Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

3 goals in 8 games

Tipton Wolves

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
This was identified as an area to improve upon last year and it is now evident, we have actually made it worse. This is awful in professional sport. Have we ever been this impotent in front of goal? I really cannot remember.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This was identified as an area to improve upon last year and it is now evident, we have actually made it worse. This is awful in professional sport. Have we ever been this impotent in front of goal? I really cannot remember.
Because we have to fanny about with 100 passes before we actually have a shot.

DasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Pick basically any stat you want under Lage, it will almost certainly be mind blowingly bad.

I'd say someone should get the serious fraud office in, because Lage pretending to be a football manager is definitely a case of serious fraud if I ever saw one.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Scoring as if we're a League One club dropped into the PL

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We could reel off endless stats over the last year that would blow neutrals minds.

The most damning for me are these:

5 points gained when behind in a game

0 second half goals all season.

It illustrates perfectly what he's like as an in game manager and how incapable he is of inspiring. You look at the real sides with character and how often they get points from nowhere. Those stats aren't just poor, they're absolutely abysmal.

And we all know what's coming. When we go 1-0 down, it's game over. When we go 1-0 up we defend for the rest of the game and maybe get over the line.

It's diabolical. And it's draining the fans so much. He has to go before the damage becomes irreversible.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Had we kept five at the back with the same key players from last season, I reckon we'd have scored significantly more than 3 in 8.
Every time we try to transition to a back four, it back fires.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At this rate, we’ll be lucky to score double figures in goals between now and the end of the season!

3 goals in 8 games equates to 14 goals in a 38 game season.

I think we may score more than 10 once Raul and Diego get together.

George AlooGobi

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
After a season where we were almost the lowest scoring Wolves team in 100 years , we let Silva go and replace him with an unproven injury prone striker.

I take your point but Silva never looked in any danger of scoring last season

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I take your point but Silva never looked in any danger of scoring last season
Agreed but letting him go wouldnt make things better until we had two fit central strikers.
IMO Jimmy could never be relied upon until a full proven recovery.

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For me, this was summed up by RAN trying to pass the ball when he was 6 yards out instead of shooting. Either the players are being told to play like that, or they have such little confidence they hide. Either way, this needs sorting ASAP!

Wolowolf6

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I absolutely detest the way we play…….just get the ball, run at players, make something happen. Have a bloody shot. It doesn’t matter if we lose the ball…..

But death by a thousand passes is becoming just to awful to cope with

I actually cheered when Campbell came on and did just that.

I suspect he’s been heavily fined and disciplined for stepping out of line like that.

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've had enough of Lage, but I'm not convinced he's the issue here. Costa aside, our forward players are all far too much of a muchness. And there are very few goals in the rest of our team.

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
3 goals in 8 games and now the lowest scorers in the whole of the football league (quoted by Sky). Injuries aside, those stats at our level is sackable in itself.

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Had we kept five at the back with the same key players from last season, I reckon we'd have scored significantly more than 3 in 8.
Every time we try to transition to a back four, it back fires.
I don’t think it’s anything to do with formation - Lage likes to keep the ball until the opposition is completely set defensively, and then it’s bloody hard to create anything.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
3 goals in 8 games and now the lowest scorers in the whole of the football league (quoted by Sky). Injuries aside, those stats at our level is sackable in itself.
I'm wondering if 3 goals in a run of 8 league games may be an all time club record.

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm wondering if 3 goals in a run of 8 league games may be an all time club record.
We scored 2 goals in 8 league games between Dec 84 and Jan 85. That was the old Division 2 season that ended in relegation to Division 3.

Last edited:

AshevilleWolf

Reaction score
There are currently 20 players in the Premier League who have 3 or more goals this season.

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For me, this was summed up by RAN trying to pass the ball when he was 6 yards out instead of shooting. Either the players are being told to play like that, or they have such little confidence they hide. Either way, this needs sorting ASAP!

Yes, that was a strange decision by RAN, and yes confidence is an issue right now that's for sure.

Sheriff Woody

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've had enough of Lage, but I'm not convinced he's the issue here. Costa aside, our forward players are all far too much of a muchness. And there are very few goals in the rest of our team.

I disagree. Do we genuinely think that any other manager in the league would struggle to get more than 3 goals from any combination of Jimenez, Hwang, Neto, Podence, Guedes, Traore and Costa?

Do we genuinely think that any of them would struggle to find goals or assists in another team? I reckon at least half the teams in the league would love to have the options up top that we have.

How a team with those options can look so insipid, so bereft of ideas and movement the moment we get into the opposition half is beyond me. It looks to me that none of them genuinely want to play or believe in the way that they are being told to play. Where’s the adventure, where’s the invention, where’s the thinking outside the box?

And all of that is before you even consider that they’ve got a midfield of Neves, Nunes and Moutinho playing behind them and the likes of Ait-Nouri and Semedo supporting from full backs.

Lage’s performances over the past 6 or 7 months have been nothing short of appalling. I reckon if he had Robert Plant and Jimmy Page turn up at a party he’d ask Jimmy to sing Three Blind Mice and give Robert Plant the triangle to play. The man’s a moron.

Rhyl Wolf

Reaction score
Can't recall the player. He had an outlandish attempt from outside the box and hit the crossbar. At half-time, buoyed by his unlucky effort, he asked Clough what he thought of his shot? "Try that again and you will be subbed." Wonder if there is fear that they will be pollocked by Bruno?

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I disagree. Do we genuinely think that any other manager in the league would struggle to get more than 3 goals from any combination of Jimenez, Hwang, Neto, Podence, Guedes, Traore and Costa?

Do we genuinely think that any of them would struggle to find goals or assists in another team? I reckon at least half the teams in the league would love to have the options up top that we have.

How a team with those options can look so insipid, so bereft of ideas and movement the moment we get into the opposition half is beyond me. It looks to me that none of them genuinely want to play or believe in the way that they are being told to play. Where’s the adventure, where’s the invention, where’s the thinking outside the box?

And all of that is before you even consider that they’ve got a midfield of Neves, Nunes and Moutinho playing behind them and the likes of Ait-Nouri and Semedo supporting from full backs.

Lage’s performances over the past 6 or 7 months have been nothing short of appalling. I reckon if he had Robert Plant and Jimmy Page turn up at a party he’d ask Jimmy to sing Three Blind Mice and give Robert Plant the triangle to play. The man’s a moron.
A myth persists that we're just one striker short of a great team. If that were true, we'd be doing well but just failing to have the edge in big games.

Actually we're completely rubbish going forwards and it's not a surprise that the few times we create a good chance we fluff our lines.

West ham was awful yesterday but still looked more dangerous than us where it mattered because they didn't wait for us to have 9 men behind the ball.

Sedgers

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I absolutely detest the way we play…….just get the ball, run at players, make something happen. Have a bloody shot. It doesn’t matter if we lose the ball…..

But death by a thousand passes is becoming just to awful to cope with
Said before and will say again, we've been awful to watch for more than two seasons. We're utterly characterless.

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A myth persists that we're just one striker short of a great team. If that were true, we'd be doing well but just failing to have the edge in big games.

Actually we're completely rubbish going forwards and it's not a surprise that the few times we create a good chance we fluff our lines.

West ham was awful yesterday but still looked more dangerous than us where it mattered because they didn't wait for us to have 9 men behind the ball.
Too many Portuguese and too much reliance on the Portuguese businessman we deal with. That's doen to Fosun.

goldfish

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Do we genuinely think that any other manager in the league would struggle to get more than 3 goals from any combination of Jimenez, Hwang, Neto, Podence, Guedes, Traore and Costa?
More than 3? Yes. More than 7 or 8? No.

Jimenez seems shot, Neto's had one hot streak, Podence is only good for 4 or 5 a season even if he starts every game, Traore's finishing is woeful and Guedes has shown nothing, which can't solely be down to Lage.

When fit, Hwang is the key for me. He's not good enough for where most fans want us to get, but he could be good enough for where we're going to find ourselves.

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No way would a player be told not to shoot from this kind of distance. Blaming the manager is ridiculous, RAN didn’t shoot because he like the rest of them are so low on confidence and refuse to take responsibility.
Our decision making in the final third is appalling

Loefah

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
More than 3? Yes. More than 7 or 8? No.

Jimenez seems shot, Neto's had one hot streak, Podence is only good for 4 or 5 a season even if he starts every game, Traore's finishing is woeful and Guedes has shown nothing, which can't solely be down to Lage.

When fit, Hwang is the key for me. He's not good enough for where most fans want us to get, but he could be good enough for where we're going to find ourselves.
Show's far we've regressed in that area. Cavaleiro was a better player but was deemed surplus to requirements years ago.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The way it is now are there any more free agents out there as even Robson Kanu who hasnt played for over a year would probably do a better job than what we are seeing!

Back
Top Bottom