Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Burnley v Wolves comms thread.

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m with you. If we start the season from now, we’ve got too many teams to compete with who have bigger and better squads and a difficult run in to boot. I don’t think we get in to Europe anyway but if we don’t beat West Ham then it’s 100% dead in the water.
But if we do beat wham…

Eastern Wolf

Reaction score
Sa was the man of the match for us. Semedo, Ait nuri, Gomes were positives. Lemina OK. The others could have done better. No threat from Chiwonbe again.
Burnley looked like Brazil against us on occasion. They passed it around well and fired off quite a few shots that were saved by Sa.
We were fortunate to draw in the end.
This team looked a little short of confidence. Are we still hung-over from the Coventry game?
At least Cunhu got some game time. Traore looked very rusty when he came on.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sarabia seems to be getting a kicking for creating our best chances and not passing to the kid that is pretty much always marked or offside.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sarabia seems to be getting a kicking for creating our best chances and not passing to the kid that is pretty much always marked or offside.

He wasn’t mate! So many times he made the run and Sarabia was turning around to play the safe ball backwards……..

Sarabia’s class and delivery got the goal, but he wasted or didn’t see a lot of good openings tonight to reward the efforts of the youngster

Norway Wolves

Reaction score
How can you say he isn’t ready when he was making good runs into space that people didn’t make the pass for!

He made some good block/tackles too! Willing runner.

He isn’t ready to be a front line option, but his ability to perform was handicapped by players not playing him in when he did the hard bit of finding space and good positions
He wasnt making good runs at all.

He ran either offside or into defenders when there was space to run in to. Understandable that the others didnt pass to him.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He wasn’t mate! So many times he made the run and Sarabia was turning around to play the safe ball backwards……..

Sarabia’s class and delivery got the goal, but he wasted or didn’t see a lot of good openings tonight to reward the efforts of the youngster
It happened Saturday too. I was (unfortunately) watching Saturday with a West Ham fan and he couldn’t believe there’s a team in the league that goes backwards more than them. Every time it was Sarabia slowing things down.

He’s a class player but it’s got to be a tactic for him over the last three games (happened to Fraser at Cov) to not play anything into the young forwards.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You are not serious?

Lost the ball every time he got it.

He’d not ready and it was effectively playing with 10 men.
That is incredibly harsh and incorrect in my opinion. He did not lose the ball every time he got it.

Norway Wolves

Reaction score
That is incredibly harsh and incorrect in my opinion. He did not lose the ball every time he got it.
I think he did if you watch closely. The attacks broke down with his involvement most times. He put a shift in to be fair.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He wasnt making good runs at all.

He ran either offside or into defenders when there was space to run in to. Understandable that the others didnt pass to him.

He wasn’t offside when he started the runs into that space for a pass that never came……

Nige

Reaction score
Sometimes you have to remind yourself that we would have dreamed of an away point in the Prem for many of the last 40 years
Of Course especially when your season ticket cost less than half it does now and you got to go to away games because nobody wanted to go...
Times Change.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought he started his runs too early which is why Sarabia in particular thought he couldnt play the pass.

Watch it again mate……. I can see why you think that with the class Sarabia has with passing.

But Sarabia was constantly turning away from the goal as soon as he got the ball….. he didn’t see the runs to make the passes as his wasn’t looking for him……

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
GON wanted a striker in january as the players were overloaded. We had a 9 lined up but no money forthcoming.

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Now where have we heard that before?

Some people have said GON turned players down and that is why he didn’t have a striker……

Well that narrative is ****ed!!!!! Jeff has lied to yet another manager!!!!

Truth is he was told to let two go to release the funds, then the didn’t have the money……

Well what a well run club we are!!!!!! NOT

Norway Wolves

Reaction score
This is sounding remarkably like the Fabio post-match discussions over the years!
I see your point.

We all want a young player to come through and succeed. It would be brilliant.

But there is no point in saying they played well when the reality is that Chiwome was miles off. And it's not his fault, he's not ready. He shouldn't have been put in this position.

Much discussion that Sarabia for one, also RAN didn't trust him with a pass. I can honestly understand it when every move broke down when he was involved. The senior players just want to win and want results.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is sounding remarkably like the Fabio post-match discussions over the years!
Why does everyone expect youngsters to suddenly turn into prime Messi? They take a consistent run of games to show improvement to their game.

Norway Wolves

Reaction score
Why does everyone expect youngsters to suddenly turn into prime Messi? They take a consistent run of games to show improvement to their game.
They don’t.

But you want to see something that could constitute a potential proffessional career in the game, which we have not seen.

This is where we miss the Central League, where young players could be tested with less pressure and jeopardy against men.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They don’t.

But you want to see something that could constitute a potential proffessional career in the game, which we have not seen.

This is where we miss the Central League, where young players could be tested with less pressure and jeopardy against men.
Chiwome and Fraser have done ok. The expectations are low.

Back
Top Bottom