Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Best tube to Chelsea

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thanks guys for the advice yesterday, Epping worked well.

Driving from Stamford what's the best tube route in (end of the line ) as there's another damn train strike!

Tia

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Have a look on the TfL website, use the route planner and change the date to game day.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Any ideas where to park and get tube on Saturday?

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Any ideas where to park and get tube on Saturday?
We are parking at stanmore m1.....tube down to green park.....change for earls court.....pubs at earls court, which is a 20 mins walk to the ground....or can jump nn tube at earls court to Fulham Broadway, which is right by Chelsea.....

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We are parking at stanmore m1.....tube down to green park.....change for earls court.....pubs at earls court, which is a 20 mins walk to the ground....or can jump nn tube at earls court to Fulham Broadway, which is right by Chelsea.....
Nice one, cheers.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Chelsea are close to the Piccadilly line.. so I would recommend ****fosters, Arnos Grove or Southgate and then getting the tube down to Earls Court or Hammersmith.

Other option is District Line (getting off at Parsons Green).. but the starting points are very EAST.. the Piccadilly starts North East, so should be better for you

Last edited:

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Chelsea are close of the Piccadilly line.. so I would recommend ****fosters, Arnos Grove or Southgate and then getting the tube down to Earls Court or Hammersmith.

Other option is District Line (getting off at Parsons Green).. but the starting points are very EAST.. the Piccadilly starts North East, so should be better for you

Cheers , will have a look . Will check out the station at the start of the Piccadilly.

Ruislip Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
If you come in on the Piccadilly line from the other end there is parking at all the stations from Hillingdon to Rayners Lane which is where I will probably park.

You could also drive to Westfield and get overground from Shepherd’s Bush to West Brompton, I think is running a reduced service .

All above easily accessible from m40/a40

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thanks guys for the advice yesterday, Epping worked well.

Driving from Stamford what's the best tube route in (end of the line ) as there's another damn train strike!

Tia
The nearest station to Chelsea is actually Fulham Broadway which is only on the District line. You could drive and park somewhere like Upminster. There is, l believe, a car park there. The catch is that l think that the station is operated by C2C whose staff will, l believe, be striking so l'm not sure if the station will be open.

Lupus ad Penn

Groupie
Reaction score
The nearest station to Chelsea is actually Fulham Broadway which is only on the District line. You could drive and park somewhere like Upminster. There is, l believe, a car park there. The catch is that l think that the station is operated by C2C whose staff will, l believe, be striking so l'm not sure if the station will be open.
Fulham Broadway is shut on Saturday, Earls Court is the nearest you can get.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hadn't checked for engineering work - you are right. You could try to get a bus (328) from Earls Court to Stamford Bridge but that will be nigh-on impossible. Otherwise you are looking at a 25 min walk.

I might be tempted to get off one stop before at Gloucester Road and walk from there (roughly the same distance) but then l did live near there when l first moved to London in the 1980s.

Wolf 82

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hadn't checked for engineering work - you are right. You could try to get a bus (328) from Earls Court to Stamford Bridge but that will be nigh-on impossible. Otherwise you are looking at a 25 min walk.

I might be tempted to get off one stop before at Gloucester Road and walk from there (roughly the same distance) but then l did live near there when l first moved to London in the 1980s.
I’ve done the Earls Court to Stamford Bridge walk a few times.. it’s really not far and a few pubs on the way.

Oldwolf

Reaction score
Hi,
Just planning Saturday's journey and have checked on the TFL web page says nothing about closure this Saturday? Where did you het your info from?

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Hi,
Just planning Saturday's journey and have checked on the TFL web page says nothing about closure this Saturday? Where did you het your info from?
If you use tfl to try to plan a journey to Fulham Broadway on Saturday, I think it'll tell you to get a bus or walk from somewhere else.

WR4Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Coming down the M40 we did Ickenham last year & will do on Saturday. 35-40 mins so not quick but got to weigh up additional time driving to get a shorter tube ride. Couple of decent pubs near Earls Court designated for away fans last year & then about a 15 mins walk to ground

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hi,
Screenshot_20221006-224536.png
Screenshot from TfL website - this weekend, District line. The replacement buses are likely to be heaving.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Coming down the M40 we did Ickenham last year & will do on Saturday. 35-40 mins so not quick but got to weigh up additional time driving to get a shorter tube ride. Couple of decent pubs near Earls Court designated for away fans last year & then about a 15 mins walk to ground
I've consoled myself with the fact that it's not much more than half of the walk from Seven Sisters to WHL!

WR4Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Ha yes let’s hope it’s not raining though as we got soaked walking back to Seven Sisters after we beat spurs 2-0 the season before last.

Back
Top Bottom