Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Why does Leandro Trossard do the ‘goggles’ celebration? In-form Arsenal star looking to make big impact at Euro 2024

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Martha Riley

Leandro Trossard has scored some crucial goals for Arsenal this season, and fans have grown used to his customary celebration too.

The Belgian attacker has found the net plenty of times this term, despite struggling for a starting role, cementing his ‘super sub’ status.

Getty
Trossard makes a ‘goggles’ gesture each time after scoring[/caption]
His strikes against Chelsea, Wolves and former club Brighton have seen him establish himself as a key member of Mikel Arteta‘s squad, as they target a first Premier League title since 2004.

And Trossard has developed a signature celebration to go with his impressive numbers, cupping his hands around his eyes after each goal to mimic the look of goggles.

With the 29-year-old set to feature for Belgium in the upcoming European Championship in Germany, he will be hoping the gesture becomes a regular sight over the summer.

Why does Leandro Trossard do the ‘goggles’ celebration?​

Trossard revealed in an interview with Football London after joining Arsenal from Brighton in January 2023 that his celebration is dedicated to his young son.

He explained: “It all started a bit more than a year ago, when I asked my son what celebration I would do.

“He told me to do that celebration, I think he [had] seen it on YouTube with a superhero. At that moment, I said, ‘okay, I will do it’.

“Now it’s a little thing between us. If I score, I do the celebration. I come home, he sees me and runs up to me and does the same thing. It’s a nice little thing between us and I’m enjoying it.”

The Genk youth product has 7 international goals to his name since making his Belgium debut in 2020, with his most recent strike coming in a 5-0 thrashing of Azerbaijan in November 2023.

Trossard has made 32 international appearances for Belgium
Getty

Having only played a small role in his country’s route to the quarter-finals at Euro 2020, where he made just one appearance, Trossard will be aiming to have a much bigger impact at Euro 2024.

With the Red Devils drawn in a group with Slovakia, Romania and Ukraine, the forward will fancy his chances of adding to his international tally as he lines up alongside stars such as Romelu Lukaku, Kevin De Bruyne and Jeremy Doku.

And fans can be sure to see Trossard wheel away in familiar style if he does find the back of the net for his nation in June.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom