Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Bournemouth Verdict

Tarcisio Mifsud

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The result and performance were sorrowful, but VAR continued to complicate matters, involving themselves on an action which did not have any sort of effect on the goal, as far as I know VAR were only to interfere if an action has effected the goal scored. If they say corruption does not exist, surely there is some sort of biases in English football.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone else read the article from the Athletic defending Atwell? "Hard not to feel for him on a human level". **** right off you soppy ****. How about feeling for the supporters who were entirely justified in what they had to say about him? I
Attwell is ****e but to be fair he gave the goal in real time and it’s the VAR who should be getting pelters.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Anyone else read the article from the Athletic defending Atwell? "Hard not to feel for him on a human level". **** right off you soppy ****. How about feeling for the supporters who were entirely justified in what they had to say about him? I
After his performance on VAR in the Everton Forest game he should have been taken off duty for a few weeks. The bloke’s head is muddled.

WorcesterWanderer

Reaction score
Just want to say to anyone who was at the match and is a member of this forum... Thank you for making me feel so welcome. Have always felt a bit insecure because I am not originally from the West Midlands, but I was quickly made to realise that where I am from is completely irrelevant. We all support Wolves. We have suffered together and I know we will have reasons to celebrate in the years to come.

Not to get too soppy but I have felt like an outcast my whole life. I feel like I am part of a big family now.

25,000 strangers had one thing in common last night. One pack.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And how often does that happen?
It did against us and cast your mind back it was for a foul before a goal, the rugby tackle on Adama, that wasn’t a foul, but an arm up is! We used to teach the young kids get your arms up to protect yourself!

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It did against us and cast your mind back it was for a foul before a goal, the rugby tackle on Adama, that wasn’t a foul, but an arm up is! We used to teach the young kids get your arms up to protect yourself!
I think the Ref got so much abuse that day he just thought **** em I’m letting the goal stand.

WorcesterWanderer

Reaction score
Once they get sent to the screen they almost certainly change their minds. Absolute joke

When footballers and manager and fans come out saying VAR is effectively destroying their mental health. They might actually do something about it
While it may not change anything it's a conversation I think needs to happen.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
While it may not change anything it's a conversation I think needs to happen.
Not being funny but everyone reacts differently. Now I can accept the fact if it’s the correct decision but when it’s not wow some people lose their **** and as seen in Turkey it’s been taken too far. Something has to change

WorcesterWanderer

Reaction score
Not being funny but everyone reacts differently. Now I can accept the fact if it’s the correct decision but when it’s not wow some people lose their SHI and as seen in Turkey it’s been taken too far. Something has to change
I'm comfortable enough on this site to say that sometimes a loss can really get to me much more than it should. Football has so many emotions tied up in it.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm comfortable enough on this site to say that sometimes a loss can really get to me much more than it should. Football has so many emotions tied up in it.
A loss is disappointing because we put all our energy of the day and week looking forward to the game. How we react to it is key. We love the club so it’s natural. The game now is making it less emotional I think with VAR?? Everyone is different. The frustrations is crazy but hey that’s part of the rollercoaster ride.

I used to be the same but now I’m not too fussed. Since Iv stopped going I watch games more as a neutral feeling. If we lose win or draw life goes on. I crack on and not let it be too much of a second thought unless I’m on here. Which is enlightening to see what others think

WorcesterWanderer

Reaction score
A loss is disappointing because we put all our energy of the day and week looking forward to the game. How we react to it is key. We love the club so it’s natural. The game now is making it less emotional I think with VAR?? Everyone is different. The frustrations is crazy but hey that’s part of the rollercoaster ride.

I used to be the same but now I’m not too fussed. Since Iv stopped going I watch games more as a neutral feeling. If we lose win or draw life goes on. I crack on and not let it be too much of a second thought unless I’m on here. Which is enlightening to see what others think
I think yesterday most of the emotion was around the fact I've waited since 2017 to make that trip. I can usually go to sleep and be mostly over a result if I'm watching on TV. Weird feeling TBH, I'm absolutely thrilled I went and so upset at the way we lost. Ultimately I think as time goes on it'll be a mostly fond memory.

Last edited:

Evthewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The worrying thing from my point of view is that we seem a totally different side than the one that beat Chelsea and Spurs. Admittedly, we don’t have everyone available but we are nowhere near those levels of effort and intensity we showed back then.

