Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Destroying Songs

BridgnorthWolf Inc

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh FFS. Trevor Horn has done a whole album of this ****. 'It's Different For Girls' now wrecked.

tamwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I absolutely hate Birdy's cover of Skinny Love.

Absolutely destroyed Bon Iver's original.

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just listening to the excellent Pick of the Pops show on Radio 2. Gambo has just played from 1996 another boyband blasphemous butchering of a classic.

Boyzone destroying Cat Stevens classic Father and Son

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I deserved this as punishment for pressing the YouTube link but today I subjected myself to George Michael ( who in my opinion wrote some good stuff and did not need to inflict this on humanity ! ) destroying New Order's " True Faith " . That abysmal offering paled into insignificance when compared to what made number 1 in the worst top ten covers. Britney Spears who actually appears twice in the chart for her attempt at Joan Jett's " I love rock ' n ' roll is at the top and quite rightly so for her destruction of " Satisfaction " by the Rolling Stones.

I have also found out that the serial shrieking French Canadian Celine Dion has a version of AC/DC's fantastic " You shock me all night long " but having punished myself enough by listening to the above I just cannot and indeed WILL NOT listen to such tripe !

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Watched Top of the Pops on BBC 4 earlier on it was April 1987. On it was that disgraceful slaughtering of an absolute New Wave classic as the Fine Young Cannibals destroyed the Buzzcocks " Ever fallen in love with someone ". Each to their own but that Brummie buffoon Roland Gift was about melodic as my neighbour's Tomcat when he is servicing one of the lady cats on a hot summer night !

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No wonder Putin locked them up it’s horrible

That was Pussy Riot who were sent to prison it was tatu who did that disgusting video back in about 2003 where they were dressed as school girls acting out lesbian behaviour. As I mentioned earlier on this thread I burnt out the motor on a vhs recorder as I had to watch it numerous times as I needed to confirm how disgusting and depraved it was ! ;);););)

You are right though they should also be locked up for that sacrilege of a classic !

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That was Pussy Riot who were sent to prison it was tatu who did that disgusting video back in about 2003 where they were dressed as school girls acting out lesbian behaviour. As I mentioned earlier on this thread I burnt out the motor on a vhs recorder as I had to watch it numerous times as I needed to confirm how disgusting and depraved it was ! ;);););)

You are right though they should also be locked up for that sacrilege of a classic !
Yes mixed them up aye I! Still bloody awful tho

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just heard Elvis's rendition of " Suspicious Minds " I had forgotten until listening to it that that mob who destroyed " Ever fallen in love with someone " the Fine Young Cannibals had a go a ****ing this classic up then I remembered that Porky Port Vale fan Robbie Williams had done an equally if not worse slaughtering of it !

Wulfrunian

Reaction score
There’s a genius version of Black Box Recorder doing Rock n Roll Suicide

I got a free disc of Bowie covers many moons ago with Select mag (I think!)

If it's the same as mine it was Uncut magazine. The Black Box Recorder track was the stand out for me too.

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Of all the " short " records Genesis have done " Follow you, follow me " is in my view a classic, so I am disgusted by this abomination of the song that appears on the latest Audi advert !

I'm the Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pat Effing Boone was in a metal mood. Here's his rendition of Enter Sandman. Listen at your own risk:

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pat Effing Boone was in a metal mood. Here's his rendition of Enter Sandman. Listen at your own risk:

I gave it 30 seconds, I should not have it is utter utter dross ( I wish there was a wild card or a joker I could play on the Mix say we all get three goes in a calendar year when you can truly express your feelings with the swear filter switched off ! )

I'm the Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I gave it 30 seconds, I should not have it is utter utter dross ( I wish there was a wild card or a joker I could play on the Mix say we all get three goes in a calendar year when you can truly express your feelings with the swear filter switched off ! )
How you managed to last 30 seconds....I'll never understand. You're a better man than me.

Check out the rest of his "metal" songs.....he'll turn you into a headbanger like in the 80's!!!!!!!!!

Dr Wolfenstein

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How you managed to last 30 seconds....I'll never understand. You're a better man than me.

Check out the rest of his "metal" songs.....he'll turn you into a headbanger like in the 80's!!!!!!!!!
Just forget the originals (although it does prove their flexibility & adaptability ) & go with the flow. There really is room for both approaches.Brilliant stuff with real musicians.
Try the guitar solo on Paradise City. Ironic or not, it puts a smile on your face.

Last edited:

quirky_birky

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just forget the originals (although it does prove their flexibility & adaptability ) & go with the flow. There really is room for both approaches.Brilliant stuff with real musicians.
Try the guitar solo on Paradise City. Ironic or not, it puts a smile on your face.

Paul Anka's Rock Swings album is a similar thing (I posted his Smells Like Teen Spirit cover earlier in the thread). Sometimes they work quite well (Van Halen's Jump sounds like it was written that way!) and sometimes they don't (Lovecats just sounds surreal). It's certainly preferable to an X Factor cover of something decent.

I'm the Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I like the leather vest, the earring, and the shirtless chest.

he was really edgy, wasn't he? I wonder if he went to his crochet class and bingo game dressed like that?

Back
Top Bottom