Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Harry Kane has Premier League record in his sights as Tottenham star surpasses Wayne Rooney for goals with Crystal Palace winner

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

Phil Spencer

Harry Kane has moved clear of Wayne Rooney in the list of the Premier League’s all-time top goalscorers as he secured a crucial win for Tottenham.

The Spurs striker went into the clash with Crystal Palace on 208 top flight goals, a tally shared with Everton and Manchester United legend Rooney.

Getty

The forward opened the scoring against Crystal Palace
Getty

However, Kane now holds second spot in the rankings after scoring the only goal in a 1-0 victory over the Eagles.

It was a classic Kane finish as he latched onto the end of a Pedro Porro cross to put Spurs ahead and ultimately secure a crucial win.

As well as having the potential to be a massive goal in the context of Tottenham’s season, it has done wonders for his legacy as well.

That effort was the 29-year-old’s 209th in the top flight, putting him firmly in second spot in the table.

Spurs’ star man will have the Premier League record in his sights, however he will face a long road if he’s to take the title.

The record is currently held by Newcastle United legend Alan Shearer who boasts a staggering 260 goals to his name.

Most read in Football​

I played under Lampard but I'm more likely to fight him than say hello if I saw him

Wrexham players 'forced' into Vegas trip welcomed poolside and party with Steve Aoki

Man United legend clashes with player who scored stoppage-time winner and sparks melee

Liverpool 1-0 Brentford LIVE REACTION: Reds close gap to Man United with another win

Wolves fan demands apology from Agbonlahor after Villa legend 'slagged them off'

Guardiola rages at Haaland from touchline after Gundogan's penalty miss
How do we keep Harry Kane at Spurs I can’t imagine a team without him #Spurs

— Jamie Ohara (@Mrjamieohara1) May 6, 2023

It was also a goal that sparked reaction from Tottenham favourite Jamie O’Hara.

The talkSPORT presenter tweeted: How do we keep Harry Kane at Spurs, I can’t imagine a team without him.”

Of course, O’Hara is referencing the ongoing speculation around Kane’s future with the striker having just over a year left on his contract.

Manchester United and Bayern Munich have both been linked with a move for the player, with suggestions that he may look to finally leave Spurs this summer.

Spurs’ fans will be praying that the striker sticks around this summer
Getty

While it’s unclear what Kane’s plans for the summer will be, there’s no doubting that the north London side will be reluctant to lose a player as important as the Premier League’s second-top goalscorer of all time.

All-time Premier League top goalscorers​

• Alan Shearer – 260 goals
  • Harry Kane – 209 goals
  • Wayne Rooney 208 goals
  • Andrew Cole – 187 goals
  • Sergio Aguero – 184 goals

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom