they will have a lot of work to get this squad away from the basement of the premiership.

Reaction score
My first time back at the Golden Castle, since giving up my season ticket.

My big fear today, like others, is that what's going on off the field, will overshadow what's going on the field.
Also, a big worry, this will bleed down from the stands into the already fragile, low on confidence, players on the pitch.

Wolves. Only Wolves.

Last edited:

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Nervous and excited for today. We really need to show that quality will come out on top today, but to do that we need to work as hard as they do first.

Not worried about the crowd, the vast majority know we're all in this together.

If the game is crap at least I can scour the view of the directors areas for a large bloke with a magnificent beard.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fingers crossed for a breakthrough today. Feeling nervy about it.. got a lot of family connection to Forest and we’ve been whipping them for over a decade, hope it continues.. as I remember it the other way around.

Norway Wolves

Reaction score
We need to see something today. The lack of intensity and, it appears to the naked eye, effort, by some players has been really hard to watch.

If we can start with some courage and energy that would be appreciated.
I really don't know what is going to emerge today.

Reactions: Ian

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
From what I saw when they played the Vile if we can get at them we could get a goal or two, and we must shoot on site because Hendersons record at saving shots from outside the box is abysmal. Im excited and nervous about this game because win and it will get us out of the bottom 3, lose it the pressure will mount especially when the next 2 games are against teams just above and below us.. big week coming up on and off the pitch starting today, Intensity, intensity.. COYW

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Must win game? Maybe a bit early in the season ... but it sure feels that way.

Come on you Wolves!

MelbourneWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Off to bed now for a quick nap and up at1am for match. Hope it’s worth it this time

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
Wolves fans on here tuning in from Germany.
Forest match Live on German Sky KO 16:00. COYW!
15.10.2022 - Wolves v Nottingham Forest.jpg

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think this could well be our most key match since the FA Cup semi.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely dreading this but COYW.

Back
Top Bottom