Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Euro football - why so different

Hazza

Reaction score
My sons moved to Vienna so am here this weekend helping him settle in!

We went to Austria Vienna today in mid table clash, ended 2-2.

The atmosphere behind the goal (their version of South Bank) was amazing from 30 mins before kick off, they have podiums for selected fans to stand on and face the crowd with megaphones and microphones/speakers. They allow smoke and flares, drums etc. on concourse you can get a beer and take it to side of pitch and there a ‘fanzone’ to buy fan produced t shirts, scarves etc.
beer is£3.50/pint and decent. No Q’s at toilets, getting in or coming out. Crowd not as big but stand we were in was full.
South Bank would be amazing if allowed similar

Oh and €16 a ticket

Attachments

• 30DD706C-73CB-4780-8CA6-8DAEEFAA09E0.jpeg
    30DD706C-73CB-4780-8CA6-8DAEEFAA09E0.jpeg
    757 KB · Views: 34

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cheap beer and no loo queues aside it sounds utterly horrendous

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Think you’ll have opened a real can of worms here but it’s worthy of discussion. I think football supporters are treated appallingly in comparison to other sports.

I don’t know for sure but I’m guessing a lot goes back to the days of hooliganism etc, hence why there are restrictions.

Hazza

Reaction score
Think you’ll have opened a real can of worms here but it’s worthy of discussion. I think football supporters are treated appallingly in comparison to other sports.

I don’t know for sure but I’m guessing a lot goes back to the days of hooliganism etc, hence why there are restrictions.
Having said that, away end penned in behind 8ft fences - and there was only about 50 of them

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The ruling class generally don't understand or like football, its all just lip service and pathetic PR pretending to follow Villa or West Ham or whatever middling team their media team tell them to pick. They like cricket, rugby, F1, tennis and golf. To them football is just a distraction for the masses.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whisper it quietly, but the atmospheres in England, especially the top flight, are generally poor unless certain circumstances occur.

Largely down to pricing, the mass influx of tourists into the more successful clubs, in part by the gatekeeping by fans who prefer the 'English atmosphere' rather than the continental European/Ultras style.

English atmospheres can be special and hit an 11/10 on the rare occasion, but drop as low as a 1/10. Continental atmospheres are a consistent 7/10 throughout and can hit those high atmospheres much often.

We like to kid ourselves but you can often congratulate having a good atmosphere on the one occasion within English football because a handful preceeding it have been atrocious.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
T

It's a different world at football these days as compared to the 80s , jade...fans were treated like animals, caged in and hence by an large acted like animals..... facilities were appaling... football was on its last legs in this country in the mid 80s....it was shocking ...... resulting in tragic circumstances more than once ...

It's still not perfect but it's light years away from what it was....

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
T

It's a different world at football these days as compared to the 80s , jade...fans were treated like animals, caged in and hence by an large acted like animals..... facilities were appaling... football was on its last legs in this country in the mid 80s....it was shocking ...... resulting in tragic circumstances more than once ...

It's still not perfect but it's light years away from what it was....
Indeed, and a lot of the circumstances around bad treatment of fans has been chicken and egg. Fans behave bad and fight, authorities impose draconian rules which annoys people so they behave badly and fight....

Back
Top Bottom