Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Stadium Plans

Wandsworth Wolf

Reaction score
Same here. The Hayward Molineux though did have stands ridiculously far from the pitch, which I think often affects the atmosphere. Selhurst and the City Ground have worse individual stands but work better as grounds. Anfield, Villa Park and Hillsborough are great examples (obvious issues with the latter apart) of 4 stand, organically developed British-style grounds that are big and work.

The North Bank mark III rectified that to some extent, and a rebuilt Bully flush to the pitch would have Molineux looking great, with or without any extension to the South Bank. (A corner between those stands could house the singing/standing fans in J10.)
What’s always amazed me with Anfield, is how many seats are side-on, behind the goal line. So you spend the whole match with your head turned in one direction.

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
You can tell there's elections coming up, he's popping up everywhere, even saw him pictured outside the Hawthorns and regularly going on about Wolverhampton's new Transport Hub and of course crusading for the Crooked House rebuild. No mention of the region's pot hole crisis, but hey the football club's are doing bits, so he'll jump on that bandwagon.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nobody really needs a new car , you can get by with what you have unless its knackered. Some cars will do 100,000 miles.
Why do people buy new cars ?
I've nothing add re current Stadium plans, but would like to report that my 1.4 Petrol engine Golf has done 300,500 miles since I purchased it new in 2003.
And no clutch change yet as a bonus. :)

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've nothing add re current Stadium plans, but would like to report that my 1.4 Petrol engine Golf has done 300,500 miles since I purchased it new in 2003.
And no clutch change yet as a bonus. :)
I could understand announcing the milestone of 300,000 but 300,500 is a bit odd.

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was in two minds as to whether to post this but Wolves are getting a new stadium, just not the one we want. If you have any issues translating it on your browser of choice I can copy the odd extract from it.

"Chongqing Wolves permanent home groundbreaking ceremony! Will jointly build a national A-level e-sports stadium with Chongqing Bishan!"

"2024, Fosun Sports will start construction of the home stadium of Wolves e-sports club, which will open a new chapter of cooperation between Fosun Group and Chongqing in the fields of entertainment and sports innovation industries based on 22 years of cooperation.

It is reported that the total investment of the permanent home stadium of Chongqing Wolves reaches 300 million yuan, covering an area of 23.8 acres and a construction area of over 10,000 square meters. It includes functional areas such as competition area, backstage area, spectator area, and outfield area, and can accommodate 2,000 spectators at the same time. race. The overall shape of the venue adopts a geometric shape, which is very three-dimensional, and the iconic elements of the Chongqing Wolves team logo are incorporated into the design. The e-sports stadium is expected to be officially put into use at the end of this year. After completion, it is expected to host more than 50 high-profile e-sports events every year and attract more than 200,000 people to watch the games on site."

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was in two minds as to whether to post this but Wolves are getting a new stadium, just not the one we want. If you have any issues translating it on your browser of choice I can copy the odd extract from it.

"Chongqing Wolves permanent home groundbreaking ceremony! Will jointly build a national A-level e-sports stadium with Chongqing Bishan!"

"2024, Fosun Sports will start construction of the home stadium of Wolves e-sports club, which will open a new chapter of cooperation between Fosun Group and Chongqing in the fields of entertainment and sports innovation industries based on 22 years of cooperation.

It is reported that the total investment of the permanent home stadium of Chongqing Wolves reaches 300 million yuan, covering an area of 23.8 acres and a construction area of over 10,000 square meters. It includes functional areas such as competition area, backstage area, spectator area, and outfield area, and can accommodate 2,000 spectators at the same time. race. The overall shape of the venue adopts a geometric shape, which is very three-dimensional, and the iconic elements of the Chongqing Wolves team logo are incorporated into the design. The e-sports stadium is expected to be officially put into use at the end of this year. After completion, it is expected to host more than 50 high-profile e-sports events every year and attract more than 200,000 people to watch the games on site."
E-sports is supposedly getting a new stadium and you’ve posted it here, this’ll be fun.

1713261459039.gif

Bull Army

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
jiji.png

GV Wolf

Reaction score
Interesting image that.

Is that building joining the corner of the John Ireland and North bank?

You can see where it was going to fill the big empty space at the N/E end of the JI. I always wondered why that space was left unfinished / empty.
I posted this photo on the Old Molineux Photos thread some time ago - it shows the ground if all phases had been completed. Of course only phase 1, the Steve Bull stand was completed which is in the background in this photo.

IMG_3610.jpeg

Wandsworth Wolf

Reaction score
I posted this photo on the Old Molineux Photos thread some time ago - it shows the ground if all phases had been completed. Of course only phase 1, the Steve Bull stand was completed which is in the background in this photo.

View attachment 42054
Thanks for sharing. I've seen this image before - but never that previous one.
Looks like an outer building was proposed, wrapping around that corner (Top end of the Waterloo Road / South Bank corner). You can just about see it on this image too, on the right edge.
Or maybe a stepped area? Looks like a big drop.

Heartbreaking to think this model ended up in a skip.

I remember watching the JI being built.
As a 10 year old it was the biggest thing I'd ever seen in my life.
I was slightly obsessed with it, even then.

Last edited:

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score

View attachment 42054
That's a pic of the model they had made. I saw it on display in one of the two open days they had in the summers in the late 70's. Looked amazing, little did we think that in under 10 years it wouldn't be finished, would have led to us going bust and ending up in the 4 Division.

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If I was Fosun I would simply ask architects how can we add 10,000 to capacity without spending a fortune. There must be some low key solutions that would not break the bank. Putting aesthetic issues aside that is the immediate need and it is obvious any major schemes are impossible. There must be a middle way before parts of the ground start collapsing.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score

View attachment 42121
This sort of stuff messes with my head a bit.

Build a huge ground and none of the cost of that build counts against FFP, but all of the income it generates counts towards it. Same principle with the Chelsea hotel and when they bulldoze the Chelsea Pensioners' Home. That doesn't sound like an entirely fair system!

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What’s the priority though? Steve Bull stand and south bank or moving away from Molineux. Only Fosun and the council know the answers to this.

Believe it when we see it

Back
Top Bottom