Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Arsenal Matchday Thread

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Could we just tweak things slightly so Coady is the CDM and can drop back into a 3 if needed? So he plays just ahead of the centre backs instead of just behind. Gonna be interesting to see the line up.

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
Sticking with a back four.
Kilman out for Coady, Marcal starting at LB.
Neves on the bench.
Neto, Podence and Traore all starting.

Strong source, let’s wait and see!
interesting but i always prefer to see Neves starting.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Neves on the bench.

Interesting if true. Neto, Podence, Traore and Jimenez all starting. That's very attacking. Moutinho and the Donk the only real bit of steel in the middle of the park.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Could we just tweak things slightly so Coady is the CDM and can drop back into a 3 if needed? So he plays just ahead of the centre backs instead of just behind. Gonna be interesting to see the line up.
That’s my view, too. Kilman has done nothing wrong to be dropped and don’t understand those recommending that change. A flexible back 3/ 2 with Coady dropping back or forwards in to midfield plays to our strengths, I think, and allows us to push up more.

Aimless Balls

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Kilman’s been our best defender, period.

If we’re really doing this then give me some Otasowie later on. If he likes a driving run I’m into it.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Villa showed just how vulnerable Arsenal are.

With Coady back controlling things, Play higher up the pitch and we can do these.
Neves on the bench.

I would be amazed if that is true.
343 with a positive mentality is our best approach.

D

Deleted member 7862Bler

A bit of trivia, When did the Arsenal keeper have to wear the away kit in goal? Well tonight apparantly, the Premier League won't let Arsenals orange or black keepers outfits be worn because of clashing with our kit and they wont let their green kit be worn either as Ruis wearing that one for us!
Why can’t both goalkeepers wear green? Years ago green was the colour both keepers wore. When did they change the rules to say the keepers have to wear different colours and what is the point of such a stupid rule. Do they think the players will get confused which is their goalkeeper

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would like to see;

Rui
Dendoncker Coady Boly
Semedo Moutinho Neves Marcal
Traore Raul Neto

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rui
Semedo Coady Boly Marcal
Donck Moutinho
Podence
Adama Raul Neto

Wolves Heathen

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
if we go with three at the back i would expect the usual back three, LWB i would like to see ait nouri, but suspect it will be Marcal, up front Iv no idea who Nuno will go with but Neto has to start so it will be Poddy or Adama, Midfield again Nuno has choices to make who will it be out of our three ?.
Now if he goes with a back four whats to say Nuno will fit Coady by selecting Kilman at LWB, but again he has to start with Neto, some interesting selection issues for Nuno to sort out..

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know it was different times but I'd be hesitant to play Coady in midfield due to seeing him play there in pre-Nuno days

Aimless Balls

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I like the idea of Ruben sliding up and down but Coady’s not in the picture. We have the slowest spine in the prem as it is.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Isn't that how Neves played against Southampton? Whether intentional or not, he seemed just in front of the centre back pair, helping them out when needed. At least for the first half, anyway.

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we are playing 4231 no need for Dendoncker imo. Neves and Moutinho is fine

Donck might have a role to slot into defence when needed. He is the most physically able midfielder we have.

PumpKing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With having Coady as a CDM that would be quite apt considering who our new Snack Partners are.

One for the oldies there.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Can't see Coady playing in front of a back 4. His organisation is based around being last man and getting the rest in position, seeing runners coming and covering the gaps, not having defenders behind him. Not sure he can play as well in a 4 either, but his organisation would help over a Boly Kilman partnership even if he might be the 3rd best defender. Marcal would give more cover than RAN, so if we are doing that Semedo - Coady-Boly - Marcal for me.

Having said all that, I was sure he'd play last week!

Last edited:

Liskeard wolf

Reaction score
I was there, my 31st birthday, September 1979. 3-2 win, 2 from Andy Gray
I was there too . Kenny Hibbitt was electric that day . As was the recently signed Andy Gray. A similar performance from our boys tonight would be a great lift. Cmon me babbies

purplepault69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why can’t both goalkeepers wear green? Years ago green was the colour both keepers wore. When did they change the rules to say the keepers have to wear different colours and what is the point of such a stupid rule. Do they think the players will get confused which is their goalkeeper
Might have something to do with the number of keepers coming up for corners etc at the dying seconds of a game ?

D

Deleted member 11332

Donck might have a role to slot into defence when needed. He is the most physically able midfielder we have.
Agree he is the best athlete, but in this formation they will both be sat deep and barely get past the centre circle so we wouldn't need that as much and the other two are much better on the ball and positionally.

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neves on the bench.

Indeed! Despite the graphic saying otherwise!

amazed we have dumped the 3!

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wow! Now that is attacking. Really hope it works!

D

Deleted member 11332

Happy with that. Think Coady helps cut out some of the sloppiness with our defensive line we saw against Soton. Podence should be given the freedom to drift around and get on the ball.

D

Deleted member 4184

Back 4 with Coady worries me.

Hope i am proven wrong, come on wolves!

Poor Kilman...not put a foot wrong

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Definitely an attacking line up if it's a 4231..!! Marcal probably a more solid option in the back 4 for now while Rayan toughens up.

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That for me is big risk in this run of games. No real choice against Southampton but I’d have gone back to fried and tested for the next couple at least.

Back
Top Bottom