Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves eye up summer transfer for £25million-rated Coventry striker Viktor Gyokeres

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Phil Spencer

Wolves are preparing a summer move for Coventry striker Viktor Gyokeres, talkSPORT understands.

The Premier League side are keen to bolster their attacking line and have the Championship hitman in their sights.

Gyokeres is regarded as one of the Championship’s best strikers
Getty

The Coventry forward is on Wolves’ list of potential summer targets
Getty

However any deal won’t be cheap with Coventry valuing their star man at £25million.

Gyokeres started his career in England by joining Brighton at the age of 20.

After making just eight appearances for the Seagulls, the Swedish striker spent time with FC St Pauli, Swansea and Coventry, who turned his loan deal into a permanent stay in the summer of 2021.

Since then, the 24-year-old has proven himself as one of the most lethal attackers in the EFL.

Gyokeres managed 18 goals and five assists for Coventry as they finished in 12th position in the Championship last campaign.

And this season he has kicked on even further with 21 goals and ten assists to all-but secure Mark Robins’ side a place in the play-offs.

A deal for the Swedish star could cost around £25million
Getty

Most read in Football​

Alonso on Spurs links, Liverpool step up Mac Allister interest, Haaland breaks record

Former Liverpool star emerges as serious contender for Tottenham job

Premier League duo target Torres, Phillips fights for future, Saints lose star in overhaul

The 6,000-calorie diet that has Haaland breaking records and left The Rock stunned

Liverpool 1-0 Fulham LIVE REACTION: Reds win fifth straight game to close gap on top four

Arsenal fans fume as summer target Rice misses West Ham's game against Man City

West Ham, Leeds and Burnley have also all been linked with a move in recent months.

Coventry will no doubt be keen to keep hold of the attacker, but given the level of Premier League interest, it seems that the Sky Blues may have to secure promotion themselves to have any chance of fending off the advances of others.

Speaking of his future last month to Aftonbladet, Gyokeres said: “Of course you want to play in the best leagues.

“But you have to take it after the season, now I just try to focus on Coventry and try to go up with them.

Only Middlesbrough’s Chuba Akpom has scored more than Gyokeres in the Championship this season
Getty

“But it is clear that I aim higher. Of course it would be nice to play there (the Premier League).

“But I don’t think about it too much. I can play in some other leagues too.”

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom