Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The Famous Five

Oldwolf

Reaction score
Not being at West Ham on Saturday and switched off the TV on the final whistle. I wondered who the 5 players were who went over to acknowledge the fans.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Good question. I know Campbell was one. I'd put money on the others being Neves, Costa, Moutinho and Kilman.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Neves was the only one who properly came over and clapped the fans rather than bending his walk a bit! He was very well received and seemed to genuinely appreciate that even the less happy ones gave him a good round of applause, God knows he's done everything he could. Now he's going to have his footballing Dad in charge and sign a 5 year contract, so it worked out OK for him!

Oldwolf

Reaction score
Costa was first. Then the five others I remember (Moutinho, Podence, Campbell, Kilman then Neves at the end).
Would expect nothing less of those 5, would have thought that Johnny and Sa may have shown their appreciation to the travelling fans as well.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ruben is absolute class isn't he? Not one of us will begrudge him a CL move in the summer. Preferably somewhere abroad. To quote me late Mam, we do seem to have a few "mardy arses" in the ranks.
Put it this way.. I wasn’t the least bit surprised with the 5 names (6 including Costa) who came over. They seem to be more connected to the club on social media also.. rather than their own personal careers.

Would love to see a few more of the team showcasing their commitment and determination on the pitch.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Regardless of what Mixers think of their footballing abilities, I would wager a few of the cast-offs - Ruddy, Coady and Saiss in particular - would also have joined them.

Goes to show that the new HC, whoever he will be, has a challenge to re-establish the great team spirit we had, IMV.

lycophilos

Reaction score
Regardless of what Mixers think of their footballing abilities, I would wager a few of the cast-offs - Ruddy, Coady and Saiss in particular - would also have joined them.

Goes to show that the new HC, whoever he will be, has a challenge to re-establish the great team spirit we had, IMV.

Had Coady still been around, I would be pretty sure that the whole team would have acknowledged the fans.

Don't be too hard on the new lads (Guedes, Nunes etc.). They weren't at Wolves under Nuno, and won't have experienced the very strong family/pack feeling he developed at the club, with the great assistance of Coady.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The rest should all donate their weeks wages to charity. An appalling attitude considering the efforts away fans had to make to get their.

I don't recall many coming over to the fans (apart from Sa and Coady) who'd made the trip to Portugal and spent their hard earned, but I won't lose any sleep about it and join the witch hunt. Think there's more important issues at the moment tbh.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't recall many coming over to the fans (apart from Sa and Coady) who'd made the trip to Portugal and spent their hard earned, but I won't lose any sleep about it and join the witch hunt. Think there's more important issues at the moment tbh.

I can see that, too. However, it's symptomatic of the deeper issues within the team. Unless you mean global political issues, which is a fair point, but then we may as well just stop all sport and games. Or donate some of the players wages to a solving some of those issues, perhaps?

I think it's indicative of the issues at the club, not to be easily ignored as insignificant. When players are into it, they don't need to be forced to acknowledge the fans. I understand it isn't easy to be motivated when you are already a multi-millionaire in your early 20's and it's very much a good managers job to deal with that.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Yes, I think it may be the biggest challenge at the moment. It's not as if we don't see far wealthier clubs spend loads on top players, who then fail to perform because they have zero team spirit. Man U, for example, though all clubs have phases of it. The difference is, when they have no team spirit, those clubs stumble along to 7th or 8th. For clubs in our position, you get relegated.

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

One of my lasting memories of Romain Saiss is at the full time whistle at the Wembley capitulation he collapsed to the floor in despair but then dragged himself over the fans to applaud us. So I would definately say he would have done so at West Ham.

The reaction of the Wolves fans on Saturday which was 100% justified backs up Roy Keane's theory than once the away support turn on the team the manager is as good as gone !

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
I think it's a bit harsh commenting on the likes of Guedes who had been subbed. The bench is a 5 minute walk to the pitch, never mind the away end. The bond between the players and the fans isn't what it was for sure, but then when they know how poor the team has been it's hard to trot over to some pretty unhappy fans.

Back
Top Bottom