Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Chelsea sensation Cole Palmer once played two games in same day for Man City and he even scored a hat-trick

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Jamie Gordon

COLE PALMER’S goalscoring exploits have been grabbing headlines all season.

The Chelsea star broke THREE records with his first-half hat-trick against Everton on Monday.

Getty
Cole Palmer showed signs of his immense potential by playing twice in one day[/caption]
Getty
The Chelsea star takes on Manchester City this afternoon[/caption]
Still just 21, the playmaker has been the brightest spark in an otherwise lifeless season at Stamford Bridge.

Palmer’s 20 strikes have seen him draw level with Erling Haaland in the Premier League Golden Boot race.

He has made a mockery of Manchester City‘s decision to sell him and one story in particular from his Etihad days should have meant they saw this coming.

The starlet, who takes on his former employers in the FA Cup semi-finals this afternoon, played two games in one day for the Citizens in 2021.

Hours after coming off the bench against Burnley in the top flight, Palmer lined up for the Under-23s and scored a HAT-TRICK.

Palmer told the incredible tale in an article he wrote for The Players’ Tribune.

He said: “We’re at the Etihad playing Burnley. It’s the 90th minute. Pep grabs my arm.

“‘If I put you on now, are you sure you can still play later?’

BEST FREE BET SIGN UP OFFERS FOR UK BOOKMAKER

“This was last October. I’m about to make my second-ever Premier League appearance, but I’m thinking about the next game.

“The Under-23s have got a late kickoff against Leicester and I reckon I can get over in time to play in that too.

“So, we’re on the touchline and Pep’s asking me, ‘Are you sure? There’s no rule that says you can’t?’

“I’m standing there like, ‘Err … yeah, I think so.’

“Then, the assistant manager, Rodolfo Borrell, comes over. He knows the rules. He’s like, ‘Yes, Cole can play both games, if he wants to.’

“To be fair, no-one asked me to play both games. I’ve just seen the fixture list. I know I can make it in time.

“The Under-23s only play over the road at the Academy Stadium. It’s a two-minute drive. If I’m only getting a few minutes here against Burnley — even if it is the Premier League — why not?

“Pep puts me on for the last few minutes of the game, and we close it out 2–0.

“In the changing room after, I don’t even take my socks or shin pads off, I just whack a tracksuit over the top, eat something quickly and get ready to head over the bridge.

Who are these famous footballers?​

“I see Jack Grealish and Phil Foden looking at me like, What is he doing???

“I tell them what’s going on, and they’re just staring back at me surprised … like I’m a bit mad haha! (Maybe they’re a little bit impressed too.)

“I just have loads of energy. I’m ready to do all sorts. I’m so buzzin’ I end up scoring twice in the first half against Leicester.

“Second half, I’m desperate to take home that match ball, but it’s not coming. Then in the 85th minute, I get it on the edge of the box, and I just whip it. Top corner. Hat trick. 5–0.”

“Good day, that. Haha!”

Palmer has enjoyed plenty of good days at Stamford Bridge and will hope his best ones are still ahead of him.

Continue reading...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom