Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Search results

1. C

Anyone else thinking sod it

I have been saying this for ages. That this is where the current direction takes us if we keep going along it. Football will turn into something like American Football. With teams taking 2 -3 mins to take free kicks, it's already getting to that. Short bursts of football with long pauses for the...
  2. C

JONZY54- REF WATCH V BOURNEMOUTH

And against Arsenal, a foul was given against Hwang for being hit in the face by an Arsenal player when both were jumping for the ball. The comms said it was because Hwang was in the Arsenal players way! They make it up as they go along and the pundits are those super intelligent people who are...
  3. C

That's one of the good things about VAR. Once you know who is on it, you can predict whether we'll be on the receiving end of a bad decision or not. Either that or you are psychic!
  4. C

Forest- possible points deduction

If that's true, then the smart money will be on Luton right now. Mind you, if almighty God came down to referee our match with omniscience, no bias and every decision 100% correct, the smart money would still be on Luton. :D Oh hang on, just heard that VAR is overuling God's decision - our goal...
  5. C

The Death of Football, R.I.P.

The difference is that goal scoring in football is much rarer than point scoring in rugby. If the nature of rugby was such that there was an average of only 3 penaltys/trys per match, then they would examine each of those with the same scrutiny that goals get in football. Our goals, that is.
  6. C

And another 10% soft penalties to Sky 6 clubs. And another 10% due to teams faffing about at the back. Then there's set pieces after players have "felt the contact". Actual goals in open play are about 1 every other week. Interestingly enough, despite apparently solving our goal scoring this...
  7. C

Albion haven't had VAR with fans in the ground yet. If anyone does it, it will be them!
  8. C

Weekend Prediction Game, Season 2023-2024

That got the hamstrings pinging!
  9. C

Arsenal's first goal on Saturday, there was definitely some contact with Doc even closer to the moment of goal scoring. Did they spend 3 minutes studying it? Nope. Kicked off immediately. Would be interested to know the actual time spent, because it feels like every goal we score has a long...
  10. C

Some people just tend to trust authority more than others do.
  11. C

The result and performance is Irrelevant, because one of the things that makes football special and holds the attention of even those who don't watch much, is those matches where a team gets battered and somehow steals a win. Football has had a lower correlation between level of performance and...
  12. C

Gary O'Neil - tactics

It's starting to have that "something doesn't look right" look about it. Similar to how we looked back in the Covid season v Albion, with Nuno looking dejected and the players not bothered. Same in the run in and start of the season under Bruno. Yes, we have excuses, but there's always an excuse...
  13. C

Bournemouth Verdict

Which shows that VAR isn't the solution. In my opnion , both decisions were wrong. The goal should have stood (I've seen more forceful accidental collisions in a supermarket queue) and it should have been a yellow card. Kilman made a worse challenge v Arsenal, for example, yet was only a yellow...
  14. C

Bournemouth Verdict

Yes, agree with this. Though we will never match Liverpool so comparisons are futile. The question is more why we looked a league behind Bournemouth? And while our attack has been decimated, our defence and midfield have got off lightly with injuries. It doesn't explain why Bournemouth cut...
  15. C

Will our season fizzle out?

We have several internationals who will no doubt look fine in the Euro's. We've seen that before. Suddenly they can run faster and tackle harder when playing for their national side than they can for us.
  16. C

Will our season fizzle out?

Seeing Bournemouth players celebrate like they'd won the league was like that Arsenal match 2 seasons ago where they did the same also after a 1-0 win. They had a player sent off too. And we were mostly dreadful.
  17. C

Everyone in the ground, walk out now. In protest

If disallowing tonights goal was right, then VAR is getting a lot of decisions wrong in other matches, where even stronger contact in the buildup is being completely ignored. Get rid of it. Seen far worse going on at corners and rarely gets penalised. Even if a goal is scored, sometimes. Or...
  18. C

Add in the total dominance of the same 6 clubs every season (being generous to perennial losers Spurs!) .... The same FA Cup final 2 years running. Might as well scrap the actual matches and just put the trophies up for auction at the start of the season. Pep couldn't complain about too many...
  19. C

It's a strange feeling. Yes, we were outplayed really badly for about 85 minutes of the match. But I feel worse than if our disallowed goal had never happened. You try and avoid going doing the conspiracy rabbit hole. But it's hard to look at that incident now, while knowing that many goals...
  20. C

Yes. Just watched it several times, the contact is so brief and inconsequential. Not even a tussle. And very debatable as to whether the arm swing is caused by the Bournemouth player jostling Cunha in the first place. In a sport where players appeal for everything, the Bournemouth player does...
Back
Top Bottom