You would expect the fringe players to have improved over the season but I think some have actually gone backwards. Perhaps some know they are out of the door come the summer, who knows?

The one thing I was loving about the current team was the effort and passion shown, earlier in the season. I am not seeing enough of that in the last few games and there is never an excuse not to give 100%.

If we want to improve next year, we need at least 3 first team ready players and add another 1 on top for each of any of the current first 11 to leave.

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Plus the one ref refused to go to the monitor when VAR asked him to in one of our games,only us eh

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Im not sure VAR makes it less emotional,my blood pressure last night said differently

SE10 Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Stockley park needs raising to the ground. It’s full of incompetent cheats in the pocket of the sky 7.

Those 12? Points have cost us Europe as has the lack of investment in the squad.

**** football and VAR. It’s a joke
Don’t forget it is possibly worse as the points stolen from us advantaged some of our position rivals.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Disagree that Bouba is poor on the ball. Don't remember him giving it away once against Arsenal.
His shooting is awful....not so bad with a short sideways pace but that's about it.....watch him in the warm up when they have shooting practice....it's hilarious for a professional footballer......he has a great engine that's about it...lacks any quality....

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
His shooting is awful....not so bad with a short sideways pace but that's about it.....watch him in the warm up when they have shooting practice....it's hilarious for a professional footballer......he has a great engine that's about it...lacks any quality....
The Mali Nigel Quashie?

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Mali Nigel Quashie?
He has a great engine...but lacks any sort of quality with the ball and is rash at best.....I honestly don't know what people watch....will never get you a goal or an assist till the cows come home.....it's not hard to see why he is 4th choice and barely used.....

Ya can't fault the lad but he hasn't got premier league quality at all.....he is ok for games like arsenal when you need runners to stop the opposition....but not when you need to take the game by the scruff of the neck....

Our biggest problem against Bournemouth was Rayan n Lemina were on defensive duties against Semenyo and Solanke so we lost there drive up the pitch....and Doyle was too fair forward to pass us up the pitch.....we had no outlet

Last edited:

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He has a great engine...but lacks any sort of quality with the ball and is rash at best.....I honestly don't know what people watch....will never get you a goal or an assist till the cows come home.....it's not hard to see why he is 4th choice and barely used.....

Ya can't fault the lad but he hasn't got premier league quality at all.....he is ok for games lol he arsenal when you need runners to stop the opposition....but not when you need to take the game by the scruff of the neck....
Maybe we saw some potential he will get better? lol he does okay for Mali time to time. Suppose he’s young enough. We all need a engine room. Not sure if we will ever be a team to take the game by the scruff of the neck without wholesale changes we are more so counter attacking and have been for a long while now?? The good times will come back

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Ya can't fault the lad but he hasn't got premier league quality at all.....he is ok for games likr arsenal when you need runners to stop the opposition....but not when you need to take the game by the scruff of the neck....

I think that’s harsh. He was a few mm away from getting an assist for Kilman on Wednesday!

I agree he needs to improve in possession but he brings an energy and drive. He can burst past people.

Joao Gomes has two goals and one assist. Obviously both goals came in one game. So he’s done nothing in terms of G/A in 28/30 appearances.

Doyle has 0/0 G/A in the league and I think 3 of Lemina’s 4 goals are from corners.

So seems harsh Traore is singled out. I suppose the stats are telling though, may be an area we need to improve

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Maybe we saw some potential he will get better? lol he does okay for Mali time to time. Suppose he’s young enough. We all need a engine room. Not sure if we will ever be a team to take the game by the scruff of the neck without wholesale changes we are more so counter attacking and have been for a long while now?? The good times will come back
O'Neil doesn't rate him...I'm fine with Lemina Doyle Gomes Bellegarde.....wouldn't suprise if O'Neil wants another and it's Bouba who is sacrificed.....wasn't he linked with Germany for 10m....he is what he is bouba , a defensive mid.... nothing else...

If we are never gonna be a team who can't take the game by the scruff of the neck against Coventry , Burnley, Bournemouth ,Forest and Luton coming up we might as well give up....

City n Liverpool away I would start Bouba ...Luton at home no chance...

Last edited:

Nivada

Reaction score
Was possibly the only one trying to play progressively against Arsenal. Can execute long passes at will as well. More than makes up for his bad shooting.

Back
Top Bottom