Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

If injuries mean we keep our stars…

If we could keep this group together would you be happy to go again with this team as is?

• Yes, absolutely there is too much quality in this team - we’ve just been really unlucky with injury

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • We need a couple of additions to supplement what we have but then we’re good

Votes: 29 52.7%
  • There needs to be a change in leadership on the pitch with further additions coming in to support.

Votes: 12 21.8%
  • I’m expecting several outgoings and we need to replace.

Votes: 11 20.0%
  • Other - please state

Votes: 2 3.6%

• Total voters

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With the terrible news for Pedro Neto in regards to yet another injury, and Hwang’s seemingly perpetual hamstring issues, amplified further by Cunha being injured, it got me thinking.

I’m not sure whether clubs will be willing to spend big money on our stars this summer; certainly many of our supporters would be pointing to their injury absences if we were signing them from somewhere else.

Hypothetically then, if nobody is willing to spend what we’d demand, this could benefit us by being able to hold onto Neto, Hwang, Cunha longer than expected.

With this in mind and looking ahead, especially given the rather brilliantly unexpected we’ve had so far to next season, would you be happy to go again with this team next season?

Provided we clear some players who are not contributing to WWFC right now (Guedes, Podence, Silva to name a few) and bring in another striker and a further back up, I kind of already feel excited by what could be achievable.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd rather we sell Neto for £50m+ to be honest. He's been fantastic for us but he's usually only available for half a season at most. Not of huge help to us.

Undoubtedly, we do need to rid ourselves of the deadwood, even though it will mean making huge losses on the likes of Guedes and Silva. Certainly serves as a useful reminder with regard to Shi's incompetence.

GON deserves some decent backing in the summer, he's had to work with another coach's squad all season and a threadbare one at that. Whether FOSUN will provide that backing, I'm not so sure. Seemed to have lost a bit of interest since COVID.

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neto’s value clearly diminished despite a great start to season. May still be sold but initial fee will now be much lower and lots of add-ons unless he comes back before end of season.

RAN most likely to go based on current form and injuries to Neto.

Semedo also a likely exit as one year left on contract (I think) and playing well.

Gut feel we’ll see Semedo, RAN and Traore go from first team squad at Wolves (plus Guedes, Podence, Hoever and Cundle). Sarabia also possible. Lemina extension to contract and Doyle signed. Squad then

GK - Sa, Bentley, King
Def - Bueno, Doc, Lembikisa, Toti, Dawson, Bueno, Kilman, Mosquera
Mid - Lemina, Doyle, Gomes, Hodge
For - Sarabia, Cunha, Hwang, Neto, Silva, (Fraser, Chiwome)

Would then need a WB, Midfielder and CF.

Going to be an interesting Summer.

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Mosquera could be very good next season, by the way. Been great in Spain - good in duels, quick, physical. Just what we need.
I agree - although transferring to the premier league is going to be a real challenge for him.

Willywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neto’s value clearly diminished despite a great start to season. May still be sold but initial fee will now be much lower and lots of add-ons unless he comes back before end of season.

RAN most likely to go based on current form and injuries to Neto.

Semedo also a likely exit as one year left on contract (I think) and playing well.

Gut feel we’ll see Semedo, RAN and Traore go from first team squad at Wolves (plus Guedes, Podence, Hoever and Cundle). Sarabia also possible. Lemina extension to contract and Doyle signed. Squad then

GK - Sa, Bentley, King
Def - Bueno, Doc, Lembikisa, Toti, Dawson, Bueno, Kilman, Mosquera
Mid - Lemina, Doyle, Gomes, Hodge
For - Sarabia, Cunha, Hwang, Neto, Silva, (Fraser, Chiwome)

Would then need a WB, Midfielder and CF.

Going to be an interesting Summer.
After the season he’s had, I could see interest in Semedo and think it would be a shame to see him leave; he’s usually very good in 1v1 duals.

