Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Lady Luck

woop woop barmy army

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes we are being run very poorly but we’ve had some real bad luck also.

Surely can not carry on this way

Sa broken wrist
Neto injury
Raul injury
Chiquinho injury
Kalajdzic injury

Also Nelson and Hwang in and out.

Then there is a dam unlucky the hall not going in costa when it hit james Justin back leg and v palace just wide of the post. Neves hitting the post. The hand ball on another day a penalty.

When our luck changes one or 2 of these go in and its a different game.

I know we’re in a tough spell but let’s try and stay positive.

Wolves ay we

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
You’re right, with just little changes in games we could easily have another 7/8 points this season, and we’d be what 11th maybe? But if we were maybe, Lage would still be in charge and there wouldn’t be the scrutiny on Shi and Sellars. This bad run of form has exposed the people running us.

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Every team has injuries.

Most teams have the back room staff with enough brains to account for such a situation.

Jay Jay de Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Sa broken wrist
Neto injury
Raul injury
Chiquinho injury
Kalajdzic injury

Then there is a dam unlucky the hall not going in costa when it hit james Justin back leg and v palace just wide of the post. Neves hitting the post. The hand ball on another day a penalty.

Wolves ay we
Nothing to do with luck when it comes to most of those players in list there. The medical staff are to blame for most of those players serious injuries being worsened by letting them play on for another 10 to 15 minutes with Neto and Sasa when they should have pulled them straight off. Raul played games when they knew he had a groin injury. What other club would let a goalkeeper play with a broken wrist???
These are millions of pounds worth of players they are gambling their football careers with?

Last edited:

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unfortunately we had plenty of luck for the past two years in terms of on the pitch.

We finished above where we should've. Now we're below where we should be...

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
We have been hugely unlucky in terms of injuries to key players.

Frighteningly though, if it wasn’t for Che Adams making the worst miss I have ever seen in professional football and Sa saving two penalties, we could have been on 4 points from 12 games.

Still think the situation is retrievable but there haven’t been many games this year where the result hasn’t matched the performance and we have got less than we deserved.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nothing to do with luck when it comes to most of those players in list there. The medical staff are to blame for most of those players injuries being worse by letting them play on for another 10 to 15 minutes with Neto and Sasa when they should have pulled them straight off. Raul played games when they knew he had a groin injury. What other club would let a goalkeeper play with a broken wrist???
These are millions pounds worth of players they are gambling with?
Medical staff only make recommendations and its up to managers and players to listen to them. Although it could be that the recommendations are crap.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We've had some bad luck, yes, but the manner of our performers lead me to deduce we are where we should be in the table.

If Johnson had scored his penalty and Che Adams hadn't somehow missed an open goal 1 yard out, we would have 5 points.

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You could also flip that around with MGW missing pretty much an open goal against Fulham, Dendonker missing from a yard out and Raul a pretty easy 1 on 1 that would have been another 5 points for us.

I don't think we've been unlucky , I think poorly coached and miss managed for the top , the players are probably pretty low on confidence and not getting a new manager in straight away is going to seal our relegation , not unlucky all self caused.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You could also flip that around with MGW missing pretty much an open goal against Fulham, Dendonker missing from a yard out and Raul a pretty easy 1 on 1 that would have been another 5 points for us.

I don't think we've been unlucky , I think poorly coached and miss managed for the top , the players are probably pretty low on confidence and not getting a new manager in straight away is going to seal our relegation , not unlucky all self caused.
I think it’s all self belief/confidence.. a confident Costa could have had 5 goals by now.

The beauty of confidence is it can change quite quickly.. but, it usually needs an event, or change of circumstances to turn.. and the confidence issue seems to be across most of the squad currently.

It’s a tricky one.. no point giving up.. but hearing were not going to change our circumstances until 2023 has severely impacted my belief that it will change soon enough.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You don't go joint bottom of the league by bad luck. We can point to luck and injuries (which is only about luck in part), but we've had the good luck of Jose Sa going the right way twice. Without that, we'd be 5 points adrift of safety already.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score

Sa broken wrist
Neto injury
Raul injury
Chiquinho injury
Kalajdzic injury

Wolves ay we
Wow, I thought I could clutch at straws!

Sa has played on with his broken wrist and done fine (although not worked the miracles of last season) including 2 penalty saves that gained us 3 of our 9 points!

Neto hasn't recovered from his old injury, we aren't really weakened by his absence or the decision to get him to play on at West Ham.

Raul was injured 2 years ago, the stuff this season is really just an indication he's never been right since.

Chicquino was a raw but exciting talent, I'd love to have him available yes.

Kalajdic already did a cruciate with no contact, I'm sorry, but there's every indication he's made of glass.

Still you're right, stay positive!

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The number of times I read "If only Neves hadn't hit the post, we'd have gone in at half time 2-0 up against Palace". Yet no mention of Palace hitting the post in the first five minutes. Lady luck appears to be cherry picking!

We are where we are because we aren't good enough. The point of football is to score goals and we are the worst in the league at it. Well, the worst in just about *every* league at it. Being in denial is a strong pull. And you have to be in denial, with 3 pairs of gold tinted spectacles, blinkers to avoid every watching other team who are genuinely good and probably high on something, to not see the reality of the past year.

Seriously, though, it does seem that we've been denied good football for so long, many of our supporters have forgotten what it looks like, hence the straw clutching.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not unlucky when you
Rush players back
Don't take a player off with a serious injury off straight away
Play players carrying injuries
And Bruno;s training regime which no doubt caused muscle tightness that makes players more vulnerable especially to hamstring problems.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sure there are a few contributing unfortunate factors to us being so **** this season.

But most of them just scream of the type of luck teams that are going down have.

Having no fit striker though that’s not down to luck, that’s just down to monumentally poor management.

Back
Top Bottom