Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Out on a limb

silverwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Ok so I know we haven’t played particularly well in the first 6 games……however we could very easily be on double our points total had we managed to finish some of our chances.

Now this post may be a little premature (particularly given rumblings regarding an injury to Sasa), but I feel I have seen enough of the league this year to suggest that we will do quite well. I’m going to predict that we finish 7-9th.

Are we all as doom and gloom as the recent match day threads suggest or does anyone else feel that actually we’re underperforming and when we find our groove, we’ll climb the table.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Personally I think Bruno makes the sum of the parts worse by over complicating things.
IF it all clicks we could do very well.
Just not sure yet, and I think best case scenario we’ll be half way through season before any “clicking” happens.
Would be delighted with 10th. Expecting a little lower.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
I think you've gone out on a limb, then moved on to a branch, then a twig and you're now dangling from the end of a tiny leaf. I think we've got pretty much what we deserve so far (maybe a tad lucky yesterday).

I do think we're underperforming given the talent we have at our disposal, but I'm not sure if that's a positive!

silverwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think you've gone out on a limb, then moved on to a branch, then a twig and you're now dangling from the end of a tiny leaf. I think we've got pretty much what we deserve so far (maybe a tad lucky yesterday).

I do think we're underperforming given the talent we have at our disposal, but I'm not sure if that's a positive!
It’s all fine margins….and to think we’ve quite a few players who have yet to be fully integrated, I feel the reasons for optimism, outweigh the negative.

But I do concede that Bruno has some work to do.

Streathamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s all fine margins….and to think we’ve quite a few players who have yet to be fully integrated, I feel the reasons for optimism, outweigh the negative.

Agreed. Re your last sentence all managers do of course, especially after a big turnover of players. I am optimistic although the injury to Sasa is horrendous news.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

So has just about every club we've played. The season start is always a bit topsy-turvy as new lineups settle. It's not just us. Would expect the likes of Liverpool and Chelsea to start picking up at some point, for example.

It's not like there aren't other forwards managing to score in their first few games for other clubs. Maybe other clubs are better at whatever it takes to integrate new players? It's been a bit of a feature for us for a while.

silverwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Agreed. Re your last sentence all managers do of course, especially after a big turnover of players. I am optimistic although the injury to Sasa is horrendous news.
Yes if only I’d waited a tad longer to post my thread…..I’d have changed the title to out on a leaf…

I still feel despite this that we will do much better than is being currently predicated by some on here.

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think everysingle game we've played this season we look great for the first 20/30 minutes then gradually get worse as the game progresses. Based on first halves we'd probably be top, based on second halves then bottom. Connundrum is that down to the manager or players reverting to playing safe?

Elvis Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ok so I know we haven’t played particularly well in the first 6 games……however we could very easily be on double our points total had we managed to finish some of our chances.

Now this post may be a little premature (particularly given rumblings regarding an injury to Sasa), but I feel I have seen enough of the league this year to suggest that we will do quite well. I’m going to predict that we finish 7-9th.

Are we all as doom and gloom as the recent match day threads suggest or does anyone else feel that actually we’re underperforming and when we find our groove, we’ll climb the table.
Also I fancy us for a good Cup Run. Either League or FA. Either would do !!

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

No.

R

reanswolf

I think everysingle game we've played this season we look great for the first 20/30 minutes then gradually get worse as the game progresses. Based on first halves we'd probably be top, based on second halves then bottom. Connundrum is that down to the manager or players reverting to playing safe?
I agree with this, we start ok but gradually wind down to the point we are desperately hanging on. I think it will take several games until the new lads come up to speed. We need to cut them some slack though it’s scary to watch.

Bruno is still on trial for me, his reluctance to bring on subs in the Newcastle game really disappointed me, but maybe he is still learning what his squad can and can’t do himself .

Back
Top Bottom