Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Jurgen Klopp takes aim at TNT Sports in explosive rant and vows never to watch again

• Thread starter Jack Cunningham
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jack Cunningham

Jurgen Klopp let rip on TNT Sports in a fiery rant about Premier League clubs being ‘overworked’.

The Liverpool boss has been a long-term critic of fixture scheduling, particularly the 12.30 kick-off on Saturday.

Klopp won’t miss the early kick-offs
X @LFC

And as he prepares to leave the club at the end of the season, Klopp unloaded his thoughts about the congested English schedule.

Speaking at a press conference on Friday, he said: “I had a discussion only the other day with colleagues from my favourite TV channel that I definitely will not watch again, TNT, and the conversation I have is always, ‘They pay you, they give money to football’. It is not like that, I see it the other way around: football pays them.

“It is not like TNT or Sky are not doing extremely well. They have to become a partner of football again and not a squeezer.

“Years ago we had four English teams in [European] quarter-finals and then we take that and say, ‘It’s the quality of the Premier League’ and let’s make more of it but you have to change that approach.

“You always think when I speak about it it is because of our last situation, the last game (a 1230 kick-off at West Ham) but it is a general problem.

“They dare to give us Thursday-Sunday-Wednesday-Saturday 12.30 – it’s a crime! I was waiting for Amnesty International to go to them.”

Klopp believes the organisers of English football and the broadcasters must take responsibility for the nation’s lack of success on the European stage this season.

He added: “Aston Villa lost last night 4-2 means that if they go out then no English team is in any European final.

Aston Villa’s 4-2 defeat at home to Olympiakos in the Europa Conference League semi-final sparked Klopp into life
Getty

“You will all talk about it if you don’t decrease the intensity for the players. If you make of that fact that English teams are not in a final (because) we all underperformed, I am not sure about that.

“That might be in moments – us against Atalanta – but in general, I watch a lot of football all over the world and the Premier League is the best league in the world.

“That (Manchester) City and Arsenal are out in the quarter-finals, it is just not a reflection, that we are out in the quarter-finals is not a real reflection of quality but that we could not deliver on the day we had to.

“It is not overrated, it is overworked. Easy as that. You can talk about that until everyone realises that but someone obviously needs to help the people. That is a little advice from an old man on the way out.”

See More Tables See Full Table

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom