Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Man City Vs Wolves Preview

• Thread starter Football-addict
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Football-addict

If we get 4 points from the final three games, we’ll have a chance of finishing in the top half.

That’s a big ask with Liverpool and in-form Palace on the horizon after this almost certain defeat.

Nothing to lose – how high can we finish?

We can still finish as low as 14th but with a six point buffer to Palace, you’d hope we might just see them off. Even if they beat us they’ve got Villa and Man Utd to navigate.

Fulham, three points back, have more winnable games against Brentford and Luton but both of those are away and their last home game is against City.

Brighton, two points back with a game in hand will have to improve on their recent form to get anything from Villa, Newcastle, Chelsea and Man Utd.

Bournemouth are two points ahead and in great form but Arsenal, Brentford and Chelsea isn’t an easy run-in. West Ham remain just about catchable with Chelsea, Luton and City left to play.

Man City​

Wolves home, Fulham away, Spurs away, West Ham home – win all four and win the title. I think they’ll do it.

The difference between City and the others is they lock in and improve in the crunch moments. I’ve seen nothing to suggest that won’t be the case again.

City have won their last 5 in the league since the draw with Arsenal

I thought they might have a game on their hands against Forest last weekend on that tight City Ground pitch, but they found their way through with a degree of comfort in the end.

Ederson might be out for the season, which is a blow when small margins can make the difference at this stage, but they’re so dominant with the ball I’d be surprised if that was the case.

With De Bruyne up to speed, Foden playing the best football of his career and Haaland back amongst the goals, they have the full artillery primed and ready.

They’re undefeated at The Etihad this season but have drawn 5 matches. Another draw in their final two would certainly feel like a defeat.

Wolves​

Tommy Doyle has signed permanently from City this morning, which is one of the more straightforward decisions for such a nominal fee. That 50% sell on clause might bite us though. He’s still ruled out tomorrow against his parent club.

The above graphic actually isn’t correct. I’d expect Boubacar Traore to retain his place in the midfield as we look to close those spaces that City do their most devastating work.

I hope Santi Bueno is back as we need all the bonafide defenders we can get here.

Cunha and Hwang will be willing chasers when we can get a break of the ball and there have been noises that Pedro Neto could be closing on a return. Gary will confirm or deny this later.

Predictions​

Well done to West Parkian, St.Kitts Wolves, Dek, Wokywolf, Wokingham Welsh Wolf, Rich, Prawny, Cheeseburger of Death, Steppenwolfe and Happy Claptrap who all correctly predicted the 2-1 win over Luton.

I struggle to see us having the defensive resilience to cope with what’s coming here, so I must predict defeat. I’m looking beyond the result at how the team is setup and how the players apply themselves to the challenge. There haven’t been many no-shows this season, but even if we play well, it’s a big ask. I’ll give us a goal. 3-1 City.

As always, if you'd like to join in with the Prediction League this season, it's simple – just leave your prediction in the comment section below using the boxes provided. Then repeat for every preview article throughout the season, making sure you always use the same email address to make your prediction. Your email is what ties you to your overall score.

Up The Wolves!

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom