Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Feel like telling us about yourself?

Old Heathen

Groupie
Reaction score
Hi my names Jim (called many other things) probably all true I was born and bred in Cradley Heath. I am 72 in a couple of months. First went to Molineux
in 1950 I know (GLORY HUNTER) my great grandfather,grandfather,and father were Wolves fans my two sons and two grandsons are fans. I have been to Wembley four times with the Wolves and never seen them lose.
If we ever get there again in my Lifetime i shall expect a free ticket. (Behind the goals please).
Edit-: Forgot to mention my granddaughter, have been brought to task over this
(To put it politely).

Last edited:

John Richards 1974

Reaction score
My names John, started supporting Wolves 1966/67 season started life in the "Pig Pen* in the old cow shed end. One of the many fans that moved to the South Bank in the early 70's and travelled to away matches on Don Everall coach run by Doreen. Favourite players John Richards Mike Bailey Frank Munro Davey Wagstaffe and of course the Doog.
Still (Wolves) crazy after all these years..... and yes still on the South Bank.

cookey

In Memory
Reaction score
My names Steve Cooke & in 1966 (when I was 8) my Dad suggested that I should pick a football club to support - he suggested the team he had supported as a young boy - Shrewsbury Town (well he was born in near Wem), so when he was out at work my Mom & I settled down with the Sunday paper to read through the teams (she was from Pensnett - another hole in the footballing map of britain), there was one team that took my eye & when we told my Dad of my selected team to support he went mad - pointing out that Celtic were Scottish & of the wrong religion - like an 8 year old would know!. But he gave in & even bought me a silk Celtic scarf for Christmas that year, in fact the first football match I clearly remember watching on a black & white telly was Celtic winning the European Cup.
But there was no future in living in Wombourne & supporting a scottish team so the next year I decided to pick a team from England - so for the next christmas present I received a red & white scarf for Liverpool - a 9 year old glory hunter !!! so nothing changes in society.
We used to have a stall on Wolverhampton market & occasionally the next door stall would look after ours while Dad took me to the match - being a 9 year old I didn't really understand that they were reserve matches & the first one he took me to probably in 1967 was Wolves v Liverpool which Wolves won, I remember chucking my red scarf away as I was not going to follow a loosing team like that ! and so started my Wolves supporting career.
My first first team match was in November 1968 & I think it was probably WHU - standing as a 10 year old in the enclosure, which is where we stood untill I was old enough to catch the bus up by myself & I bravely went into the South Bank, where I still am. Next season will be my 50th anniversary of first team matches - I remember the great european nights of the early 70's, we were there for Spurs in the UEFA Cup Final, listening on a radio in the kitchen to the devastating return match (still hate them!), I remember standing by a Juventus supporter in the enclosure in March 72 when he gave all the kids by him metal Juventus badges - they are still my Italian team now - at the time I never thought those great European nights would ever end & that's the way my Wolves supporting life would carry on - stooopid boy !.
I had a season ticket from from about 1977, remember lying down on the South Bank when you had to shout to the guy nearest you & I only went to the FIRST Chorley match, unlike the millions who went to the third one !
Went to Newcastle Poly from 80-86 and on weeks I couldn't get back to the Mol went to watch other teams - Celtic if they were in south east Scotland, my best mate followed York so I travelled the country with them, getting chased by Aldershot squaddies, we also went to 3 consecutive Middlsboro matches - there was 5 of us from around the country dressed as Wolves fans one week, WHU fans a week later & Man City a couple of weeks later - that puzzled the steward we stood by each time ! after the first match we learnt to park the car on the far side of the hospital as that's were the Boro fans would chase us !!! Also liked going to Hartlepool as at half time you walked half way round to watch your team attacking again & had a chat with the visiting supporters going the other way. With York Denis Smith, their manager, always came in the supporters club with some players after the match for a chat about the game - just like football should be !.
So here I am all those years later with my blood dyed Gold & Black but still having a soft spot for Celtic, Juventus, Hartlepool & York City.

Ohh almost forgot - I got my Dad to support both Wolves & Celtic too - I think he really supported the Wolves anyway as his Dad took him to a couple of FA Cup finals (49 & 60) - but in August 1967 we holidayed in Dunoon & as a 9 year old it was 'can we see Celtic Park - please Dad' over & over again so we drove into Glasgow & after a lot of moaning from me went & knocked on a door that we had seen people entering through - Dad told them we had come up specially & the lady on reception found some one to show us round - I remember going out on the pitch where the first team were training on the right & the kids on the left of the pitch - I was taken & everyone was made to sign my autograph book - including all of the Lisbon Lions & a young kid called Dalgliesh, I got taken to their gift shop & was given a years supply of their own newspaper, which I think they published weekly, a scarf & a couple of bags of other stuff. Dad was blown off his feet & over the next 40 odd years we both went to every friendly Celtic played down in the midlands -& if my memory serves me right, who took us round ? none other than Jock Stein!

Last edited:
U

Ulfhednar

To stop me going off topic elsewhere :D

I was a marketeer with a good career but bored, depressed & going off the rails in my private life (beyond reason). I had private medical insurance through my job so thought I'd use it to get some counselling. Went to my GP for a referral, he diagnosed me with adult ADHD & referred me on my insurance to the Countries top Psychiatrist expert. I went along with it cuz he said I needed to do that to get the counselling. The Psychiatrist confirmed the diagnosis & prescribed me amphetamine, and said I couldn't have counselling till I was sorted on that. I had a low trial dose, which worked perfectly, but he then ramped the dose up high immediately, got my GP to put it on a permanently ongoing NHS repeat prescription, then retired. The dose was too high too fast, I had no monitoring or oversight, advice or regime, I became intoxicated and started suffering chronic sleep deprivation, so that I became completely detached & dropped out. After a couple of years, it & the sleep deprivation induced a massive reactive psychotic episode that I ended up detained for on a Section 3 for 2 months. That went badly & left me with a bit of a PTSD, I got out of that & their meds after 2 months, then had an 11yr battle to get my life / status off them & to prove there was nothing wrong with me, that their unmonitored meds were entirely causal and lost me my career & status. The case had several £100's in cost liabilities & involved the Countries top experts, I won. I'm totally recovered but not rehabilitated, I had to fight the system to survive and now don't know a way back into it. I have no criminal record by the way & didn't cause damage to anyone but myself. I don't think badly of the authorities or psychiatry, I was only able to win because if you push it they're totally fair & decent, but I seem to have a problem in how I can react to issues & where I take stuff. I apologise if I've said something inappropriate. I don't get upset, others have much worse anyway & I did benefit lots from this so it isn't a problem for me :)

M

merseawolf

I was a marketeer with a good career but bored, depressed & going off the rails in my private life (beyond reason). I had private medical insurance through my job so thought I'd use it to get some counselling. Went to my GP for a referral, he diagnosed me with adult ADHD & referred me on my insurance to the Countries top Psychiatrist expert. I went along with it cuz he said I needed to do that to get the counselling. The Psychiatrist confirmed the diagnosis & prescribed me amphetamine, and said I couldn't have counselling till I was sorted on that. I had a low trial dose, which worked perfectly, but he then ramped the dose up high immediately, got my GP to put it on a permanently ongoing NHS repeat prescription, then retired. The dose was too high too fast, I had no monitoring or oversight, advice or regime, I became intoxicated and started suffering chronic sleep deprivation, so that I became completely detached & dropped out. After a couple of years, it & the sleep deprivation induced a massive reactive psychotic episode that I ended up detained for on a Section 3 for 2 months. That went badly & left me with a bit of a PTSD, I got out of that & their meds after 2 months, then had an 11yr battle to get my life / status off them & to prove there was nothing wrong with me, that their unmonitored meds were entirely causal and lost me my career & status. The case had several £100's in cost liabilities & involved the Countries top experts, I won. I'm totally recovered but not rehabilitated, I had to fight the system to survive and now don't know a way back into it. I have no criminal record by the way & didn't cause damage to anyone but myself. I don't think badly of the authorities or psychiatry, I was only able to win because if you push it they're totally fair & decent, but I seem to have a problem in how I can react to issues & where I take stuff. I apologise if I've said something inappropriate. I don't get upset, others have much worse anyway & I did benefit lots from this so it isn't a problem for me :)
Good for you in doing your best to get yourself sorted. I have a very good friend who went through a long journey of mental health issues, also sectioned and it has taken over 10 years for him to get back to anything like normality.
I hope you have some good support around you and wish you well in your recovery and the future.

HICKO

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I wish you well my friend UTW

H

Huntington wolf

First post, so an introduction seems the most appropriate....I’m Simon, 40 years young and been attending Wolves matches since the early 90s when I used to go with my dad.
Best Wolves memory for me was 2003 play off final.
Due to work commitments I’ve only been to 8 matches this season and fear that due to increased demand I’m really gonna struggle next. However, I will always be Wolves through and through. Never known a time like this...just hope fans remain grounded and appreciate that this ‘project’ wont see us winning the Prem within one season.
Up the Wolves!

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
First post, so an introduction seems the most appropriate....I’m Simon, 40 years young and been attending Wolves matches since the early 90s when I used to go with my dad.
Best Wolves memory for me was 2003 play off final.
Due to work commitments I’ve only been to 8 matches this season and fear that due to increased demand I’m really gonna struggle next. However, I will always be Wolves through and through. Never known a time like this...just hope fans remain grounded and appreciate that this ‘project’ wont see us winning the Prem within one season.
Up the Wolves!

Welcome to MolMix.

C

Club25Football

I'm from continental Europe, been following Wolves on and off for over ten years, ever since I stayed in a guesthouse in Bromley run by a mom and her son from the Black Country who insisted I watched a league tie on the telly with them

I write for my own lil' blog/site about special footy shirts, and with my next article being on a particularly gaudy Wolves top (not hard to guess which one that'll be) I figured I'd pop in and read up on how supporters feel about Puma currently and suppliers in the past.

R

Rvbaal

Hey guys, decided to finally sign up after following MM for a couple of years already.
Wolves is the first club I ever attended back when I was about 6 years old. I remember my dad taking me there on a snowy, cold as can be day, while we were visiting friends in the UK. It was back in the days of John de Wolf which still is the best combination of player and club name together.

Fast forward to now, I'm still living in the Netherlands but attending a Wolves game yearly. Unfortunately not with my dad anymore who passed away a couple of years ago, but in his honours making sure I'm visiting Molineux together with my brother-in-law. Loving how the club has evolved in the past period under Fosun, let's hope it only gets better from here!

J

johnny ramsay

hi guys I am johnny a life long wolves and sunderland fan living in sunderland and I am so looking fwd to sundays game even though were relegated again I will be staying behind to watch the wolves lift that very deserving championship trophy I imagine a lot of yous on here will be travelling up early sunday morning have a safe journey and enjoy your day, hope to see some of you in William jamesons pub before the game(£1:95 a pint of ale ) cheep drinks ,,

Hawkguy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm Nathaniel. Nathan or Nate is totally fine too. I'm from Ontario, Canada. I'm a big fan of hockey, baseball, and basically every other sport.

Soccer (Football) was a sport that wasn't very popular here. But through my grandpa and his friend, I became a fan. The fist Wolves match I saw was against Manchester United. Kenny Miller scored the winner in an unbelievable upset. I just took to them.

I continued to watch any games I could and follow all box-scores when I couldn't. I lurked the internet and found a few forums that kept me even more up to date. Which helped me find this forum.

I haven't been to a game live yet, but plan to go see my family sometime and see 1 or 2 games live. That's my dream right now.

My favourite teams in other sports are Montreal Canadiens (hockey), Toronto Blue Jays (baseball), Toronto Raptors (basketball), Philadelphia Eagles (American Football).

In Footy, my favourite team is Wolves. My second favourite soccer team is Toronto FC from MLS.

I'm an avid fan of the Canadian National Team as well. We ARE improving, haha.

Aside from sports I like movies, games, and animals. I work in the health field. Anything else, just ask! :)

E

Edgmond Wolf

Tbh, i could have put "international grugs mule, or ex professional hardman" but thought better off it. I'm just a run of the mill family man from wednesfield, who has loved the ups and downs, following wolves since the mid 80s
Welcome Pagey

topcat99

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’ve given up eating mushy peas. My pee started looking like Limeade.

Nearly as scary as going to the loo after eating beetroot

The White Mouse

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
only just found this thread, and will be having a good read through it when i have time, but noticed a mental amount of 'guest users'

where have all these people disappeared to?

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
only just found this thread, and will be having a good read through it when i have time, but noticed a mental amount of 'guest users'

where have all these people disappeared to?

Threads been going quite a while. When accounts aren’t logged into for a long time they become obsolete.

O

owolveso

Hej!

I've been lurking here for a while but finally decided to sign up recently. I've been a Wolves supporter since my teens when we moved to the UK from Sweden. My (British) dad and I started going to football matches together and that's where the story begins! Day to day I am an illustrator / graphic designer and comic book nerd. Looking forward to enjoying the banter and general positivity with you all :)

Beer Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I honestly can't remember if I introduced myself or not.
My name is Andy and I'm 54 yrs old. I used to live in Bishops Wood in the next street to Derek Parkin. I watched Wolves probably 6 to 10 times a season ( dependant on older friends or their fathers ) from 74 to 80 when we moved to Beer in Devon . Not long after I joined the Army and only got to see a few more games over the next 6 years or so. I now live in Western Australia and saw Wolves play a few games during a pre season tour here in 09.
I like to cycle and go hiking old school with map and compass. I also enjoy swimming and although I've had 2 x total knee replacements I'm still hopeful of doing a short course triathlon one day.

SuziQ

Reaction score
I'm Suzi, 35 and currently living near Solihull, though born in Sandwell Maternity when the parents lived in Tividale. Work within sight of Villa Park as a Production Planner for a manufacturing firm who make parts for warships, submarines and nuclear power stations.

Got into Wolves through my eldest brother who I used to go to home games with on a semi-regular basis. He stopped going to matches around 2013 due to ill health and I've only been to one since on my own but hoping that I'll manage to get a ticket for one game this season, even if I have to go in the SW corner.

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hi I am Laura. A long life wolves fan and primary school teacher. Nice to be here and my first match was the playoff final may 2003

Welcome Laura, 3-0 win in a play off final was a good match to start.:)

Back
Top Bottom