Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Petition to stop VAR

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
100%. I was watching MoTD and I couldn't believe what I saw. Onana charges out and polaxes the opposition player with his flailing elbow, getting nowhere near the ball and it's immediately and correctly given as a penalty. Exactly what he did to Shasa on the opening day of the season, even in the same minute of the game, about a minute from FT. Not given in our case. The inconsistency is absolutely staggering. **** VAR and **** these utterly clueless referees.
BSK. How you are posting tells us on here all that we need to know about VAR being wrong. You have been on this forum for years and been watching Wolves since God's dog was a puppy. You have always posted well reasoned and argued posts. VAR has got you not wanting to bother with football. If this is a scenario that is repeated up and down the country how can folks argue that VAR has improved football? Its so sad that the emotion and spontaneity of the sport has been taken from the fan

EastDorsetWolf

Reaction score
Listening to that it will just ruin the game completely if its allowed to continue. It has made the PGMOL all powerful and the longer it goes on the harder it will be to wrench it away from them. They are basically manipulating the result. In my view, for what its worth, neither of those were right. Its enough to make you weep!

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One of many right rickets in our matches this season. Funny how they almost always go against us rather than for us…
Rickets is a nasty disease, Sussex.

Once you’ve got it, it’s difficult to get rid of! :)

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When we scored today I found our response with the build up to kicking the game off again was more effective than anything a petition would achieve. Imagine something like that on a grander scale in front of the camera's.
Problem is not even mentioned anywhere! No one cares until it happens to a big 6 team

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rickets is a nasty disease, Sussex.

Once you’ve got it, it’s difficult to get rid of! :)
I was wondering what "a right ricket" was? Is the quote correct and if so is Mike Dean now making up his own words as well as making up the rules as he goes?

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think we all realise there's too much money in VAR for them to get rid of it..
**** the money!

It’s the integrity of the great game and the £billions that it generates that is being anffected. Every week VAR throws up problem after problem and it is only used in Premier League games. What if it was operated in all English Leagues? It would be an absolute shambles imo.

VAR can be and should be binned. The incompetents that operate it can get jobs as bin collectors and contribute to their local communities instead of ruining football in the way it should be played and being handsomely paid for it. PGMOL should be binned as well. Let’s get back to one referee, 2 linesmen and a fourth official and the free flowing, exciting game where the onfield decisions stick and only take a couple of seconds to decide.

Sweden have started the ball rolling by refusing to adopt it, so it isn’t compulsory. If it isn’t compulsory, it can be binned imo. The sooner, the better.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Sky highlight 3 times only 1 penalty given.
Who were the other 2 against!! Check club badge, check complete it’s wolves no penalty repeat no penalty!! 2 points lost out on to United this season then

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Eh?

This isn't really relevant to VAR.

What do you want from this? Wolves were cheated, so Burnley should be cheated as well.

That's not how it works. They made a mistake by not giving us a penalty. They apologised. They didn't make that mistake again when basically the same incident happened, which is good.
What do I want? I want VAR completely abolished, like 95% of the posters on here. The technology in itself is not the problem, it's the misuse and the selective use of it that are the problem as this has introduced yet more avenues for incompetent officials to make yet more mistakes.

groundhogwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Swedish FA decide not to introduce VAR after fans and teams vote against it.

WorcesterWanderer

Reaction score
Before I went to my first match I used to think that the real problem was the officials, not VAR. My opinion changed as soon as our goals were ruled out. It has to go. On Twitter (and this isn't a slight against them) I have noticed that a lot of VAR supporters seem to be those who follow Sky 6 clubs and maybe haven't been to a game yet. Just an observation!

Decisions against your club are seemingly way more painful when you are sitting in the stadium.

What I will say is that yesterday was the best match I have watched in ages. Just pure joy in my house, I loved being able to celebrate without any underlying anxiety. We need that back.

WorcesterWanderer

Reaction score

Was chuffed when I saw this. Good for them.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What do I want? I want VAR completely abolished, like 95% of the posters on here. The technology in itself is not the problem, it's the misuse and the selective use of it that are the problem as this has introduced yet more avenues for incompetent officials to make yet more mistakes.

That’s different to the discussion I was bringing up. Moaning that Burnley were rightly given a penalty isn’t fair. This was VAR working how it should.

I don’t really disagree with the last bit.The officials need to improve.

groundhogwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was chuffed when I saw this. Good for them.
We all know its about money and ultimatly controlling the outcome, amazed that we have survived all these years in the Premier league when we are consistently at the top of the VAR pile of poor decisions, we have lived with a points reduction almost every season, this one has just been more obvious.

WorcesterWanderer

Reaction score
We all know its about money and ultimatly controlling the outcome, amazed that we have survived all these years in the Premier league when we are consistently at the top of the VAR pile of poor decisions, we have lived with a points reduction almost every season, this one has just been more obvious.
If Shi has reason to believe that VAR could have an impact on the club's profits then something could happen.

If we were to have an awful start next year, a heap of bad VAR calls could cause big, big trouble for us.

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Problem is not even mentioned anywhere! No one cares until it happens to a big 6 team
Could try and get the stadium in silence untill the match was allowed to re start?

Then celebrate?

Madmalc

Reaction score
Singing 'Why are we waiting!' and 'You'll never walk again!' might express feelings a little better..

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That penalty had me fuming. Yes , I’m glad it went against United, but the incident with Sasa was identical.

Difference is that the referee went to the monitor
Hooper, who was the ref for our game, was the strongest voice against a penalty. No way was that useless heap of crap ever going to the monitor.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think the only VAR decision against a big 6 club in our favour was when we beat city 3-2 at home? Sent off the keeper ??????

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think the only VAR decision against a big 6 club in our favour was when we beat city 3-2 at home? Sent off the keeper ??????
Did VAR got involved MEW?

Referee Martin Atkinson pulled red card immediately from his pocket and sent Ederson off.

What a great game that was, btw.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
MOTD pundits not happy with VAR again after the Villa Chelsea game. “Get rid of it” says Ian Wright. Meanwhile Neville and Carragher will keep sticking up for their mate Webb.
Neville and Carragher are members of the paid cheer leaders of SKY, what do you expect? Turkeys don't usually vote for an early Christmas

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
BSK. How you are posting tells us on here all that we need to know about VAR being wrong. You have been on this forum for years and been watching Wolves since God's dog was a puppy. You have always posted well reasoned and argued posts. VAR has got you not wanting to bother with football. If this is a scenario that is repeated up and down the country how can folks argue that VAR has improved football? Its so sad that the emotion and spontaneity of the sport has been taken from the fan
I don't think the PL give a flying **** about people in my age group, mate. In their eyes we are the past not the future. The past wasn't perfect by any stretch of the imagination -- there were terrible refs then too. But the re-reffing of the game is on a different level of awfulness. What Postecoglu said yesterday on the subject was spot on, and he isthe first PL manager I have heard openly condemning the Stockley Park portacabin out of hand.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Could try and get the stadium in silence untill the match was allowed to re start?

Then celebrate?
I thought how the crowd reacted on Saturday with a low continuous growl from the time the ball hit the net to when the game restarted, then a big ironic roar at the kick off was perfect! Do it again and again and again every match and they will sit up and start taking notice!

loppers86

Reaction score
part of the problem is it has introduced a lot more officials who are both incompetent and have a unconscious bias to sky 6 clubs.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Good for them. They had a vote. We live in the land of 'Do as you are told'.

Watfordfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Don't know how much difference it would have made and Spurs could do better but Ben White did seem to bump the Spurs goalie out of the way for that Arsenal 3rd goal which was from about 3 yeards..

Some might have looked at that more closely.

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Who wants this?

I would rather on field decisions be wrong than this. Even after all that line drawing, for me it’s neither a pen or offside.

As it’s been said a thousand times, the game has survived this long because of singular moments of ecstasy. It’s a low scoring, contact sport. Take those elements away and there’s nothing left.

****ing boring.
Boring and WRONG !

Back
Top Bottom