Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Search results

1. Floyd Man

Uwe Seeler.

I saw him play at Villa Park against Argentina in ‘66. The West German fans were chanting his name throughout the game. He was an absolute icon to them. RIP
  2. Floyd Man

World cup

I think that now England have stated that they will not play Russia it is a bit of a game changer. Others will follow. FIFA will have to Chuck Russia out or the World Cup will not happen.
  3. Floyd Man

Coady

I think lots more media work to come and also a prominent career as a coach when he retires as a player.
  4. Floyd Man

Ron Flowers RIP

I was lucky enough to catch the tail end of his Wolves career. It was exciting for me to see a player of his quality. An absolute legend. RIP Ron.
  5. Floyd Man

Roger Hunt RIP

RIP Roger. It’s a bit depressing when you look at how few of that great squad are still with us.
  6. Floyd Man

Every Angle 21/22 season

I think it’s got a good chance. Apart from the fact it’s a great goal it was his comeback from a horrendous injury which the whole of the football community will be happy about.
  7. Floyd Man

Today’s games - 2021-22

I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s gone tomorrow.
  8. Floyd Man

Sir Jack - Any Personal Memories?

I was doing the Molineux stadium tour in the mid ‘90s with some work colleagues and at one point we were sat in the Director’s Box while the guide was explaining some stuff to us. Then Sir Jack turned up and chatted to us for a few minutes. It made the day tbh.
  9. Floyd Man

Jim McCalliog at the Mander Centre

He first came to my attention when he was playing for Sheffield Wednesday against Everton in the 1966 FA Cup Final. He had a sensational game and I was over the moon when he came to Wolves. I was gutted when he went. Cracking player.
  10. Floyd Man

Las Palmas game moved to 6pm

I really don’t get the sense of crisis when we lose a couple of pre season friendlies. These games are just to get the players sharp and give the Coach an opportunity to try a few things out. They mean absolutely nothing as regards the coming season.
  11. Floyd Man

George Curtis RIP

Yep, I saw him play many times when there was a big rivalry between Wolves and Coventry. He made Ron Harris look a friendly sort. RIP George.
  12. Floyd Man

Southgate - The Best England Coach Since Ramsey?

He’s taken England to two successive semi finals in major tournaments. The team look as comfortable as any England team I have ever seen in possession of the ball. Regardless of where it goes from here I reckon he’s the best we’ve had for 50 years.
  13. Floyd Man

Cameron Borthwick -Jackson

Bit of a shame really. You could see he had talent but his attitude absolutely stunk. He kind of thought he was too good to be playing at Wolves. I seem to remember one game where he made a balls up of shepherding a ball out and Danny had a go at him. He just wouldn’t accept the fact that he had...
  14. Floyd Man

George Best Documentary on BT

I was lucky enough to see him many times through the ‘60s and early ‘70s. Not just when he played against Wolves. I had a mate who was a United fan and I went up to Old Trafford a few times with him and his dad. Obviously a magical player. But the thing that isn’t said about him often enough is...
  15. Floyd Man

Long lost Family

Always wondered what my mrs did with the baby that day. It was pub, then the match, pub again..........all a bit of a blur after that.
  16. Floyd Man

Frank Lampard

I have nothing personal against Lampard. He possibly got the Chelsea job too early, and there is enormous pressure with that position. And when all is said and done he didn’t do that bad. But I do think the Wolves squad is pretty unique in its makeup and I’m not sure a British coach is the right...
  17. Floyd Man

Most Accomplished Wolves Captain?

Although I never saw him play, it has to be Billy Wright. Such an iconic player. But I saw the whole of Mike Bailey’s career at Wolves and he was fantastic.
  18. Floyd Man

It was bound to happen

The media are mostly young whipper snappers so won’t have cottoned on to this yet. But they soon will and I reckon there will be quite a few stories written about it over the next couple of weeks.
  19. Floyd Man

Bielsa - shortlist for FIFA coach of the year

Wins the title for the most overrated coach of all time. My guess is he will **** off when he gets completely ****ed off with the after game interviews...........and then go on to to achieve absolutely nothing somewhere else in Europe.
  20. Floyd Man

Colin Bell

A truly wonderful player in the great City side of the late ‘60s/ early ‘70s. You might say he was their De Bruyne. He really made them tick. RIP Colin.
Back
Top Bottom