I agree though. I think the fullback areas are where we could see players leaving and Lembikisa, Doc, H Bueno are not going to drive us forward from where we are imo. Mosquera may come good, but it is a relative unknown as to whether he could adapt and stand up to the rigour of the premier league.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I feel for Neto if he was looking forward to moving up to a CL side and his plans/hopes are all dashed because of this injury.
Deep in the fantasy part of my brain, I hope he loves Wolves and provided we can give him a pay raise that he likes, then he’ll stay.
I

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I feel for Neto if he was looking forward to moving up to a CL side and his plans/hopes are all dashed because of this injury.
Deep in the fantasy part of my brain, I hope he loves Wolves and provided we can give him a pay raise that he likes, then he’ll stay.
I
Pedro seems more ambitious and mercenary than Ruben to me and even the latter didn't stay....

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We obviously need at least 3 more quality player even if no one leaves this summer
A striker for sure,CB and midfielder
If it was possible i would say 5 more for strength in depth
I very much doubt the finances are or will be there though, and we will end up with one or two

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I
No one will buy Neto this summer. Tring has said on here from personal experience that hamstrings are basically unreliable things and if I read it correctly can go at any time esp if you have had problems with them. With that in mind I just wonder if Neto will ever get an injury free season? A lot of these threads are repeating themselves tbh but if we could say sell Hwang and Kilman and keep the rest (+ the loanees) that would do me.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Pedro seems more ambitious and mercenary than Ruben to me and even the latter didn't stay....
Yes, much as I love Neto, he's got very much an 'it's all about me' body language. He must have been gutted, but just walking off the pitch last week sort of summed him up. Ruben might not have been loyal enough to stay, or given the finances maybe he was loyal enough to leave.

BCWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neto's going nowhere if he's crocked. Maybe next January if he comes back strong next August.

Sell Kilman, Hwang, Mosquera, Fabio and Sasa.

Otherwise it's one or both of RAN and J. Gomes.

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we sell three we need five in and not two of those five who aren’t ever going to play (e.g Noah) but players like Doyle who are regular starters and can do something different.

Our squad is too small for the way we play and we need players who can rotate in and out of that across all areas of the team, not bringing in youngsters who are just not ready and wondering why they don’t perform

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I still think one of the big 6 will take a chance on Neto. If he’s used less frequently and not over played he could see out a full season. But would he be happy being used as a rotation player.

WorcesterWanderer

Reaction score
We can't move forward with players who are always injured. We could have Messi in his pomp, if he missed most of our games there'd be no point.

Pains me to say it but we should probably move Neto and Hwang on to bring the overall level of the squad up.

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd be cautious in signing either Neto or Hwang if I was a manager of a club that showed previous interest in them.

Cunha, RAN and Gomes would be my new targets.

I think we might now keep hold of the first two and lose at least one of the last three. Nobody with an eye on the title, or even just CL qualification, is going to risk blowing £40m plus on a player who'll likely only play half a season.

I'd rather us lose both Neto and Hwang at knockdown prices if it meant keeping Cunha, RAN and Gomes for another season. I wasn't seeing it as the end of the world when Neves left and feel similarly about Neto and Hwang.

It helps that I trust our recruitment team to find more cheap jewels and trust Gary O'Neil to polish them to an expensive sparkle.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hobbs has said we are self sufficient

We are reliant on selling players to move forward……

Neto will leave no matter his injuries
RAN probably too unfortunately

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hobbs has said we are self sufficient

We are reliant on selling players to move forward……

Neto will leave no matter his injuries
RAN probably too unfortunately
Who will buy Neto for the right value now though?

This cannot be another jota deal

Kilman must be first out the door if we have to raise funds

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well if the season has taught us anything it’s that we can play and win without our best players.

Although l do think we have been riding our luck recently and yesterday it kind of came home to roost.

Selling the crocks would preferable but as most have pointed out, unlikely

waggys left foot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't forget new FFP rules where spending is related to turnover -exact % is being kept under wraps for commercial reasons.

Time to expand capacity at the Mol

I would sell Hwang ,Kilman,Fabio,Guedes ,Giles,Podence -write off Sasa and other loanees

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Guedes has a decent record at villareal. We could surely get the book fee of 13 million back?

Back
Top Bottom