Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Adama Traore ~ To Sign New Contract ~ Or Loaned & Sold to Barcelona 2022?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There is a fundamental logic fail in your post. If he is as poor as you say why should we re-sign him?

Where did i say he was poor? Come on mate, read it properly. You are making things up.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be fair you didn't say that, l took it as your implication. If l was wrong l apologise.

All good mate. I didnt mean he was poor, and i dont think he is. I just think he's had some bad advice, some people pumping up his wheels telling him he is better than he is and he would have plenty of clubs after him to get a bigger pay packet. I think it started with his previous agent and he then joined up with Mendes to facilitate a move.

The other point with his fanboys is mainly they seem to think he is a top line, world class footballer when the cold hard truth is he isnt. At his very best he is in that bracket, but his very best is pretty rare. When you compare him with a genuine world class wide attacker in Son Heung-Min you can see he isnt at the level. Adama is still a good player and i'd like us to keep him.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The problem you have with that is....what if adama doesn't play very well from now till the seasons end.Then nobody is interested in buying him for the money we want.We lose out and he can go for free and the end of his contract.It's a gamble because it could work the other way.If he starts banging the goals in then he could have more suitors and a bidding war would obviously up the price.

I'm losing track but someone has mentioned a defender,that we could get for a few million and is I my cheap because he has only a year left on his contract,and is not going to sign an extension.So it's the same scenario as adama.
I suppose I think he is at rock bottom price for a man this well known., he hasnt been playing well recently , his recent record is awful and he has spent a lot of time on the bench.
Surely his value today is not more than when he was at Middlesborough.
The only way is up.
And if no one wants him we can resign him at a low salary . Thats the open market

Ian C

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh dear... Is he not going (including back to Boro)? Is diddums upset???
Chap, there’s loads of folks on here saying the same thing, you keep singling out my posts, that’s trolling.

On the other hand, we’re struggling to get what we paid from a Championship club near on 4 years ago. Work that one out for your superstar.

GuzzWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I suppose I think he is at rock bottom price for a man this well known., he hasnt been playing well recently , his recent record is awful and he has spent a lot of time on the bench.
Surely his value today is not more than when he was at Middlesborough.
The only way is up.
And if no one wants him we can resign him at a low salary . Thats the open market
His impact at Man City will never be forgotten in our 1st season back....If he can replicate that he is a winner. And yes I do get frustrated how easily he sometimes goes down....Is it the modern game mentality?

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
His impact at Man City will never be forgotten in our 1st season back....If he can replicate that he is a winner. And yes I do get frustrated how easily he sometimes goes down....Is it the modern game mentality?
Just shows how we all see the game differently as I've personally never seen a player try to stay on his feet as much as Traore does

I've also never seen a player so genuinely and brutally fouled at times. Tottenham players taking it in turns to take a yellow will live long in the memory

The compete contrast to Grealish

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just shows how we all see the game differently as I've personally never seen a player try to stay on his feet as much as Traore does

I've also never seen a player so genuinely and brutally fouled at times. Tottenham players taking it in turns to take a yellow will live long in the memory

He hasn't gone yet. Perhaps he never will.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If I were Adama, I’d be starting to get worried that I may never see a big money salary if I wait another 18 months for my contract to run down. If nobody is banging our door down at a bargain 20m+ fee, then even on a free, nobody is going to be offering him a four year contract on the 120k/wk he appears to believe he’s worth. At best, they’re likely to offer him something similar to what it’s reported we offered him. In the meantime, he’s continuing to get paid a pretty modest salary by PL standards, and has been foregoing the improved salary we’ve offered him for the past year or more. The economic equation is turning against him.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I take it you never watched Bully then. Traore has copped nowhere near the kickings the great man did.

GuzzWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Nice point "Aywe"

John de Wolf's hairdryer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We missed out on 6th place by goal average to Spurs less than two years ago !
I'm being pernickety, I know, but we missed out on 6th place by goal difference in 2019-20. Goal average, around since the beginning of the Football League, was binned off in 1976 or thereabouts.

As a little-known side-note on goal difference versus goal average, Wolves would have been league runners-up six times in total rather than 'just' five times had goal difference been in operation in the league in the 'Fifties. We finished 3rd behind Man Utd and, erm, Blackpool (believe it or not) in 1955-56, with us and Blackpool having identical points, but Blackpool having a superior goal average of 1.387 to our 1.369. However, had goal difference been in force that season, we would have ended up above Blackpool in second place on goals scored, as we had a GD of +24 (identical to Blackpool) but had scored 89 goals to their 86 goals. Not a lot of people know that ;)

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If I were Adama, I’d be starting to get worried that I may never see a big money salary if I wait another 18 months for my contract to run down. If nobody is banging our door down at a bargain 20m+ fee, then even on a free, nobody is going to be offering him a four year contract on the 120k/wk he appears to believe he’s worth. At best, they’re likely to offer him something similar to what it’s reported we offered him. In the meantime, he’s continuing to get paid a pretty modest salary by PL standards, and has been foregoing the improved salary we’ve offered him for the past year or more. The economic equation is turning against him.

It would have been prudent for him to sign an improved contract with a mutually acceptable release clause. The risk taken was that clubs would bang our door down for him which hasnt happened.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It would have been prudent for him to sign an improved contract with a mutually acceptable release clause. The risk taken was that clubs would bang our door down for him which hasnt happened.
Maybe he genuinely thought he was worth more than what Wolves offered……which is perfectly acceptable.
He also may have wanted CL football…..which too is normal.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Yep contrast ...................one greases his arms and the other his hair.

Mark Rankines Lovechild

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe he genuinely thought he was worth more than what Wolves offered……which is perfectly acceptable.
He also may have wanted CL football…..which too is normal.
Its quiet true that he may think he was worth more but that hasn't proven to be the case , neither his club nor international career or demand for his services has really kicked on since his good season when we / everyone thought he was becoming the player his talent had always promised. Its hard to argue that he hasnt gone backwards in the last season or so.

I get that he would like CL football but, even now the only concrete link is to Spurs who are, at best only on the fringes of CL. Contention.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Correct me if I am wrong, but didn't he ask for a release clause and that was the crux.
I may be wrong but I don’t think any of us know what was in the revised contract that he was offered by Wolves.
All we know is that a new contract was offered but what was in it was never disclosed.

Anybody got more accurate info on this?

I wonder if that offer is still available to him? Since the offer was made about 18 months ago, Nuno and Bruno have had him on the bench.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I may be wrong but I don’t think any of us know what was in the revised contract that he was offered by Wolves.
All we know is that a new contract was offered but what was in it was never disclosed.

Anybody got more accurate info on this?

I wonder if that offer is still available to him? Since the offer was made about 18 months ago, Nuno and Bruno have had him on the bench.
Not saying it’s gospel but the very reliable journalist John Percy stated in his recent article that the sticking point with the contract was the release clause.

quirky_birky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I assume any significant transfer business we do this January (if at all) will depend on this deal. If Levy strings it out until the last minute then it potentially throws a spanner in the works and leaves us at disadvantage with signing incoming players. If if doesn't get sorted soon then why take the chance? Spell it out to Traore, so he knows what the score is and doesn't sulk if any deal falls through (though in fairness to the lad, he hasn't looked like a player who's desperate to leave at all costs).

I've assumed that he's going to Spurs and it's just the details that need sorting, but am more than happy if he stays. I just wish he'd realise his potential (and preferably here!).

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We are constantly told how difficult it is to buy in the January market because the demand makes prices sky high.
Yet we are struggling to get more than £20 million , when Newcastle and the rest are looking to improve it really tells you his value. His agent should tell him to accept our offer of a 3 year contract or so . If he will listen . He needs to get his head down (as is his usual mode of play) and improve his value. With a sell on clause of £35 million plus. That should suit all parties. If he will listen .

Last edited:

Netherton Wolf

Reaction score
So according to all the so called reports, hes either going for 20mill with add ons, going on loan with a 22m deal at the end , hes not going at all and will sign a new deal?? So nobody really has a clue

Just out of intetest if he had signed a new deal 12months ago do u start getting yr new salary right away??

D

Deleted member yltz11841

So according to all the so called reports, hes either going for 20mill with add ons, going on loan with a 22m deal at the end , hes not going at all and will sign a new deal?? So nobody really has a clue

Just out of intetest if he had signed a new deal 12months ago do u start getting yr new salary right away??
Yes a new contract would supersede the old one, so new salary bonuses etc

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

So in essence the gamble is will he get much more than we were offering to make up for the hundreds of thousands (plus a signing on fee) he’s lost.

quirky_birky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apologies for being thick, but apart from preventing him playing against us again this season, how does an initial loan with a requirement to buy at the end help us? I appreciate that transfer payments are paid over instalments, and we'd get an initial load fee, but wouldn't this work against us in terms of FFP (i.e. the transfer fee only counts for FFP once the deal is made permanent)?

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So in essence the gamble is will he get much more than we were offering to make up for the hundreds of thousands (plus a signing on fee) he’s lost.

Which if rumours Spurs are offering him 120k/wk are accurate then it just about makes sense for him compared to the 70k/wk I think we offered him. But that’s just a rumour and even if true, realistically what more would Spurs offer him than staying with Wolves? It would be different if Liverpool, City etc but Spurs haven’t done much better than Wolves since we got promoted, and may not do again this season.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apologies for being thick, but apart from preventing him playing against us again this season, how does an initial loan with a requirement to buy at the end help us? I appreciate that transfer payments are paid over instalments, and we'd get an initial load fee, but wouldn't this work against us in terms of FFP (i.e. the transfer fee only counts for FFP once the deal is made permanent)?

Because by being flexible with the buying club about when you are paid means you can get more money in total as a trade off.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Which if rumours Spurs are offering him 120k/wk are accurate then it just about makes sense for him compared to the 70k/wk I think we offered him. But that’s just a rumour and even if true, realistically what more would Spurs offer him than staying with Wolves? It would be different if Liverpool, City etc but Spurs haven’t done much better than Wolves since we got promoted, and may not do again this season.
Money talks, but spurs do offer more if we are being honest, they have better training facilities and much nicer more modern ground to play in.

He will be playing for a team with a bigger global reach and reputation so that will only help him get back into the Spain team.

Yeah they haven’t done much more than us and are serial bottlers, but a career is only a short thing and the above reasons are bloody good ones to move on.

GoldenHorseshoe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There is a way to damage a rival by stringing them along, and reject each bid especially if you've no intention of accepting anyway.
Don't let them know and leave them struggling for an alternative player as the window runs down.
I have no knowledge if this the case, but my feeling is that Shi is a pretty shrewd operator.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think once it gets down to just the 1 year left on his contract teams arent going to pull the trigger unless its a good deal and 18-25 million isnt a good deal for a player in that situation. I'll stick my neck out now and say there is no chance we get over 15 million in the summer unless its like you have said, to a mid table side.
I feel a match day pint wager is the order of the day here…! :)

KFordOriginal

Groupie
Reaction score
Looks like Spurs are looking at 3 incoming and up to 5 outgoing. It could be they are just getting all their ducks in a line before pulling the trigger and closing the deals in a way that works with their budget.

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Screenshot_20220126-122017_Twitter.jpg

Still no progress apparently for Adama... So for all the talk before the weekend that this was close to being done its hit a stand still? Something doesn't seem right about this maybe talks have broken down?

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
View attachment 26428

Still no progress apparently for Adama... So for all the talk before the weekend that this was close to being done its hit a stand still? Something doesn't seem right about this maybe talks have broken down?
If we are in a financial limitation process then what is the benfit of trigering this option now instead of waiting for the summer. Is their some financial benefit I do not know of?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom