Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Peter Bosz

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not knocking you, but I presume the quote you've taken is from the Toulouse game the other week, which was his last before they were sacked.

Shots: 19-5 in favour of Lyon
Shots on target: 8-2 in favour of Lyon
Possession: 58% to Lyon

Now, Lyon should obviously be better than Toulouse, I'm just saying for that chap to say Toulouse played 10x better football is clearly rubbish.
That's just one, you can go through that forum and there are loads saying he's the worst manager they've ever had. He's been gifted some massive jobs with extremely talented young squads - Ajax, Dortmund, Bayer, Lyon. He's arguably underperformed with all of them.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wrong team. ;)

Plus, you're talking about Jordi winning titles as sporting director, not head coach. He finished second (to the same Bosz did) when he did head coach the team for one season.
Sorry, Tel Aviv. And yep that's what I meant - Cruyff was sporting director but brought Bosz in, only for them to finish second.

I'd rather have Harry Bosch than Peter Bosz

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The more I read the threads about our new head coach, the more I think we are going to appoint someone we have never heard of!

Could be a disaster and a cheap option.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well, ……..some good news.
As I write this, Mon. 5.30pm. nothing bad has happened at Wolves.

maybe put the pitchforks down,( but by all means keep them handy), and let’s see what happens. :)

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A defeatist attitude. Villa are just more ambitious than us.

Remember when dreaming was for free? What a ****ing joke
They’ll be dreaming if they think Tuchel will even answer the phone let alone attend an interview

JayStringer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
A defeatist attitude. Villa are just more ambitious than us.

Remember when dreaming was for free? What a ****ing joke

The whole 'dreaming is for free' thing annoys me, TBH. That wasn't the point of what Nuno said. He was saying dreaming is easy, but success needs hard work. And then the fanbase latched onto the wrong bit.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t understand the overreaction to this.

Like, for example, if Michael Beale goes on to manage the calibre of clubs Bosz has and has a similar career he will be ecstatic. And some think he’s a better fit than a guy who has actually been there and done it? After 14 games!

Even take Lopetegui, he’s not too dissimilar to Bosz in terms of CV. He won nothing with Porto, that’s really bad.

Like Bosz’s failure at Dortmund, Lopetegui fails at Madrid.

Yes Lopetegui wins the Europa League but Bosz got to the final with Ajax and it’s fine margins.

He gets done by a deflection in the final and Lopetegui wins when Lukaku scores an own goal. If you want to go a bit deeper as well, watch Sevilla’s win against United in the semi-final. It’s embarrassing how much better United were. Again, fine margins.

The difference of opinion for the two is staggering considering they have comparable(ish) CVs.

It's a similar story with other candidates. Maybe I'm wrong but I'm under the impression that Ange Postecoglou, who I think is excellent by the way, would be seen as a great appointment. Yet, Celtic struggle defensively in Europe. They don't get positive results at that level and are hugely open because of the brave way he plays.
Bo Svensson is another. I feel he would be popular but he has similar concerns.
As covered earlier in the thread, Brighton are getting praised by many but anyone who saw De Zerbi's Sassuolo will know they couldn't defend either even though they were a great watch. But he's a great appointment?

I don't get how the perception and attitude can be so different when Bosz has proven himself more than they have.

Also Bosz’s ‘failures’ are exaggerated, starting with even saying he failed at Leverkusen. He didn't on the whole, in my opinion.

As I’ve said, look at the Lyon side yourself. Everyone will tell you the issue was defending and you can see why. It’s nowhere near as talented a squad as people say. It’s good in attack but not in defence.

Also, their 8th place finish was really 7th as they had a point deducted due to crowd trouble and they were 4 points off 4th. So yes, it’s below where Lyon should be but it’s not the catastrophe people make out.

This is a guy who as a coach is clearly on a high level. That’s what we need.

Of course he has flaws but so does everyone. It could go wrong, but so could anyone.

Tactically I think Bosz is a level above what we’ve seen and that should excite us because we have a good team, instead it’s got this reaction that I can’t really understand.

Last edited:

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Like, for example, if Michael Beale goes on to manage the calibre of clubs Bosz has and has a similar career he will be ecstatic. And some think he’s a better fit than a guy who has actually been there and done it? After 14 games!

Even take Lopetegui, he’s not too dissimilar to Bosz in terms of CV. He won nothing with Porto, that’s really bad.

Yes Lopetegui wins the Europa League but Bosz got to the final with Ajax and it’s fine margins.

He gets done by a deflection in the final and Lopetegui wins when Lukaku scores an own goal. If you want to go a bit deeper as well, watch Sevilla’s win against United in the semi-final. It’s embarrassing how much better United were. Again, fine margins.

The difference of opinion for the two is staggering considering they have comparable(ish) CVs.

It's a similar story with other candidates. Maybe I'm wrong but I'm under the impression that Ange Postecoglou, who I think is excellent by the way, would be seen as a great appointment. Yet, Celtic struggle defensively in Europe. They don't get positive results at that level and are hugely open because of the brave way he plays.
As covered earlier in the thread, Brighton are getting praised by many but anyone who saw De Zerbi's Sassuolo will know they couldn't defend either even though they were a great watch. But he's a great appointment?

I don't get how the perception and attitude can be so different when Bosz has proven himself more than they have.

Also Bosz’s ‘failures’ are exaggerated, starting with even saying he failed at Leverkusen. He didn't on the whole, in my opinion.

As I’ve said, look at the Lyon side yourself. Everyone will tell you the issue was defending and you can see why. It’s nowhere near as talented a squad as people say. It’s good in attack but not in defence.

Also, their 8th place finish was really 7th as they had a point deducted due to crowd trouble and they were 4 points off 4th. So yes, it’s below where Lyon should be but it’s not the catastrophe people make out.

Of course he has flaws but so does everyone. It could go wrong, but so could anyone.

Tactically I think Bosz is a level above what we’ve seen and that should excite us because we have a good team, instead it’s got this reaction that I can’t really understand.
You might be right but who cares until a new guy is announced?

T-dot-wolves

Groupie
Reaction score
22 pts from his first 15 games at Dortmund - including 35 goals. I’d snap your hands off for that.

I guess it was the 1 goal losses to Real Madrid and Tottenham in the Champions League that was the nail in the coffin?

SydneyWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Across his time at Ajax, Dortmund, Leverkusen and Lyon;
247 games
130 wins (52.6%)
489 goals (1.98 pg)
300 conceded (1.21pg)
I’ll confess I’m not familiar with his work but those stats don’t seem that bad to me.

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Reads like he makes a promising start and then crashes and burns. The story is constantly of nearly doing something but failing. Sounds like most Wolves Managers of the 90s and 2000s. Slightly better than Zenga but has a similar impact as Bruno. I am really really unsure

Hows he anything like Zenga apart from his lack of hair?

There's abit of difference...

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People obviously don’t like him because he’s not Portuguese but look at the clubs he’s worked at. Could be worth a gamble to be honest. Young players too. If they’ve been impressed then he must have something about him??

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Boscz - sacked, sacked
Nuno - sacked, sacked

BRING BACK NUNO INSTEAS OF THIS ZENGA

Realistically no one knows anything about bosz unless you were a keen Dortmund or leverkuson fan

Luckily fosun won’t be so rash in their decision making simply to please a proportion of the crowd

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People obviously don’t like him because he’s not Portuguese but look at the clubs he’s worked at. Could be worth a gamble to be honest. Young players too. If they’ve been impressed then he must have something about him??
They were all so impressed that he hasn't lasted two seasons in a job for years.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It shows we may have interviewed a few names not mentioned.....the 3 man shortlist may all be names not mentioned...

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can see the words now from Jeff and Scotty boy . We didn't wa t a manager of such our Model we wanted a coach to get the best out of the youngsters .

Then this new coach gives Hodge and co the token 2 minutes at the end of the game . Similar bull **** to Lage and we find ourselves with players walking off as he is speaking.

They want a yes man this is how they get him . They want progression from here then you need someone that looks at things both ways but ultimately gets what they needs as they are the manager .

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

You think people not being happy at the prospect of giving a guy who has 2 trophies to his name (The first one being the Dutch 5th division and the second one being 18 years ago), who has achieved nothing at any remotely decent European club he’s been at and who struggles to hold down a job for longer than 1 season is an over reaction?

We all want what’s best for the club. This Johnny isn’t it.

SmiffyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Never heard of him. But managed some big clubs. Just never really seemed to stay long
Bruno Lage all over . If someone can name a coach/ ma ager that has gone down as top class that has only been at a club a year or two I would be interested.

Jeff and Scott ain't got a clue here . It's just get someone in on a one year deal and then take it from there .

This is looking more and more like the Molineux . Oh we might do this or do that to improve it but ultimately they do nothing .

Same **** different day ......

There's a couple of common factors here Guo . Hopefully you realise and see these very soon . Or the investment might be wiped out in we get relegated .

the 15th Wanderer

Reaction score
I wouldn't be against this.

His record is mixed but all the clubs he was with had a clear way of playing that were great to watch. He failed at times there but they're all at levels above us.

I want this side to attack more, to play on the front foot and to start having a go.

His teams do that and a general concern is how they defend. Maybe I'm overrating our lot but if you have Collins, Kilman, Semedo as three of the back four, and Neves sitting in front, I think that's a great base.

Then we'd be getting a coach with good attacking patterns, high pressing - basically everything we're not in the final third.

It's a risk but they're all a risk really.

I think just falling short of expectations with Lyon and doing well on the whole with Leverkusen is on a different world entirely to 15 games with QPR, for example.
Exactly may not work out but you don't get to manage the Ajax and Dortmund of this world if you have not done something right.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score

Agree, feels like whoever we get linked with just isn’t good enough for some. We’d have people on here slagging the club off if we appointed Pep Guardiola.

I don’t know enough about Bosz to make a proper assessment, but I bet most of the people twisting their knickers don’t either.

On the face of it he struggled at Lyon and Dortmund but did well at Leverkusen. Again without doing too much digging he seems a better choice than Edwards, or Beale.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our defence is decent because of the way we play.. if we open up, they’ll get shredded.
This is the main issue Nuno and then Bruno had. Throw in the massive problem we’ve had at centre forward for 2 years and it’s hardly surprising we don’t score goals.

Yet we debate coaches till the cows come home, while saying what a great squad we’ve got.

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Two points. First of all I regard the 'hive mind' of this Forum as pretty good. Sure, there are some posters who might need to increase their medication, but taken together the Forum has to be at least the equal of Scott Sellars & Co.
Not a single poster mentioned Bosz as a possibility. Not one. So where did the idea come from?
More worryingly, if he likes a play a high-press, high-octane brand of football, do we have the players for that? Moutinho is 36, Costa is 34, Neves isn't the quickest, it's not Adama's game at all. Guedes, I don't think so. Podence?
We desperately need a consistent identity and a consistent way of playing - which again brings us back to a competent Chief Exec and DoF

Updated: Where did it go wrong for Bosz in Dortmund? Where did it go wrong for Peter Bosz at Borussia Dortmund?

Last edited:

GateWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Having done a bit of research It seems that the signing of Alexandre Lacazette in the summer was a big part of the problems at Lyon, looks like he has unsettled their dressing room and moaning To the owners about the manager etc.

one worry is that he also moved a Midfielder to Centre Back (which sounds familiar) and that didn’t go down very well with the squad,

he seems to have a reputation of switching players positions although Nuno did that with Coady and that turned out OK.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Exactly this.

Not in a million years. Particularly when in a position that we are, where this appointment is absolutely vital.

We can't take stupid risks or give someone time etc. The next manager has to be spot on. In terms of getting the players onside and developing a better culture. Style of play. Enhancing the chances of Neves etc signing new deals.

This is what the likes of Shi are paid as well as he inevitably is for. We cannot gamble on managers like this and the majority of others we've been supposedly interested in. It's laughable really.
Would Nuno be on the running for any other PL jobs if they came up this week?

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Exactly may not work out but you don't get to manage the Ajax and Dortmund of this world if you have not done something right.
He played with Cruyff and interviews well. As a manager he's achieved bugger all with any of the clubs he's coached. He's no better than Eusebio Di Francesco.

De Zerbi is on an upward trajectory. He's won trophies, and recently. This guy is just another journeyman coach

MattH

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I'm whelmed by this. Not particularly excited or worried. Doubt it will work out terribly but its hardly inspiring is it?

Could be Bosz leaking that he's been interviewed rather than Wolves though. Doubt Edwards will have made a shortlist so if its Bosz and Nuno there may be another contender.

Direwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If I had to choose between this fella and Beale and Nuno it would be Bosz. I think he has the most attacking style. But am still hoping for someone like Amorim or Gallardo.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bale went from left back to striker, Joelinton from striker to CM, Coady CM to CB. Not against that, would just like a manager who knows how to put out a team that can attack and defend, and use some subs.
Saying that, some managers just walk into good jobs their whole career without actually doing anything of note. The Pochetino effect.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lumping everything on us to go down if this is the best we can muster. I've stuck up for the 'lack of football knowledge' at the club but if they can't see this guy isn't good enough I give up

Back
Top Bottom