Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Tournament During the World Cup?

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
According to Sports Witness.

In Turkey with Napoli, Palace and Antalyaspor

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
According to Sports Witness.

A chance for a new manager to implement his ideas and fresh approach....
Or rather a chance for some more humiliating defeats.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A chance for a new manager to implement his ideas and fresh approach....
Or rather a chance for some more humiliating defeats.
A fresh way to bleed the fans who are already overpaying to watch the ****e being served up as there is zero percent chance it is free……

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We need to use the break to have the squad work with a new coach to integrate the players we bought and try and get their heads sorted. I think the last thing they really need is the pressure of some competitive games during that break, with the risk of players picking up further injuries. This sounds like some scheme to get a tournament sponsor to fund a warm weather training camp in Turkey.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't have an issue with this IF THERE IS A NEW MANAGER AND COACHING TEAM IN PLACE as it will give everybody a break, everybody some decent weather to train in and hopefully the new man will get to take a look at what he's got.

How many players are we likely to have missing for the World Cup?

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
Well they ain't gonna be just doing training drills for nearly 7 weeks. So don't see the issue in this?
I've never really got my head round what you do with a break this length? Carry on training, or have a couple of weeks off and then a warm weather camp with some friendlies? Seems like maybe that's the plan. Guessing there will be lots of these going on (assuming it's correct).

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They would have been playing anyway if it wasn't for having a winter world cup. We've had players get injured training so they might as well have some friendly matches to keep them sharp. Well, maybe get a bit sharper than they have been this season

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
Ffs. They are not really competitive games are they?
It's just another pre-season. And surely a sign we will be getting a manager sooner rather than later.
I really hope so, it would be utter madness to appoint one for the first of January. Of all the things that we've messed up and all the bad luck, one thing that could potentially save us is the World Cup break. Get a new manager in as soon as we're done, give him 6 weeks with most of the squad and time to identify the signings he needs. Get transfers done early. Play like a top half side for the rest of the season. Anything else now is madness.

Reactions: Ned

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we use it to try different combos, get players fit and give some youngsters game time then I am all for it...

If we pick up injuries, then it was a rubbish idea and it was obviously Shi's idea.

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Better than having a few training sessions at Compton surely
Of course it is, some people are just so angry with the club about other things at the moment that even if they do something right it gets criticised.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We need to use the break to have the squad work with a new coach to integrate the players we bought and try and get their heads sorted. I think the last thing they really need is the pressure of some competitive games during that break, with the risk of players picking up further injuries. This sounds like some scheme to get a tournament sponsor to fund a warm weather training camp in Turkey.
It's a way to make more money. But I would rather watch Wolves in a meaningless tournament than that corrupt world cup in Qatar.

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Most teams will be playing friendlies during the world cup, how else do you keep your non-internationals match fit?

Reactions: Ned

WilkyWolf

Reaction score
I don’t understand why anybody would be against this - training isn’t the same as playing games - players need games to keep up some match fitness. Lots of teams are organising these types of tours to keep their teams sharp. I was wondering when wolves would announce it - if they didn’t it would have been more incompetence on behalf of the board - other teams playing games and staying sharp and our lads ****ing about playing head tennis at Compton.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some people will look on the negative side of anything - do you expect them to turn up for our first game after the World Cup having not played at alll for over a month?

If we haven’t appointed a new coach before this tournament in Turkey, how do you think it’s going to go? It will be a continuation of the defeats and poor performances in the PL, and the squad will be as demoralised and knackered as they are now.

Now if we’ve appointed a new coach before then, and the games are right at the end of the break after some time to freshen players up, get their heads right and work on tactics, then it’s a good idea.

But do I trust Shi to understand the difference? No, his focus will be on the income generated and covering the clubs costs during the break.

Wolvescol

Groupie
Reaction score
With confidence already low let’s hope we don’t meet Napoli, they will tear us to shreds

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ha ha, excellent. Now all the people who said it was sensible can say we're better off in a training camp and those saying it's a terrible idea can ask why we haven't got any match practice lined up. ;)

Either way, without a new coach in place before we go, it will be a waste of time.

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Personally I can’t believe we have planned this far in advance

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There’s a rumour this is now being moved from Turkey to Spain
Does anyone have any info on this please

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
I don't get the moaning. The world cup break is like a new pre season and we have a new manager, an opportunity to have a few friendlies to be able to do that is fantastic for us.
This it’ll be far better than sitting around in Compton
There is moaning for the sake of moaning

moseleyite

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't get the moaning. The world cup break is like a new pre season and we have a new manager, an opportunity to have a few friendlies to be able to do that is fantastic for us.
Yeah, I know we're probably concerned about things like the potential for (more!) injuries but, if your'e a newly appointed coach, I'd think that you appreciate the chance to try and imprint your ideas in some semi-competitive matches.

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This it’ll be far better than sitting around in Compton
There is moaning for the sake of moaning
Why would they be sitting around in Compton ?
Loads of teams will be available for friendlies.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Opportunity to put things into practice.. maybe even get Costa and the likes scoring some goals.

Of course it isn’t competitive Prem level, but there are still benefits to be had.

Back
Top Bottom