Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

JONZY54 - Ref Watch v Villa

Netherton Wolf

Reaction score
Referee: Paul Tierney. Assistants: Scott Ledger, Steve Meredith. Fourth official: Matt Donohue. VAR: Peter Bankes. Assistant VAR: Nick Greenhalgh.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The worst ref in the league by a long way

Quite how he is still a ref after that forest Liverpool “mistake” is a joke

Bryce

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That’s about as ok as we can get .

glorybox

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One of those refs that favours the big teams so we should be fine.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I still don’t think it was a free kick leading to there first goal
I'm inclined to agree but can also see why it could be given. We would have doubtless expected it to be given to us in similar circumstances. It certainly wasn't an outrageous decision.

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm inclined to agree but can also see why it could be given. We would have doubtless expected it to be given to us in similar circumstances. It certainly wasn't an outrageous decision.
Yep agree it wasn’t an outrageous decision but I still think a lot of refs wouldn’t gave given it, it was bang in line with my seat and I was fuming when the ref give it

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought at the time it wasn't a free kick and there were 3 or 4 other important decisions that went against us and shifted the momentum of the game. Its inconsistencies that are annoying.

QB Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He certainly favoured Villa, inconsistent with bookings and no way a free kick for the goal, but still needed to defend better.

Parkfieldswolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He appeared to give Villa slightly more than us but overall it was just another below average, inconsistent refereeing performance that have sadly become the norm. A radical overhaul of officiating needs to take place but it won’t. The status quo will be kept as it is.

Saltyjim

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Villa are very good at buying cheap free kicks and Tierney (and to be fair some of our players) were very happy to oblige. Sadly one of those led to their first goal, but we got caught out from a similar move that Coventry had success with.

Back
Top Bottom