Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Search results

1. M

Lopetegui

But you could argue you're ignoring the fact we needed to sell to ensure FFP isn't an issue when it comes around. The fact that the Neves sale alone appears to have satisfied FFP means we're now in the realms of Fosun seeing some of the profit they want (reported £50m) and any further spending...
  2. M

Lopetegui

I believe Johnny saying Wolves cannot afford to sack him is open to interpretation; I interpret is as, if Wolves were to sack him, it would have a direct effect on other spending within the club i.e. transfers. Not that they don't have the money to sack him but they're reluctant to and quite...
  3. M

Lopetegui

With all due respect, I think you've completely misunderstood the situation. Listening to the Talking Wolves podcast and digesting what Johnny Phillips has to say gives a little more context to the situation. It's not a case of no money to pay him off, the club would have accounted for that the...
  4. M

Cashflow situation

And we'll be relegated based on what exactly? JL has an almost identical starting 11 to last year and managed to get us 13th after being rock bottom. Our form in that time equated to a 41% win percentage; across an entire season that equates to almost 16 wins (48 points) which would have secured...
  5. M

Summer 2023 Transfer Window Thread

I love Neves but we actually looked a better team when he was suspended against Chelsea and Brentford! I love him as much as the next Wolves fan and love what he stood for and the time he gave us, it was a privilege to watch the best player I've ever seen in a Wolves shirt in my 29 years as a...
  6. M

How are we considerably weaker? You mean the poor team that JL, over the course of his time in charge, was able to guide to 10th based on form, winning 27 points in that time?
  7. M

No pace in the team :tearsofjoy: ... Beuno, RAN, Semedo, Nunes, Hwang, Neto, Cunha, Chiquinho not quick enough for you? Crikey, there's a few things us fans can criticise about this current team but lack of pace is not one of them!
  8. M

Lets discuss Fabio and his future .

We disagree, but I wouldn't say players that score 1 goal every 5 or 6 games have a poor scoring record. Especially when those two are still relatively young. Personally after the last 3/4 seasons of turgid football and massive changes to players and management, I'd take 8 goals from an...
  9. M

Look at it how you want. I've categorically said it's all hypothetical based on their career stats to date, so if you see that as hopeful thinking, so be it. You are however missing my point altogether; I was trying to highlight that despite Jos having an opinion that Cunha, Fabio and Neto...
  10. M

In my opinion, that's not true. If you look at our 3 top scorers (attackers) from last season, we had Podence on 6, Hwang next with 4, and Raul with 3, so straight away, we're potentially 5 goals better off than last season in the attacking department alone. 18 goals from 3 of our attackers this...
  11. M

I wouldn't account for the injuries to Jimenez and Jonny as they are both extreme examples. A fractured skull is quite rare in the game; Petr Cech proved you can come back and still play at the highest level whilst on the other hand, Ryan Mason had to retire after his. With Jimenez, it's quite...
  12. M

What are you basing this on? It's just over the course of his career, Cunha is a 1 in 5 attacker, Fabio is a 1 in 6 striker and Neto works out as a 1 in 10 attacker. Granted they're all young players and we don't have a lot to go on given their relative youth, but you can't say Cunha doesn't...
  13. M

Arsenal Verdict.

I had this discussion last night and said I was frustrated that Toti was dropped because he'd not really put a foot wrong; I felt it was the wrong message to send a young player but then I'm not a professional coach. On Saiss, I thought he looked off the boil in the first half and lost Ben White...
  14. M

Leicester Vs Wolves Comms Thread

Right before everyone starts pant wetting let me tell you this. I watched the whole game as we're in Lisbon and the game was being shown on one of the Portuguese sports channels! It just wasn't our day today, Leicester created next to nothing and were very lucky with their two goals today. One...
  15. M

The best goal you've ever scored?

Year 10 against our bitter local Newbury rivals in a Berkshire Schools Cup group game, I started on the right wing and set up our first goal to put us 1-0 up just before half time. Early second half our keeper came rushing out and dived over the ball which allowed their striker to jump over our...
  16. M

Team for Reading

For me it should be; Norris Bennett Coady Boly Doc Vinagre Alf MGW Cav Afobe Costa Norris should come in for Ruddy who does not...
  17. M

QPR Verdict thread

Player Ratings; Ruddy (6) - Made three very good saves throughout but he worries me slightly with his handling and there were two times where he flapped at crosses and corners that could have put us in trouble. Having said that he is clearly an experienced head who the younger lads look up to...
  18. M

QPR Verdict thread

So here’s my second shot at writing a match report, I wrote one after Reading away last season and after seeing our new team, style and manager for the second time this season I wanted to give my point of view. I don’t get to too many games as I not only live over two hours away in Basingstoke...
  19. M

Changing rooms

When I made the first team at De Montfort Uni, our varsity games were played against Leicester Uni at the King Power, their changing rooms were amazing but maybe that's just because I'm used to absolutely terrible facilities!! Each player got their own little alcove with their kit in but you...
  20. M

Afobe.

Look at his record for Wolves after he signed, in his first season (2014/15) he played 21 times scoring 13 goals and in his second season (2015/16) he played 25 times and scored 9 goals; so across 46 games he scored 22 goals which is almost a goal every other game. Combine that with the fact...
Back
Top Bottom