Search results

1. Alex Rae The Substitute

Bentley

Finally, a bit of news that will unite us all with hope that this season won’t be all bad.
  2. Alex Rae The Substitute

Serious question, is GON the man ?

I don’t doubt we can attract managers. But other than Lopetegui, who we had been courting for years, we’ve hardly managed to attract the best. Lage had a brief good spell, which then imploded, exactly as had happened at Benfica. O’Neil had a timely purple patch, but that is now a distant memory.
  3. Alex Rae The Substitute

Correct
  4. Alex Rae The Substitute

Will we be Relegated?

Fair points. A key point I meant to add, was I’m now skeptical that O’Neil had much say in the signings, particularly those he’s not playing. As you say, Lima and R. Gomes could very well go on to be good players, but if they’re getting no game time, even as subs, that’s not going to happen...
  5. Alex Rae The Substitute

Will we be Relegated?

Reason I think yes we’ll go down is because I don’t think the squad is any stronger than when the poor run started after the Coventry game, maybe even more unbalanced, plus O’Neil seems completely lost for answers now. We lost our captain, despite him seeming to be replaceable, we’ve failed to...
  6. Alex Rae The Substitute

Lage joined because he couldn’t believe his luck a fairly well established PL club offered him a role. Lopetegui joined because we’d courted him for years and timings worked ok (eventually). He then learned about the real situation and jumped ship. How come Lage was so hard to replace? Our...
  7. Alex Rae The Substitute

What may be keeping gates lower this season ? Poll

Prices! Then VAR. Then the quality of football/ likelihood to see a positive result.
  8. Alex Rae The Substitute

Empty Seats

This for me. We’re doing a Stoke, and I’ve said we’re sleep walking into a Stoke scenario since Nuno departed. Those that naively wanted him gone at the time “bEcAuSe ThE fOotBaLl wAs bOrING” really can’t have appreciated how good we had it. I’m glad I constantly told myself these are the good...
  9. Alex Rae The Substitute

But at least with Lopetegui the fore-play had started years before we eventually did get him and we had it from fairly reliable sources he was all but set to join us in the Championship.
  10. Alex Rae The Substitute

MEW - I mean this with no disrespect (you’re a solid poster!)… but in what world does Sarri join Wolves? Can’t see Moyes being interested, but there’s infinitely more chance of him than Sarri.
  11. Alex Rae The Substitute

Gary O’Neil

Decent payoff from WHU. Stock fairly high after the Europa Conference win and amicable split from the Hammers. I think he’ll be happy enough sitting it out for the next mid-level role to come up, or maybe even Rangers or Celtic. Reckon he’s got enough contacts in the game to know Wolves will...
  12. Alex Rae The Substitute

André

Yes, when the going gets really tough (within the next month) I suspect we’ll need to play 532. GK: Johnstone CB’s: Toti Gomes, Dawson, Mosquera WB’s: Semedo, RAN MF: Lemina, Gomes, Andre ST: Cunha, JSL It won’t be the heady days of Jota, Raul, Neto and Traore terrifying defenders, but it...
  13. Alex Rae The Substitute

I’ve had doubts from day one, and was adamant he had to go after Ipswich. That’s said I was the first to admit I needed to eat my words when we subsequently hit that purple patch. However, over the course of his tenure I haven’t seen enough consistently to think he’s the right man, and fear we...
  14. Alex Rae The Substitute

Gary O’Neil

We will not be able to attract Moyes.
  15. Alex Rae The Substitute

Gary O’Neil

I think our fanbase just needs to look at who we went for when Nuno departed to see that the names people on here are calling for are not going to happen. Our stock was at it’s highest for 30-40 years or so, and we went for Bruno Lage, who had 18 months managerial experience. We are nowhere...
  16. Alex Rae The Substitute

Gary O’Neil

Moyes wouldn’t touch us with a 10 foot pole. We couldn’t afford his wages or his transfer budget. He wants tried and tested pros, our model is the complete opposite to that. We’ll try to do a BHA and appoint a mid-30s German manager I reckon, only we’ll have done nowhere near the same amount of...
  17. Alex Rae The Substitute

Gary O’Neil

At what point do we start to say the form is appalling and it is time to act? 1 win in 15 games (and that was a struggle to relegation bound Luton, at home). A big fear is we’ll do a classic Wolves and act too late, partly to save save face because we gave O’Neil a new contract - one which we...
  18. Alex Rae The Substitute

Hospitality? Surely a joke??

Not sure if you read their post :p
  19. Alex Rae The Substitute

Hospitality? Surely a joke??

The club is so out of touch with our fanbase and surrounding area. London and maybe Manchester there is enough of an appetite for this, but I just can’t see it for Wolverhampton.
  20. Alex Rae The Substitute

2024/25 Today’s Games Thread

Definitely think we’re in for a long hard season looking at results.
Back
Top Bottom